IGNORED

Nike vs. Cobra

Note: This thread is 5530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Speaking of the L5V, how do you like it? I tried to do a search on it and I couldn't find anything on it. At a recent demo day, a lot of people were trying that driver out and the general consensus is that it's just like you said, long, straight and a sharp looking club. I'm looking at another Nike Dymo Square driver but I'd like to get your thoughts on the L5V, thanks!

Love the L5V....

I haven't hit the DYMO from Nike, but having owned the Sumo from last year and owning several different varieties of Nike clubs, I'm sure it's a solid driver.... nothing against square drivers, but honestly, it's a breath of fresh air to get back to a "traditional" head.... and thats mainly for appearance reasons.... but, also, since the square's head is so big, I really believe it creates enough drag to slow your swing up just a bit over a "traditional" head.... but, back to the L5V.... its a winner of a club.... you won't go wrong w/ it.... I demoed the L4V from last year and loved that as well.... and for this year I made up my mind I was getting a Cobra driver..... and does it bomb!

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

Thanks for all the great opinions and advice so far in this topic.

Hopefully I'll get into Golf Galaxy sometime next week and feel up some of the irons and maybe hit some balls with them. The only two I've got a feel for a bit are the Cobra FP's and the Sumo's, but I'll have to check out what else they have and see how those go.

Stewart Cink plays CCI's.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I dont know if you're stuck on the CCI's, but I have the Slingshot OSS's, and I like the way they feel. Since they're a few years older, you can probably find a new set for relatively cheap. I also have the Nike SQ Sumo 5000 9.5*, and it's performed very well for me. I'm pretty sure Dick's Sporting Goods has it on sale right now too, although you can probably find a better price somewhere else.

How soon are you looking to buy something? I know at least in my area, Nike is doing their demo days this month. It may be worth holding out and trying out some of their new stuff at a demo, if there's one close to you.

Good luck!

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

I didn't really want to make another new topic, so I figured I'd ask this here and hope someone sees it.

I found a set of New Cobra 2008 FP Irons on eBay for $319.99 (down to $287.99 with a 10% off coupon I have on eBay) from a seller that I think some of you on here have said is very reputable, The Putterman. Here's what I'm wondering. I know that lie and loft can be adjusted after I buy the clubs when I go in to get them fit. However, what about length? I've been told before that I need longer irons, but I'm not sure if that's true. I'm 6'3" so I'm pretty tall and I believe my wrist to floor is about 38" and I think I've looked it up in the past and it's recommended that I need clubs about 1/2" longer. Can length be adjusted after buying standard length clubs without buying all new shafts? And I'm assuming I should just go with regular stiffness as well? I'm not a really huge hitter I don't think, so I don't think I'd need stiff shafts. I'm just sort of confused on the process. $287.99 would be an absolute steal for me to get brand new irons, but I also want them to fit me right.

Note: This thread is 5530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!