IGNORED

La Quinta Resort in Palm Springs

Note: This thread is 5532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I won a contest that includes two rounds at any of the 9 courses at La Quinta in Palm Springs. Anyone have a recommendation? I guess something not too difficult would be best, but I can sacrifice a little dignity for beauty.

I won a contest that includes two rounds at any of the 9 courses at La Quinta in Palm Springs. Anyone have a recommendation? I guess something not too difficult would be best, but I can sacrifice a little dignity for beauty.

I played Trilogy La Quinta in Aug 2007. Beautiful course, but I made the mistake of wearing a cotton shirt, and the heat was too much, even for me.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I rode along with a group a family on several of the courses, and they all looked great. La Quinta is offerring a golf weekend right now. $479 per person, per day... includes hotel and foood, and ALL THE GOLF YOU CAN PLAY ON ALL THE COURSES.

Have fun man.

In my bag are
Hibore XLS 10.5*
Hibore XLS 22* 3i Hybrid
TA7 irons 3-PW, SW
CG11 60* LW VP #5 putter.

The La Quinta resort is great. I love the bungalo style rooms they have.

As far as the courses go. If you are looking for beauty over toughness, of the nine you can play I'd recommend the Mountain Course at La Quinta and the PGA West Norman course.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

The La Quinta resort is great. I love the bungalo style rooms they have.

Thanks for your recommendations, guys. I booked the Mountain Course and the Dunes Course (the Norman Course wasn't available). I'll post a review when I get back.

You can't go wrong with that. Those are both right on the main La Quinta properties. Player friendly courses too. Bring your camera. The jagged rock mountains are a site to see for sure. And on that mountain course, you're playing right next to them. I think it's the 3rd or 4th hole, a par5, that's my favorite hole on the course. Its a dogleg left that you can play right over a corner of the jagged rock. Awesome stuff!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• 3 weeks later...
The Mountain course is great, you will love it. I haven't played the Dunes. But we'll be out there next weekend to play La Quinta and PGA West. I like playing in the morning, getting some lunch and then playing the $49 replay special in the afternoon, and any of the courses. We're playing Mountain in the morning and will probably play Dunes that afternoon. Sunday its Stadium and the hopefully Norman later.

Note: This thread is 5532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!