IGNORED

Some of the Wost GC Coverage I've Seen

gas_can
Note: This thread is 6998 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been watching the Tivo'd PGA merchanidse show, and it looks like municipal access television. Poor angles, horrible zooming, and it looks like it's filmed on a Hi-8 camera. Now to make things worse, genius Jerry Foltz just confused hall of fame catcher Johnny Bench with Johnny Miller . . .

They're not even showing any good products yet ahhh so frustrating!

• Administrator
I've been watching the Tivo'd PGA merchanidse show, and it looks like municipal access television. Poor angles, horrible zooming, and it looks like it's filmed on a Hi-8 camera. Now to make things worse, genius Jerry Foltz just confused hall of fame catcher Johnny Bench with Johnny Miller . . .

He confused him

several times, no less. Ugh. Jerry Clutz. And yes, very, very, very few new products. They should be hitting the Titleist booth asking when the new wedges and the 905 are going to be out. Asking where the 695s are. They should be hitting the TM booth asking how they intend to improve upon the R7 and to talk about the y-cutters. They should be asking Ping about their first real player blades, the S59s. I think if they spotted us Kelly Tilghman as the anchor, we could patch together a crew from the boards here and kick butt as coverage.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think if they spotted us Kelly Tilghman as the anchor, we could patch together a crew from the boards here and kick butt as coverage.

For all of GC's blunders with personell (i.e. Adam Barr, Jerry Foltz, etc.) they do occasionally stumble upon a real gem like Ms. Tilghman, I really think she's capable of anchoring for NBC during their PGA coverage.

• Administrator
For all of GC's blunders with personell (i.e. Adam Barr, Jerry Foltz, etc.) they do occasionally stumble upon a real gem like Ms. Tilghman, I really think she's capable of anchoring for NBC during their PGA coverage.

Adam Barr, ugh. One would thing that someone on the Golf Channel would have a better swing than that. It's as attractive as he is.

I'm not bashing the guy (though he's grating, asks silly questions, and so on) because I know it's tough to be on TV. I've produced some shows - it's not a skill 90% of the world possesses. I am, however, bashing his swing. I'll take my "club too low at the top of the backswing, bad weight shift, slight dip on the backswing" 5-handicap swing any day. How he plays to a 12 I'll never know.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think Kelly should go back to blond highlights, she looks way older with the all dark brown hair

I could only manage about 20 minutes of the show. I was pumped up before it came on but it failed miserably.

What was the deal with the putter booth. Sink 100 puts and win $5,000. Sounds cheap to me. Who would have the time or the patience and luck to sink 100 puts from 10 feet.

Driver: X460 10°
Hybrid: Heavenwood 2H
Irons: X-12 3-PW
Wedges: Vintage Forged 48° & 56°
Putter: DF 990Ball: HX Hot

• Administrator
Aserta was running that one, yeah. You had to sink five putts and you won $25 - that might be worth a try. Pretty silly.

Titleist, TaylorMade, and Ping aren't even at the show. It's been in decline for years, and the PGA is letting TGC in to hopefully boost the popularity and whatnot. Or so our man-in-the-field tells us.

Man, you weren't kidding about the coverage. I wasn't even going to watch until I saw this post. Anyone catch the Nike Booth interview? The cameraman had part of the booth half way in the shot cutting off the Nike Rep. Retards!

What's up with the "fashion show" too?

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator
Jerry "Freakin'" Foltz just talked to one of the guys for P3 Pro Swing. Towards the end of the interview, he said that the guy was part-owner of the Boston Red Sox.

Then he "made fun" of himself and mentioned how Johnny Bench (aka "Johnny Miller") was over there, and if he'd seen him or any other members of the "Big Red Machine."

Uh, clue to Foltz: Big Red Machine = Cincinnati Reds, not the Boston Red Sox. Derrrrrrrr.

I agree that this was horrible programming also... they have around 2 hours of programming and all they do is talk about stuff that doesn't even pertain to the trade show. I wanted to see booths of major OEM's.. and really.. all I saw was a few interviews with people you've never heard of.
IN MY BAG

Irons Big Bertha Fusion Irons 3-PW, SW, LW (Nippon 990 UNFX)
Driver Big Bertha Fusion FT-3 (Aldila NVS 55-R 350)
3 Wood ERC Fusion 3w - RGS (RCH Sys 55R)4/5 Wood Big Bertha Fusion 15D Fairway Wood (Aldila NVS 55-R 350)Bag 10.5" orange fusion tour bagPutter Scotty Cameron Newport...

Note: This thread is 6998 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!