IGNORED

Who's wife is like mine?

jcrob902
Note: This thread is 5526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My wife bought me my first set of irons with a help of a friend, Ping eye 2 becu 3-pw with a sunmountain golf bag. She always encourages me to go out to play and never ever tells me not to play because she know how much I love the game. I am truly blessed.

I've heard of wifes hiding their husbands golf shoes so they would not go out to play, or friends sneaking out to play golf, so I feel lucky.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

When the Nike SQ 460 driver's came out,I woke up on valentine's day that year to find a brand new Nike SQ driver gift wraped in black and yellow ribbon sitting in front of the TV, last year she not only agreed, but pretty much told me I could buy new irons,I had been talking about it for a couple of years, but she rememberd and suggested it, then she gave me $100 yesterday because I was going to a golf show, how sweet is that? now just so nobody get's any crazy ideas I do work anad make more than enough money as a production manager at a Japanese automotive facility, so I'm not a moocher.

Are you sure you arent dreaming buddy?? Just kidding, sounds like a good woman to me.
What's in my Nike Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag:

L4V 9.5F Driver
909F2 13.5* VooDoo Stiff Flex Shaft
VR Forged Split Cavity 3-PW Custom Newport 2.6 Vokey Spin Milled 56.11 Wedge 60.10 SV Tour Wedge Diablo Golf Balls / ZIP Golf Balls SG 2.5

My wife has always been very supportive of whatever I got into. My new interest in golf included.
She snuck up on me a couple days ago while I was trying to pick out my first pair of golf shoes online. Rather than ask WTH I needed them for, she helped me try to figure out which ones would be best, helped me hunt down a good price on a pair. She then ordered them for me, because I had to run out on an errand. I'd say that she's a keeper, and that I am extremely lucky.

My fiancee is pretty cool with me playing all the time. She actually wanted to join me for a range session this weekend, but backed out when I said I'd leave the house at ~8 AM to beat the crowd and be able to practice in cooler temperatures. I don't mind having her there to make some practice shots, but I wonder if she realizes I can easily spend up to three or four hours practicing when the weather is as great as it was this weekend.

She puts up with having a club and practice balls in the living room and a net in the backyard for several months. She also bought me my putter last year for my birthday and her cousin is baking a golf cake as a groom's cake for the wedding :).

My wife bought me a season pass this year!
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

My wife bought me my current set of irons as a wedding gift back in 2006. They were the ones I had been eyeing and had been fitted to. She stole the fitting papers and ordered them up for me. Gave them to me the during the rehearsal dinner. Was a great surprise because I was waiting until after the wedding to order them. Now she lets me know when golf equipment is on sale at different places.

I guess it is her trade off for all the money she spends on her scrapbooking stuff.

WITB
Driver: Ping G425 - Aldila Rogue White
3 Wood: Nike SQ Dymo 
Hybrid: TaylorMade SLDR
Irons: Ping i525 Retro Spec
Wedges: Cleveland 588 (52,56,60)
Putter: Never Compromise Gamble Limited Custom

Balls: Titleist ProV1

I got home from work and the wife was all kitted out in her best silks,she says to me "tie me up to the bedposts and do whatever you like"
So I tied her up and went and had a round with the guys!

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

My wife bought me my current irons for my 50th birthday, but that will be the only time that happens. She's cool about me playing, I play on Sunday mornings and she goes to church, while she watches her soap operas on DVR I go practice, so it works out pretty well.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I am only engaged, but my fiance understands that when summer rolls around I am out most days either playing/practicing. Her father is a golf nut like me, so she has experience with it. Some days in the winter I am sure she wishes I could play all year around.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

You work and make more than enough money... and she

Ha,your the funny guy aren't you now,actually what happened was she woeked a bunch of overtime and when we got paid she just gave $100 dollars out of her check, to go with the money I already had,my son stayed with my step mom and me my dad and brother went to the show while my wife worked.

Mizuno mp 630 9.5 Mitsubishi Fubuki stiff
Taylormade R7 RE*AX 55g Stiff
Taylomade Rescue mid 19* Light metals 95g
Mizuno MX25 4 -52*Gap True Temper Dynalite S/L
Mizuno MP-T 56* / 60*Odyssey White Hot Tour # 1

I got home from work and the wife was all kitted out in her best silks,she says to me "tie me up to the bedposts and do whatever you like"

that's a classic!

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

My wife is OK with me playing, but if I tell her it's going to be 18 holes she gets pretty quiet and moody. We have a toddler who still requires a lot of attention.

Just a guess, but I'm betting most of you guys whose wives buy you equipment, encourage you to get out and play, etc., don't have small children at home.

Well my wife made me buy a set of cheapo irons at a garage sale for $10, and said she wants me to learn to play golf. Of course since then I've upgraded a bit...Little did she know I would become obsessed. Now she sings a different tune. We have two kids, 4 and 5, so I'm leaving them at home with here while I go play for 3-5 hours on the weekend. So now I take my sone with me, and he'll walk nine holes, or ride the cart for 18. That works out if I can get my daughter to go over to a friend's house. But new club purchases are made with my coffee can savings acct. you know the little bit of money you can skim off the top before she gets a hold of it for bills.

In my bag are
Hibore XLS 10.5*
Hibore XLS 22* 3i Hybrid
TA7 irons 3-PW, SW
CG11 60* LW VP #5 putter.

Please! My wife gave me fits when I wanted to consider new equipment two years ago that I had been playing for....16 YEARS!! I'm just now getting new irons for the first time in 15 YEARS. I have used a total of 4 putters in the last 19 years. And I catch flack every time I consider any kind of new equipment. I'm very good about selling my leftovers but to no avail. It's a hassle. But I can't complain too much. I finally have a decent bag of goods. Still tweaking though!

A new pair (or multiple pairs) of True Religion jeans for the wife = whatever club(s) I want to buy . Fortunately she controls the majority of the finances in the house (good thing too because I would have about 4 duck boats and a warehouse full of golf clubs). One thing she would never do is buy me a club because she knows I'm way too picky…If I want it I will confirm with her and get it myself.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

When the Nike SQ 460 driver's came out,I woke up on valentine's day that year to find a brand new Nike SQ driver gift wraped in black and yellow ribbon sitting in front of the TV, last year she not only agreed, but pretty much told me I could buy new irons,I had been talking about it for a couple of years, but she rememberd and suggested it, then she gave me $100 yesterday because I was going to a golf show, how sweet is that? now just so nobody get's any crazy ideas I do work anad make more than enough money as a production manager at a Japanese automotive facility, so I'm not a moocher.

damn you gotta get her approval for clubs? KIDDING! that's awesome man.

best feeling in the world when they understand our itches. i get presents for golf all the time, and it's awesome. GPS, balls, gloves, golf smith cards, shoes and grips. it brings back a good memory when you're on the course and you pull out something they gave....usually leads to a good shot for me at least.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!