IGNORED

She keeps saying "No Clubs!"

Deep Stuff
Note: This thread is 6575 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It is still a year (and 10 days) away, but my finace keeps saying my clubs have to stay home during our honeymoon.

Anybody here play Golf in Aruba? If so (because I will rent!), how are the courses? Price, playability, conditions?

I got engaged on November 19, 2005 to a lady who had bought me a Taylormade R580XD, Adams Irons a Calloway "MLB" bag, a Calloway Golf jacket (different holidays / birthdays / etc) and tells me I should "go play with the guys."

In the Bag
Driver: Taylormade R580 XD
3 & 4 Adams I-Wood 5-P: Adams A1Sa...

I was in Aruba on March 2 in 2004 (my birthday). I was on a cruise and was itching to play, but the wife clamped down and had us go Sea Kayaking instead ?!

A close friend of mine has played here before and really liked it -- windy conditions on many holes, but a good course.

http://www.tierradelsol.com/golf/greenfees.shtml

They do rent clubs.

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

my new girlfriend is learning to play golf so we can spend more time together outdoors. Did i mention she has a killer bod too? I feel like Lou Gehrig.

In The Bag:
R7 425 10.5 Fujikara ReAx stiff
3,5 Wood Aldila NV 75s
Rescue Dual 16 deg 3i hyb
R7 XD steel/stiff 52deg and 56deg TP White Hot XG 2 ballHome Course: River Crossing

My honeymoon is March 26, 2007 and my fiancee is actually encouraging golf. Maybe its cause she wants to spend all my money at the spa, I dont know. Still dont know where Im going yet though.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

How about some spring golf at Pebble Beach; they have a good spa, and I'm told the course isn't too shabby either...

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

It is still a year (and 10 days) away, but my finace keeps saying my clubs have to stay home during our honeymoon.

a word of advice: dump her while you can. This is a baaaad sign...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

...my fiancee is actually encouraging golf. Maybe its cause she wants to spend all my money at the spa, I dont know....

you shouldn't care either. All the spa sessions she'll book will be cheaper than a divorce 5 years from now, that is more than 75% likely if the spouse doesn't support your golf addiction...

My present wife let me play golf twice in Cabo for our honeymoon and she is a bona fide golf HATER. Bad sign for you. I left my first wife because she said it was golf or her (TRUE STORY I SWEAR!) Trust me it is no fun being married to someone who won't support your passion for golf.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

• Administrator

The day I was married my wife and I drove back down to Latrobe and the next day we watched the third round of the Senior PGA Championship at Laurel Valley.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Seeing I'm not married, sounds like a wife who understands the urge to golf is a must!
My Bag
Driver: Dunlop Invicta 10.5˚ (Graphite Shaft)
3&5 wood: Lancer Oversize (Graphite)
Irons: Titleist 990 (Steel)
Wedge: Ram FX 57˚(Graphite)Putter: Ram Accubar AB-2Ball: Nike Juice

Let's see......what's wrong with this picture? Your signature line talks about this wonderful woman who bought you these clubs and tells you to go play with the boys and then quite pointedly denies you a tee time over a year away. Hmmmm.

You, my friend, are dormie with no more than four years to play. A couple of things should be obvious. Neither you (nor your fiance) get to go to Aruba everyday. There should be many fun things you can do together (post back if you need suggestions here). There may be other fun things that you each may prefer to do separately. Golf might be one. Mud packs, manicures, antique shopping, shoe shopping, dress shopping, handbag shopping and shopping might be others. It would be unspeakably selfish of you (and suicidal in the extreme) if you were to take your clubs and play golf everyday of your honeymoon. It is unspeakably selfish of your fiance to expect you not to play at all. You are dormie.
A Mixed Bag

Driver 320Ti, 10.5 R, stock graphite
Ovation 3W, Aldila 65R graphite
Dunlop DDH 5W Edge CFT Hybrid 3-iron, #3 graphite CFT irons 4 - E wedge, #3 graphite Apex Edge F wedge 60 degree LW Bobby Grace M5K putter Laddie X A3

What is "dormie"
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

• Administrator
What is "dormie"

A golf term.

Look it up .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

What is "dormie"

As Erik's dictionary entry indicates, I used the term incorrectly (attempting to apply it to the hopelessly trailing competitor rather than the player in the dominant position).

My intent was to imply that our friend "Deep Stuff" was already in some very deep stuff, and his wedding is over a year away. So, the accurate reference is to refer to Ms. Fiance as "dormie." The fact remains, Deep Stuff is going to have to pull off some miracle shots in a short period of time to save this "match."
A Mixed Bag

Driver 320Ti, 10.5 R, stock graphite
Ovation 3W, Aldila 65R graphite
Dunlop DDH 5W Edge CFT Hybrid 3-iron, #3 graphite CFT irons 4 - E wedge, #3 graphite Apex Edge F wedge 60 degree LW Bobby Grace M5K putter Laddie X A3

Note: This thread is 6575 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!