IGNORED

New Wedges, thoughts?

Note: This thread is 5478 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am looking to upgrade my short game play, so I am considering purchasing new wedges..

Anyone have any recommendations?

Mizuno, Cleveland, Titleist, or anyone that I may have missed..

Right now I'm liking my friends Titleist wedges, but I'm hearing tons of great stuff about Mizuno..

Any light that could be shed would be greatly appreciated..

scratch

looking to get some myself

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

Mizuno over any other brand, and honestly, it's not even close..

R7 Limited Patriot 9.5º
Sasquatch 15º
Idea Pro Gold Hybrid 20º
Tour Preferred Irons 4-PW
Z Smoke TP 52º SV Tour Black Satin 56º Rossa Core Classics Fontana One Tour

I think Scratch is the best on the market...they have both cast and forged wedges.

Outside of Scratch... I think Mizuno is the best forged and Cleveland is the best cast.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

Tour Edge Exotics Extreme Spin Milled Wedges

We just got a few Exotic wedges in the shop where I work and those are some very very very nice looking wedges.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

MX-950 Wedge Set
I can purchase this set now for less than $200, opinions please..
Anyone have an opinion on this particular set?

* Mizuno MX-950 Wedges

1. Gap 51-07 degree
2. Sand 56-12 degree
3. Lob 60-08 degree

* Grain Flow Forged
* Shaft: Stock Mizuno EXSAR Graphite IS2 (picture shows steel shafts, but they will have the Deep Blue Mizuno Graphite Shafts in them!!!!)
* Flex: Regular (not that it matters on a wedge, but the shaft says Regular on it)
* Length: Standard
* Grip: Mizuno Stock M21 Tour Velvet grip

Mizuno over any other brand, and honestly, it's not even close..

I completely disagree... to me it seems as if pretty much every company out there has stepped up there wedge designs. Many now offer custom grinds and more variety in lofts. Cleveland and Titleist still have the BEST selection, but Callaway, Mizuno, Tour Edge, Ping and other companies all offer some damn nice wedges these days.

If you have the money there is NO question that scratch is one of the best around, and offers a great selection in grind and loft, and of course has a custom shop as well. Wedges are sooooo personal that it is YOU who must decide what YOU prefer, and anyone who says one brand is vastly superior to all others is completely full of
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Im sound financially, money isn't an issue, I could go to a Roger Dunn shop and get "sold" a set of wedges, but I would rather listen to fellow golfers and see what thye have to say..

So I'm eagerly awaiting some more opinions..

I completely disagree... to me it seems as if pretty much every company out there has stepped up there wedge designs. Many now offer custom grinds and more variety in lofts. Cleveland and Titleist still have the BEST selection, but Callaway, Mizuno, Tour Edge, Ping and other companies all offer some damn nice wedges these days.

Oops, I should have used green font. I was pretending I was someone who owned a Mizuno club.

R7 Limited Patriot 9.5º
Sasquatch 15º
Idea Pro Gold Hybrid 20º
Tour Preferred Irons 4-PW
Z Smoke TP 52º SV Tour Black Satin 56º Rossa Core Classics Fontana One Tour

Have a look at the Nike VR forged wedges, I have my eye on these when I upgrade later this year. I have tried the Vokey wedges (not this years model) and they are good too. I hear lots of good things about cleveland wedges but when I looked at them in a store they just didn't feel good in my hands, which was surprising because I am a big fan of cleveland golf.
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

Titleist Vokey Design Spin Milled

Those are pretty low bounce options... I would probably go higher... Maybe 14 and 8. Vokey's are probably one of the better looking cast wedges but I just couldnt get used to the click of them.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

I play the 09 SM Vokeys and love them. They are great off the fairway and around the greens. They absolutely shred ProV1s and give you so much spin. I also would recommend Cleveland CG12s. They are about equal, but I just loved the classic look that Titleist makes.

In My Ping Hoofer 3 Team Bag:
Driver - R9 460 with Aldila ReAx 60 g
3 Wood - :titleist 909f2 with Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Hybrid - 585H 19 degree with Graphite Design YS 85
Irons - AP1 4-PW with TTDGHL S300 Wedges - Vokey SM Tour Chrome 54.11 & 58.08 Putter - Circa 62 No. 3 Ball - ProV1...

Titleist Vokey is the only way to go. If you can get them all to your 9 iron length including your pitching wedge. It helps you keep all the same swing and tempo through your scoring clubs. You will be amazed.
Currently I have 48 200 series vokey
09 spin milled tour chrome 54.11 bent to 53.10
09 spin milled tour chrome 58.08
all have Project x satin finish shafts to 9 iron length and no matter which one I pull out I'm on auto pilot.

Good Luck

:taylormade: R9 9.5d with Fujikura Motore 65 Stiff
ss-07 13deg 3 wood Graphite Design Purple Ice 85-S
Md-17 1i/4w UST V2 Tour Hybrid X
A3 Pro 20 Tour Prototype Mitsubishi Javln X
MP 57 4,5,6 Project X 6.5 MP 67 7,8,9 Project X 6.5 Vokey 200 series 48d Project X satin 6.5/ Vokey 09SMTC 54.11...

I have to agree with the '09 Vokey Spin Milled wedges. Just picked up my new 56.08 and that club is SWEET! I'm ready to change out my old Vokey 52 and Cleveland 60. They do shred the ball, wow.
What's in the bag...

Driver --- G15 9* Aldila Serrano
3 Wood - Sumo2 15* Aldila NV
5 Wood - Versus 19* Mitsubishi Bassara 83Irons ---- X-Forged 4 - PWWedges - Vokey S.M. 52.08, 56.08 & 60.08Putter --- Futura PhantomBall ------ Tour i(s)

Note: This thread is 5478 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!