IGNORED

Anyone interested in a golf course??

TN94z
Note: This thread is 5531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sabram Marsh and Ocean harbors were a power play by an old woman and Palmer golf which ran them both.It seems that when the contract ran out they could not come to a new agreement and so the "Wicked Witch of callabash just let them sit and die.She has refused several offers over the years but refuses to budge.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

This is a not so common thing any more. When the golf boom took of there was a course opening every day or something like that was the statistic. Anyway now that golf is in a down turn course are getting closed left and right. I dont think the problem is so much the current econ, as it is just an over saturation of the market. Another thing that I have been seeing latly is a number of Country Clubs closing. I think the problem with this is so many public course that have top quality course, you dont need to join a club to play a good course anymore. I belive this trent will continue to a point then level off. Or there will be another golf boom and you will see more course, only time will tell. But for the time being play your home courses and try and keep them alive.

Idea Irons tight lies
R5 duel
PW
Putter I-series
bag Home Course Pondaros RIP

I enjoy playing different courses. I played my the first round of golf in my life on August 20, 2000 when I was in my mid to late 50s. In the 8 years since 20courses I have played in mid-Michigan have closed. More will follow in the next year or two. Also several Country Clubs have gone semi-private and others allow public play mid week. Courses need people to play on them.

if i was filthy rich... id love to own a course... private playground
but then again... if i was filthy rich... i could play really good courses without the headache of actually running one
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

yeah, fun to dream about owning one, but if I had the money to buy one, I would just go play all the courses you see in the magazines...or the crazy ones, like the Himilaya courses in last months Golf Digest.

In my bag are
Hibore XLS 10.5*
Hibore XLS 22* 3i Hybrid
TA7 irons 3-PW, SW
CG11 60* LW VP #5 putter.

Bad things are happening in the golf industry!

Within 25 miles of my house, 6 courses have gone under in the last year.

2 bankrupt and closed to play. 3 operating under bankruptcy, and one (which was on a number of "top courses" lists) being plowed up for housing.

I've had private clubs offer to waive or reduce initiation fees.

I worry about the future of the game...

• 4 weeks later...
I just put in my own golf course in my backyard. OK, its only 1 hole and the drive is only 25 yards to the tip. My question is this; how do I find the people who are taking over these properties? I want some novelty items for my short game area, like a ball washer, club washer, tee markers, etc. How do I find them? There isn't too much on eBay.

Note: This thread is 5531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!