IGNORED

How do you aim????

Note: This thread is 5524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

during todays round, my biggest problem was aiming my shots. up until this point, i would stand a few feet behing the ball and draw an imaginary line through the ball to the target. then id look for something along that line that i could aim at.. however, i discovered that 90% of the time today there wasnt anything standing out to aim at. all the grass looked exactly the same, thus nothing to aim at. i had the same problem with chipping for 2 yards off the green. all the grass looked exactly the same.

i was wondering what you guys do to aim, or what you rutine is. cuase what im doing isnt working.

In My Ozone Stand Bag:
Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff
3 Wood: Burner 15* Stiff
Hybrid: Burner 19* Stiff
Irons: Tour Burner 4-GWWedges: CG14 54.12, 58.12Putter: SabertoothBall: TP Back Rangefinder: GX-IHome Course: http://www.strawberryridgegolfcourse.com/

I usually aim for something off in the distance (like a tree or telephone pole or whatever) that is completely out of play on par 4 and 5. Those are points that are usually slightly to the right (I like to hit a soft draw) or straight away. On par 3's and approach shots I usually also look for something behind the green, but I usually want it to be closer and slightly to the left side of target (I like a fade with irons). Typically, the closer I am the closer to my target I want my aiming point. I pick these spots when I'm behind the ball before I address the ball.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

I'll step behind the ball and find something that is on the ground a couple feet in front of my ball that is in the line that I want to hit the ball to. It'll usually be a little right since I hit a slight little draw.

I just stand behind the ball, look at the green, look at which part of it I want to hit to and point the club that way. I was never good with reference lines. I have an easier time looking for a target and imagining a trajectory instead of a line. I'll only use a back reference when I can't see the flag.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I stand behind the ball and use my club to line up between the ball and target. Pick a blade of grass, discoloration etc, on the target line and close to the ball. Then without taking my eye off that blade of grass I step into the ball and take my setup. Trust my alignment (feet, hips and shoulders).
I must say that you're playing a nice track if you can't find anything to help with picking a target line. Cheers and good luck!

I do the exact same thing as PiKapp. Except we are backwards, I tend to fade Driver and draw irons.... but anyway I used to pick out something in front of me but I ran into the same problem as you ,that sometimes there is nothing in front to aim at and it tended to screw me up pretty bad having to rely on that.

I stand behind the ball and use my club to line up between the ball and target. Pick a blade of grass, discoloration etc, on the target line and close to the ball. Then without taking my eye off that blade of grass I step into the ball and take my setup. Trust my alignment (feet, hips and shoulders).

i might try that. i usually take my eye off my target to look at the ball as i steep into the shot. then when i look back at my target i cant remember what i was looking at cause all the grass looks the same. so i'll try just not looking at the ball and keep focused on the target.

thanks!

In My Ozone Stand Bag:
Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff
3 Wood: Burner 15* Stiff
Hybrid: Burner 19* Stiff
Irons: Tour Burner 4-GWWedges: CG14 54.12, 58.12Putter: SabertoothBall: TP Back Rangefinder: GX-IHome Course: http://www.strawberryridgegolfcourse.com/

Note: This thread is 5524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!