IGNORED

Funniest Incident You've Witnessed

Doctorfro
Note: This thread is 5491 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

High School match and I had been watching some pro teeing up with the tee marker between his ball and stance - so of course I had to try it with my ball only 6" or so from the marker. Needless to say I ended up hitting the tee marker and not my ball.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a friend waiting a group behind to play off the first tee so I went up to him and told him to have a good round and gave him my favorite tee from my bag. It happen to be one of those rare tees when they manufactured it the top is flat instead of grooved so the ball will sit on the tee. I watched as my friend tried 3 times to place the ball on the first tee I gave him with no success and he looks at the tee and realized what was wrong and curses out my name.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I think my funniest was when Dub and I were in the woods on #1 Island here at Gordon Lakes, and he had to do a dance after one of my balls hit a tree and headed back his direction. Much love for ya buddy!!!

It happens....and it happens to all of us at some time or another.

My version of that has been lately.....I can play several rounds and have great results from the sand....but....I'll hit the occasional beaner skull about shin high accross the green and have people high stepping. Hit one of those today...coming out of the bunker on No. 1 Pine.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

on a course about 20 mins from where i live is a hole that has, for several years running, been dubbed the hardest hole in the state of arkansas. it's a 175 yard par 3 with the tee box on a cliff overlooking a pond/lake, and the green is a peninsula with a creek running almost entirely around behind it. you either hit the green or you're dropping and eating a stroke. also on this particular course is a "course dog" known simply as "brown dog." brown dog is a water dog and can often be found on this particular hole, and he'll charge into the water and swim around barking whenever a player on the cliff puts a ball in the drink.

that in of itself is pretty amusing to me, but here's the story:

so i'm on this hole, and i see brown dog dozing by the green, i guess after a tiring frolick through the pond. i take my shot, and it's right on line at first, but the wind is behind me and slightly right, so i ended up with a little extra distance and about 5 yards right of target, which... well. just happened to be where brown dog was dozing. he didn't get hit, thankfully, but the ball did land no more than five feet away from him. he jumped about a foot in the air, looked around, saw my ball, picked it up in his mouth and promptly slung it into the pond!

some guys who were in front of me witnessed the debacle, and as they saw brown dog picking my ball up, one of them ran back towards the green yelling "HEY! HEY DOG! PUT THAT DOWN!" i caught up with them a couple of holes later, and the guy was telling me that for such a fine shot, it broke his heart to see it ruined because of the dog, haha. oh well. i decided to not call penalty on myself as my ball, prior to being sent to a watery grave by the dog, was sitting just fine about 10 feet off the green, so i put a ball down about where i thought it had landed and proceeded to get my par.

At my home course there is a small pond 60 yrds in a valley, directly in front of the tee box.

my fried had literally just purchased a Callaway Biggest Big Bertha, this was some years ago, the club was $399 I believe.

He lines up his shot swings the club and the head goes flying into the center of the pond, I have never seen some one turn green so fast, I thought he was going to cry..the rest of us were crying, with laughter that is...

I think one of the funniest things I saw was at my own expense.

I was driving at a dog-leg left par 4 and my ball ended up going a little too left, right into a tree maybe 30-40 yards up. Well at my next shot, the same thing happened. At least the trees were bouncing the balls back towards the fairway I was thinking. That was when I hear the clapping and cheering coming from a house balcony full of people who had been watching my unfortuanate luck. So I decided to do the only thing I could do. A tip of the hat and a wave to the crowd.

At my home course there is a small pond 60 yrds in a valley, directly in front of the tee box.

I'll bet it had that light gray colored shaft. Callaway had a tough time in my area with those sticks. I had two of those clubs and both broke shafts. Callaway made good on it....but dang they were weak around the hosel (or where the hosel would have been).

Everyone....and I mean everyone I knew who played them was reshafting with the Graffaloy shafts.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

sooo many stories... i have to dig in my memory banks...
i was a single and got hooked up with a 2some at a crappy muni... a guy about 35 and his brother inlaw who was probably early 20's... both were just trying golf for the day and the younger one had athletic ability due to his hs baseball team experience... the older guy was really bad... i mean really bad... dinking and dunking his way around the course...
we got to a certain teebox which was right across a stream from a green going the opposite direction... ppl were on the putting green when the older guy tees off... his drive literally goes straight up in the air... wayyy up... all 3 of us watch this thing fly... i had the common sense to know the ball flight was slightly moving towards the other green so i scream "FORE!!!"... i point at the ball and ppl start ducking...
the ball lands on the green 3 inches from the hole... rolls down the slope... into the hole... it was amazing... too bad it wasnt a hole in one from the hole we were playing on... buahaha
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Playing with a buddy and a guy. This guy had been playing Army golf all day long. On the 8th tee (down hill par three), shanks one of the tee that goes out of bounds 30 yards ahead of the tree. "F-this...F-that" walks over to his cart throws his club in his bag and sits in his cart as my buddy is getting ready to hit his tee. Just before my buddy start his down swing the guy, gas his cart and says f-this I'm going to the range! My buddy ended up shanking his tee shot as well....
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

Got paired up with some very overweight hack in a tourney. Everything goes smooth til the 9th hole, where he tops his ball into a water (mud) hazard. He decides he is gonna save a stroke here ... He steps into the downslope of the hazard and hits his ball. His athletic abilities werent that good, so first his ball disappears in the mud and he follows.
The problem was, he wasnt able to get out by himself, so we literally had to drag him out of the hazard getting a nice portion of mud ourselfs....
After we finish up the hole he disappears and we think he might have left so we go to the next tee - couple of minutes later he shows up again. For the rest of the round we had to pleasure watching him play in his undershirt (at least he kept his pants on...)

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

While traveling by myself I stopped for a round of golf and was paired with a twosum. On the 5th hole a par 5 one of the players hits a nice straight drive, but about 100 yards out a duck was flying across the fairway. The two collided and the duck came almost straight down. He laid on the fairway and we thought he was dead. In a minute or two as we watched he started flopping around. Next he got up and staggered around and then finally flew off. I guess he had the wind knocked out of him. It was now back to golf, but none of knew where the ball went. We were all watching the duck and his plunge to earth. We never did find the ball.

I had a buddy show up for a round with a new set of clubs (titleist 755s). He's a good player, and he hits the ball a mile. "I love these new clubs, I absolutely kill them." First tee requires a 200-250 yd layup, he pulls 3i... hand hits it completely fat 20 yards. We snicker because he's so pissed as he tees up another. Same thing, fat and this time to the right into a pond. Amazing.

Next tee is a par 3 where you park your cart next to a pond and walk back to the tee and hit back over the pond to the green. Plays 175. He fires a bladed shot 3' off the ground which tails right into the windshield of our parked cart. It didn't break it but there was a very noticeable dent. Hilarious.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

Haha allright I got a great one...and unfortunately at my expense

so the woman and I were playing one night this summer just as it was getting dark and were finishing up on a par 3 with water in front gaurding the green.

Now I can't remember what I had done to her, but I had pulled some sort of prank on her a week or so before and she was still waiting to get me back.

Well we both hit our shots and and landed a few paces on the green from the edge of the water...mind you the green is elevated up over the water, so its about a 5 ft drop from the green to the water.

So her ball is to the right of mine and I'm away so I'm squating on the fringe next to the edge of the green where the drop off is...well she must have seen this as prime opportunity to get me back...so she started walking toward me and I just thought she was seeing what I was reading in the green...NOPE

Just as she gets to me, she sprints so I have no time to react and pushes me right over the edge and I go SPLASH!!!!

Thankfully it was summer and still hot as hell out! But all's fair in love and basketball (stolen from the movie ), so I took it. I knew I got her, and she got me back and got me back good!

Sumo 5000 UST V2 S
906F2. UST X. 13*
Sumo2 hybrid 2. X flex. 17*
X Forged. Project X 5.5:
RAC 50* Vokey 54* and 58* Cherry bomb Newport 2 35" One Black

Haha allright I got a great one...and unfortunately at my expense

HAHA thats great, good thing it was your last hole

might i ask what the heck did you do to her? LOL

Actually I was responsible for the funniest thing I ever saw on a golf course(does that count?) The first time I ever played I went to hit an iron shot in the fairway and when I looked down the ball was still there but the divot went about 20 yards! I looked over and found my friend on the ground next to the golf cart laughing uncontrollably!

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

My son interned at Incline Village Golf Course - North Lake Tahoe a few summers ago as part of his PGM program with UNLV. He was working in the Pro Shop when one of the workers called in about a problem. The worker said "A bear is wandering around the 7th fairway and the groups are getting stacked up, what do you think we should do?"

Chris replied back, "You go up tell that bear, he either needs to play faster or step aside and let the groups behind him play through." Chris said the radio went dead silent after his suggestion. Finally, after some seconds passed the reply came back.

"AAhhh, Chris we don't thing we want to do that".

After a few seconds of laughter he suggested hitting golf balls at the bear to drive him off the course and that convinced the bear to step aside.

I've seen a guy hit himself in the ankle with his own iron (don't ask me how). I've seen guys stop "short" with the cart and his partner's head rebound off the windshield followed by wearing his coffee. I had a guy drape a damp red towel around his neck while playing on a hot day only to turn his white shirt pink. I saw a guy shank an iron shot into his partner's cart (while he was sitting in it), it was like human pinball.

Lots more, but those are off the top of my head.

I was playing in a golf outing a few years back. I guy that I work with went over to some fountain grass to "water it". Next thing we know, a group of four ladies come buzzing around the corner in full view of the watering hose. Let's just say that things got messy. It is really hard to tee off when you can't stop laughing.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5491 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!