IGNORED

Good ball for an Mid-high HCP

Iowa Hawkeye
Note: This thread is 5510 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Never heard of getting fitted for a ball, how does one go about doing this?

Bridgestone has a ball fitter application on their website. They generally take some stats and provide recommendations. Much like getting fitted for clubs. The thing about it is that stores don't generally do it, but find a demo/fitting day for ball manufacturers.

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

Pretty similar weather and terrain to Omaha. I would make the choice based on what part of your game you feel you depend on. If it is short game and you play a lot of bump and runs, the low spin choices people listed make sense, they will help with straighter tee shots, especially on windy days. I am older and for me short game is where I score, I couldn't overpower an executive course. The only other issue is I think low spin balls into elevated greens are difficult to judge distance wise. They come in so flat that you never know how much they are going to release. If you are long and usually hitting into the green with a 7 iron or less this is probably not an issue for you. Unfortunately I am usually hitting a mid or long iron.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I'd look towards very low spin balls.

By that I mean that while I sometimes can get balls to spin and bite, sometimes I can't and they just run once they hit. I don't use the same ball consistently right now, but I plan on starting to once I find one right for me.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Ok, update. I picked up a dozen HX Hot Bites and a dozen Cxr's. I'll see how they work out. The shop at my regular course carries Bridgestone, so I'll stop out there soon and see what they have to say.

5 Wood
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Ok, update. I picked up a dozen HX Hot Bites and a dozen Cxr's. I'll see how they work out. The shop at my regular course carries Bridgestone, so I'll stop out there soon and see what they have to say.

Just saw Callaway HX Hot Bites for sale at Wally Mart for $20 and HX Hot Plus for $20 also. looks like a pretty good deal, I've played the HX Hot before and it was a good ball. JMHO

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

That price on the Callaway Hot Bite just might actually make a trip to Wally-World (Clarke W. Griswold) worth it for once ...
In my Bag:

Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff shaft
3 WoodBurner 15* stiff shaft
5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

I picked them up yesterday @ walmart for 19.94 each. 10 off of golf galaxy and Internet prices.

5 Wood
52*

Just saw Callaway HX Hot Bites for sale at Wally Mart for $20 and HX Hot Plus for $20 also. looks like a pretty good deal, I've played the HX Hot before and it was a good ball. JMHO

That price on the Callaway Hot Bite just might actually make a trip to Wally-World (Clarke W. Griswold) worth it for once ...

Yeah, so for those of us in the North East, Wal-Mart HAS NOT lowered thoses prices on the Callaway balls .... I have been to 2 Wal-Marts in the last 24 hours (which is a practice I totally try to avoid) and the price is still $29.98 ...

... which is still not a BAD price, but I am not going to purchase at Wal-Mart for a difference of $5 ....
In my Bag:

Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff shaft
3 WoodBurner 15* stiff shaft
5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

Bridgestone has a ball fitter application on their website. They generally take some stats and provide recommendations. Much like getting fitted for clubs. The thing about it is that stores don't generally do it, but find a demo/fitting day for ball manufacturers.

from your earlier quote, the ball your using is the cause of your lowering HC? thats awesome.

I would have steered the OP away from ProV's due to their extreme spin. Amazing that they can craft a low spin driver ball and high spin iron ball in the same cover. How did they do that? I was using a wilson pro staff fx4 just to experience the hardest ball out there. It can be interesting at times off the tee. GOing to the PinnGold FX Long next round.

from your earlier quote, the ball your using is the cause of your lowering HC? thats awesome.

I'm not an expert, so this is just a guess, but here goes. I would think that it has to do with getting bit by the grooves. Like if its hit square it wont spin, but once the grooves and clubface grab the ball it gets the core moving.

5 Wood
52*

Note: This thread is 5510 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!