IGNORED

Adidas v.s. Footjoy

Note: This thread is 5523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For years and years I have trusted my golf game to Footjoy but for the first time in decades I will be teeing off this spring wearing Adidas. The main reason for the switch is quality. I bought a new pair of e-comfort Footjoys last year and the sole fell apart by the end of the season. I play a lot of golf and I walk but I have never had a pair of Footjoys break down after a single season.

Has the quality of Footjoy gone downhill, and will the Adidas hold up?

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

I've had a pair of Tour 360 II's since the day they came out, which was about three years ago I think? I play quite a bit and they have nothing wrong with them except the leather is a little worn, but that is expected. Ill definitely go Adidas again after having these shoes. Suuuuuper comfortable and durable.

To answer the other part of your question, I don't think Footjoy has declined in quality, they make some good golf shoes. I think its just that Adidas outshines Footjoy in the durability department.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

well I have a pair of Powerbands and some 360s and I love both of them. They have great comfort and durability, but my next pair will be some FJ SYNR-Gs they look awesome and I have no question that FJ has the same quality of Adidas if not better.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a pair of power bands, but the fabric that lines the heel has fallen apart on mine :( This may be because I have slightly narrow heels but i dunno. Never owned a pair of footjoys, so hard for me to comment on that one! I more recently purchased a pair of gore-tex eccos and couldn't be happier!

What I Play!

x86 Stand Bag
Driver: 907D2 10.5* w/EPIC-S
Irons: 735.CM irons 4-PW PX 5.5FW Wood: 909F2 15.5* Aldila Voodoo SHybrid: 909.H 21* Diamana Blue Board SWedges: Vokey 250.08 (oil can), Spin Milled 54.11 & 60.07 (Black Ni)Studio Select 2.5Ball: Pro-V1x/Bridgestone B330s (or anything I...

I have a pair of power bands, but the fabric that lines the heel has fallen apart on mine :( This may be because I have slightly narrow heels but i dunno. Never owned a pair of footjoys, so hard for me to comment on that one! I more recently purchased a pair of gore-tex eccos and couldn't be happier!

I had the same thing happen to me. Within 1 year the powerbands' fabric lining fell in on itself. Adidas gave me credit and I upgraded to the 360s. I have been happy with the 360s.

However I just purchased the TW Nike Air Zooms. Just loved the way they look. The 360s are now my driving range shoes.

Driver: Nike Covert Driver

Irons: Mizuno JPX-825 Pro 5-GW 

Cleveland Mashie 1, 2, 3, & 4 hybrids

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4 Black Nickel 54* & 58*

Putter: Wack-e with super stroke grip

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X

I own a pair of FootJoy (DryJoy) Tech's and think they are too cool for school. I have owned both and wouldn't hesitate to go with Adidas again.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

For years and years I have trusted my golf game to Footjoy but for the first time in decades I will be teeing off this spring wearing Adidas. The main reason for the switch is quality. I bought a new pair of e-comfort Footjoys last year and the sole fell apart by the end of the season. I play a lot of golf and I walk but I have never had a pair of Footjoys break down after a single season.

Step up and get yourself some Classics Dry Premiers. Those are real golf shoes. The only other brand of golf shoe that can even come close in any way, is Ecco.

I've never had a pair of FootJoys fail like that, but I could see getting pissed if it happened to me!

I don't mess around with golf shoes......I stick with what works. For me, that's FJ DryJoys. I get about 200 rounds (primarily riding) or about 3 years out of a pair. More importantly, they fit me perfectly and are comfortable right out of the box......every single time.

If they screw it up, I might look elsewhere, but until they do, they get my business!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a pair of the 360 II and a pair of 360 III. Both are the best shoe i have owned. Ive had my 360 II's for over a year and they are still in excellent shape. I walk 98% of the time. My old FJ e-comforts were okay in dry conditions. The water proofing on the 360's are better and they are more durable than any FJ's that ive owned. I havent owned any other adidas golf shoe besides the 360 models so i cant say that quality extends down their whole line.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

well I have a pair of Powerbands and some 360s and I love both of them. They have great comfort and durability, but my next pair will be some FJ SYNR-Gs they look awesome and I have no question that FJ has the same quality of Adidas if not better.

I have a pair of the SYNR-G's, they are comfortable, but the toe came unglued after 3 weeks of moderate use. So I am starting to think that the quality of footjoy is declining.

Hi,

I have a pair of 360 limited ---> Perfect!

Because of wet winterweather, I got myself an second pair, and I bought FJ DryJoys.
On my second round, I wnated to tighten the laces, and I tore the plastic thing apart (dont know the english word: the plastic with a hole in it to put the lace through)

This is really annoying. I wonder why anybody uses plastic parts on sports shoes above the sole.

In my Tour Combo Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°
5W: 2008 Burner 18°
3H: Idea Pro Gold 20°4H: 2008 Burner Rescue 22°Irons: MP52 R300 5-PWedges: Vokey SM 50.08, 54.11, 58.04, 60.11Putter: Itsy Bitsy SpiderBall: TP Red

I had a pair of those FootJoy Reel Fit shoes and the the only thing cool about them were the lacing mechanism. I think a lot of the Boomer Generation is accustomed to breaking in a pair of shoes, any pair. The stiff leather makes it so you have too.

Our X and Y generation is just used to having shoes that have that broken in feel.

Now having said that, I'm not trying to make it a generational thing, it's just the way that technology has progressed in the short time between generations.

So, had the Reel Fit and Gel FJ's, liked them, just had to break them in and when the Reel Fit mechanism broke, I sent them back to FJ for repair, all free of charge. While I was waiting, I picked up a pair of Adidas Powerband shoes and I love them. I feel they circulate air better while the FJ's just turn into an oven. The fit around the arch is better and the toe-box is wider. This just goes to show that everyone's foot is different, and event each person's left and right foot are different. I wish other companies would license that ReelFit lacing mechanism, prevent re-tying of laces and it has a consistent fit.

909 D2, 9.5 with Matrix Ozik XCon 5
909 F2, 15.5 3W with Matrix Ozik Xcon 5
909 H, 19 & 24 with stock Aldila Voodoo S
AP2, 5-PW with Project X 5.5
CG10, 52 gap wedge CG10, 56 sand wedge Spin Milled, 60 lob wedge Newport 2.5

I just replaced my Foot Joys with Adidas Powerbands. Hope they are near as good. They sure look sharper then the Foot Joys...

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

Hi,

If you're talking about the little plastic cap/sealing at the end of the lace... it's called an aglet. Don't ask how I know that. If you're talking about the actual hole... well then I just don't know.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

Note: This thread is 5523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!