IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

I'd say Jack... he didnt have to enchance his vision through eye surgery

That is one of the oddest comments I have seen in this thread.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Jack....although, I would of said Tiger before November of '09
In my Titleist mid-size staff bag:

Driver: 909D2 9.5*
Fairway: 909F3 13*
Hybrids: 909H 17* & 21*Irons AP2 4-PW S300Wedges: Spinmilled 52.08 & 58.08Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 Balls: ProV1, TM Penta

Tiger is a boss, although Jack is a legend.

R9 Supertri 10.5*
Dymo 3 Wood 15*
Idea Pro Super Hybrid 19*
Victory Red Full Cavity Irons (4-AW)
54* Wedge Spin Milled 60* Wedge Spin Milled California Series Del Mar 34in

I like the way Tiger plays, so I must definetly vote for him.

In the Bag:
10.5° Launcher Driver (Aldila NV-65S)
15° MX-700 3-Wood (Aldila NV-65S)
20° MX-700 Hybrid (Exsar FS4 Stiff)
4-PW R9 Irons (KBS Tour Stiff)52°, 56° & 60° CG10 Wedges (DG S300) White Ice #9 Putter 34" Speedster II Cart Bag

Tiger sheer mental steel is what wins it over for me.

AP2 710's (4-P) / s400
909D X-Stiff
909F X-Stiff
909H X-Stiff
Vokey Wedges 53deg/58deg / s300 White Hot XG #1

Level playing field, same course with same equipment, I have to believe still that Tiger gets it done. Before November I would have been much more confident in that of course

Speedline 9032 9.5* Aldila Voodoo RNV6 Shaft
Exotics XCG 15* Fairway
AD Hybrids, 17* / 21* / 24* Aldila NVR
CG7 Black Pearl 6-PW, 1* Strong 2* Up
CG15 Wedges, 52-10* / 56-10* / 60-12* DSG 33.5" Rossa Monza Ghost Pro V1, Penta TP 1600 Tournament EditionHome Club: Stone Creek Golf Club,...

I think Tiger's got better competition and (until recently) consistently tears it up.

The bag:

taylormade.gifBurner 10.5

Amp 3 Wood
taylormade.gifTour Cleek
taylormade.gifRaylor

ping.gifEye 2 (3-LW) 

odyssey.gifDual Force Rossie 2

Pro V1

Bag

I would say tiger because I never saw jack pay, but if jack had the technology tiger does it might be a different story.

In my x86 stand bag-

DRIVER- Tour Burner 9.5* STIFF
3 & 5 WOOD- 980F PT 15* 19*
3-PW IRONS- 690 CB FORGED G-S-L WEDGE- CG 10 Black Pearl 52* 56* 60*BALL- ProV1 and ProV1x

I really don't think this is a very good comparison for a number of reasons. First of all, the technology and innovations that have arguably helped Tiger succeed didn't exist in Jack's day. Second, many say that the level of competition is higher now than it was when Jack played golf although I'm not totally convinced of it. Third, the book on Tiger hasn't been completely written yet although so far it's turned out to be mighty impressive. Fourth, what criteria do we use to determine who is "better"? Major wins? Total wins? Lifetime earnings? Depending on how one chooses to judge, the golfer's off course conduct might be a factor although I personally don't believe Tiger's personal life should be a measure of his worth as a golfer. If as I suspect the measure of who is better for most of us is who has more skill at the game of golf I am inclined to lean toward Nicklaus but as I said before I don't think the comparison's a very good one.
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

Personally, I think, if you were to match them up, Young Jack and Young Tiger. Jack would would destroy Tiger. Now, I am a fan of Tiger. I think he has done a lot for the game of golf, but I just feel that Jack is the man!

Can you imagine if Tiger had to play with the same equipment that Jack did, when Jack did? Tiger wouldn't be the phenom he is today without Jack. Jack didn't have access to the nutritional information. All this was being developed while Tiger was growing up.

Can you imagine if Tiger had to play with the same equipment that Jack did, when Jack did? Tiger wouldn't be the phenom he is today without Jack. Jack didn't have access to the nutritional information. All this was being developed while Tiger was growing up.

How did you come up with that answer?

Are you saying tom watson is better than tiger? Are you saying that Palmer is better than tiger? Does it matter if they played with bad clubs? They played on short courses.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...