IGNORED

Which grip do you use?

Note: This thread is 2888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which Grip do You Use?

• Interlocking
    • Vardon (Overlapping)
    • Straight 10 Finger

just curious

Driver: 3DX Square 12*
3Wood: 30 dollar dicks piece of ____
Hybrids:3DX 20* and 23*
Irons:3DX Red 5-PW
Wedge:Vokey Spin Milled 56.10PutterDF-990 33 in

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i first started with a standard baseball/10 finger grip untill about 4 years back i was taught the interlocking by my father and i feel like i have so much more control and more comfortable

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

I use the overlapping grip now but I used to use the ten finger grip. I switched because when I was using the ten finger it seemed that I was gripping the club way to tight. With the overlap I relax my grip more which I think is what has helped me improve my slice with my driver. Of course it could be a mental thing as well.

Sasquatch 4950 460 Driver
19 Degree A30S Boxer FW Hybrid
X-20 4-PW
56 SW, 60 LW
Tiffany Putter NXT Extreme Ball

I've been using the interlocking grip but lately my pinky has been starting to hurt. I voted interlocking but I'm going to try overlapping and see how that works for me.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

Interlocking. Sometimes I'll use 10 finger with my driver when I'm slicing it . . . it cuts that out.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

i first started with a standard baseball/10 finger grip untill about 4 years back i was taught the interlocking by my father and i feel like i have so much more control and more comfortable

Damn, that exactly the same as me. Took me a little while to get used to the change but now that I have I would never go back.

In the Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-5
3 Wood: Ping G10
Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue TP(3)
Irons: Mizuno MX25(3-PW)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin-Milled 54 and 60Putter: Odyssey Black Series #1

When i didn't know what I was doing, I was using a baseball style grip, only because that was a sport I was comfortable playing from my youth.

When I had a quick freebie lesson, the guy taught me an overlapping grip and it worked brilliantly the first couple of times I used it, so I've kept it. However, I've never had many formal lessons, so I don't know the benefits / pitfalls of any grip.

10.5* Driver (don't really ever use it)
3w, 5w
23* hybrid
5i through PW, SW
60* Wedge.....................................................................mellojoe

I've always used overlapping; interlocking just felt weird to me. Ten-finger I didn't feel I could place my hands the same every time.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

What is overlapping?

I have an idea as it was a very popular grip in competitive softball the last few years I played but not sure it would make any sense on a golf club.

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

Started with interlocking, and kept with it. I find it's the least of my worries in my golf game.

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

What is overlapping?

10.5* Driver (don't really ever use it)
3w, 5w
23* hybrid
5i through PW, SW
60* Wedge.....................................................................mellojoe

I have small hands so the interlocking works well for me. I began with the interlocking and swithed to the overlaping and swithed back to the interlocking and playing my best golf.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I use overlap, interlocking hurts my hands when I swing, plus I feel like I ave more control with the overlap.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Interlocking on most everything.
Except on short distance flop/pitch shots (overlap) and little bump-and-run chips (overlap) and putting (modified overlap).

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Interlocking on most everything.

Almost the same as me. Interlocking for all shots other than putts and some chips, when I switch to a modified overlapping.

If I use anything but interlocking on full shots, I feel like the club is going to go flying out of my hands. Jess

Overlap. When I started playing, I tried interlocking, but my big hands & long fingers didn't like it much. I play a larger grip now, but the overlap works, so I won't change. --LBB

Bag: Bagboy NXO Revolver
Driver: Dymo STR8-FIT Tour 9.5
3w: Nike T405w: Nike T40Irons: Mizuno MP-33 3-PWSW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 56/10LW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 60/06Ball: Nike TA2/SPN

Note: This thread is 2888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!