IGNORED

Bridgestone ball challange

Note: This thread is 5539 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been seeing these comercials again lately and I've been wondering if anyone has done this and what the results were.

i don't watch much tv, so I havent seen the commercial but I did get fitted for a ball by a Bridgestone representative. I got fitted for the b330s i believe and thought it was a good experience. I made a post on this earlier about 6 months ago

What I Play!

x86 Stand Bag
Driver: 907D2 10.5* w/EPIC-S
Irons: 735.CM irons 4-PW PX 5.5FW Wood: 909F2 15.5* Aldila Voodoo SHybrid: 909.H 21* Diamana Blue Board SWedges: Vokey 250.08 (oil can), Spin Milled 54.11 & 60.07 (Black Ni)Studio Select 2.5Ball: Pro-V1x/Bridgestone B330s (or anything I...

I haven't done the challenge, but i switched to the b-330s ball, after being a devoted Titleist ball player for the past few years. I played the pro-v1, and gained a few yards off the driver and irons. The spin around the greens was about the same, maybe a bit less. it lasted probably about 4 more holes before i wanted to replace it. i just got a box of the new pro-v1, so well see how those do, before i buy some more bridgestones. good luck, try'em out though, i switched.

I have been seeing these comercials again lately and I've been wondering if anyone has done this and what the results were.

Let me set the stage: It is October 2007, and I had broken 100 recently (my first sub-100 round was the Saturday before the 2007 British Open). I was a devoted (gulp) Top Flite Strata user, experimenting with the Titleist DT So-Lo. I was visiting a friend in O.C. and, at the Anaheim Roger Dunn's range, Bridgestone was doing a ball fitting. I figured, why not?

The Bridgestone Rep measured my drives off the Titleist at 190 yards - about what I expected, and described my shot shape - at the time, I alternated between straight and weak fade, without every really hitting strong slices. He didn't test the Stratas, since they weren't being produced anymore, so I wouldn't be able to stick with them. The Bridgestone Rep suggested the e6 (this was before the e6+), offering me 10 more yards and more fairways. I was skeptical, but a free sleeve convinced me to give it a try. I went out the next day and was hitting one club less into greens and hit 10 fairways. I switched to the e6 pretty much right away, and stuck with it until last July, when I was convinced to try higher spin balls. If there's a ball challenge near me, I may well try it again. In retrospect, I think the e6 was the right ball for me at the time, and I still suggest it to people who lack distance off the tee or need the accuracy. I once gave an e6 to a woman at the course, and somehow managed to give her the only golf ball that ever listened to its player. Every time for the rest of the round that she yelled at it to turn or avoid a tree or such, it obeyed.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I haven't seen the comericial. But after playing the NXT Tour exclusively for 2 years, I've switched to the Bridgestone e5+. Given unlimited resources I'd play the Bridgestone B330s, NOT the ProV1. I like the ProV1 and it performed well for me. For me the B330s is just as good.

The e5+ is the highest spinning 2 piece ball I have ever played. I actually backed one up with a full-on SW this week. That is the first time I have backed up a shot (unassisted by the slope) EVER! I just ended up farther from the hole though....I don't understand the obsession with backspin.

I've played a couple dozen B330 balls and found them to be super, however my real favorite is the E5+. It is simply the best ball for me in every aspect.

I've been playing the Noodle Plus lately simply due to huge cost savings and super performance as well.

The spin and elevated height of the E5+ is much appreciated.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Can someone outline the challenge for me-what is this commercial. We dont get golf commercials in the UK! Well except the odd titleist one or golf holiday villas with jack nicklaus.

Oh I was forgeting the best of them all-the Slazenger K1 speed and F.A.S.T irons with Tony Jacklin and Kenny Daglish-with free Handy sandy wedge-which he holes first shot from a bunker-legend!

Does anyone else like this advert as much as I do??????

I'd love to try the challenge, but it's not anywhere in my area in the near future. Based on their web fitting I can play the 330x or the e5+. I've almost always used Titleist or Callaway balls, but I may give the e5+ a try. spending less on a ball, especially in the early part of the season isn't a bad idea.

"take a couple weeks off - then quit for good"

- X-460 Tour 10.5 Fujikura Stiff
- War Bird 15deg 3 Wood
- MX-23 Irons
- Vokey 52 + 55deg wedges
- 900 60deg Low Bounce - Studio Design 1.5 - Pro V1x - SG4Sun Mountain Carry and Great Divider Cart Bags.

I would definitely go to the Bridgestone Ball Challenge if I had the opportunity to. I played the B330-RX my last round out when it was actually warm, and was very impressed.

I haven't tried it yet, but it's just a ball-fitting/marketing push to try and capture some of the ball market. Similar to club fitting where you hit different clubs/shafts, you hit a bunch of different types of balls and they try to convince you that Bridgestones are better than Titleist.

Here's the link. They even have an "online" ball fitting. http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/en/fitting/

Is noone gonna explain the challenge or ad to me then? Ok, I'll sit in the corner and sulk.

Here's the commercial some people were talking about

: In short, you take your driver and the ball you play to a launch monitor, provided by Bridgestone representatives. They tell you the launch statistics. Then they recommend a Bridgestone ball, and you hit that, and they tell you the launch statistics. Finally, they give you a sleeve of the suggested Bridgestone balls, so you can try them for yourself.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5539 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!