IGNORED

I broke 100 for the first time on my second round this year

Soup Fan
Note: This thread is 5484 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The executive cow pasture I play at has a great deal going on right now. $20 to ride 18. Not a long course at all, but the fairways are really really really tight (lots of trees and water) and there are a ton of elevation changes, so it is not a cakewalk for the high handicapper. On my 2nd trip out this year I broke 100 for the first time ever and I am quite pleased with myself. I attribute it to the new (used) Ping putter my Dad gave me. It is an Anser 4 (like this one ) that came with a mixed set of clubs he got at Salvation Army for $25. He only bought it for the near mint Titleist tour bag, so getting a nice Ping blade was like the icing on the cake, particularly when I only have to use it 34 times for 18 holes my first time using it.

I know my scorecard looks all messed up. Top row is score, 2nd row is over/under par (I find it a lot easier to add up at the end by using +/- relative to par). The last rows are labeled.

We teed off on the back 9 first, which explains the back to back 3 putts and 4 lost balls. I was terrible off the tee and need to get to the range. My short game was pretty solid, though.

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

sure does feel good doesnt it... even now i have a few games over a hundred... but i still remember when i first broke that barrier... keep it up
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

It does feel good. Hopefully it will stop raining sometime soon and I can get a babysitter so I can play again this week.

----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

Congrats man. now is the road to breaking 90's...im on that road right now. gets frustrating shooting 91's and knowing exactly what shots u wish you could have re-done haha.

p.s. dang thats a really short course. only 4000 yds!
In my Datrek Cart Bag (soon to be replaced):

Driver: Lynx 2008 Predator Ti (10.5*, Regular Flex)
Woods: Walter Hagen AWS (3 Wood)
Hybrids: Walter Hagen MS2 Hybrids w/ graphite shafts (18*, 22*)Irons: Walter Hagen MS2 Irons w/ graphite shaftsWedges: 56* Taylor Made rac w/ steel shaft ; 52* Slazenger...

It used to be a big 9 hole but then they expanded it to a short 18. I'm telling you, though, it's not nearly as easy as it is short.

----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*

Well done! I'm glad your game is improving. I started playing in my mid-50s and after 8+ years it has improved some, but varies wildly. Last week I played twice. First on Thursday I played Tullymore in Stanwood, MI (#90 on Golf Digest Top 100 Courses) and shot 91. Played again Saturday on a nice link style course, Calderone Golf Club in Grass Lake, MI and shot 102. I guess that is golf.

I always wondered if I broke 100 since I scored 88 on a par 64 and never considered it to be truly breaking 100 because it wasn't a par 70-72. On par 70-72's I'm around 102-107 scoring. What do you guys think? Is this legitimate

DRIVER∙∙∙∙∙∙ G10 10.5°
5-WOOD∙∙∙∙ G10 18.5°
3-HYBRID∙∙ G10 21°
IRONS∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙ G10 4-PW
WEDGES∙∙∙∙ CG 14 52°, 56°, 60°PUTTER∙∙∙∙∙∙ Studio Select Newport 2BALL∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙ Nike One Black

I broke 100 with a 99 for the first time about 3 wks ago at Springfield in Fort Mill, SC. Really nice course but kinda expensive. I don't think I could wipe that smile off my face though. Next time out there i shot a 107 so hopefully consistent <100 rounds are soon to be here.

Congrats! I am still looking for my first below 100 round. Hopefully that will happen in the next few weeks. I have been practicing as much as I can expesially on my chipping/pitching/putting.

Mark

My pathetic bag that will hopefully be updated by next Spring.
5 Wood: Palm Springs
3-P Irons: Palm Springs
56deg Sand Wedge: Upswing Golf
58/10 Lob Wedge: Nike Victory Red Putter: Odyssey two ball putter srt Ball: Top Flight D2 Feel

Congrats. Even though the course was a par 64 and you shot below a 100, don't let that bring you down. It is still a great accomplishment for you and it should be treated as such. In my one year of golfing, I have broken 100 once (98) on a par 69 course and have yet to replicate it.

My goal for 2009 is to try and consistently break 100 this year, I would be happy as a clam if I could post anywhere in the 90s consistently for the year. The snow is gone and the ground is drying up around here so the courses should be open next week.

I just got back from my 3rd round this season.

1st round was a 53 (+17, 22 puts) 9 hole to kick off the season...played terrible that day. Course was 121/68.8 slope/rating and 3004 yards.

2nd round on Easter monday was an even 100 (+ 30, 42 puts), played better but was horrible on the greens. Course was 115/68.6 slope/rating and 5805 yards

Today I shot a 91 (+19, 35 puts). Played alot better and putting was below 2 per hole average. Course was 123/70 slope/rating and 5958 yards.

I'm very happy with my progress this year, I just hope I can keep it up!

So I know exactly how you feel breaking 100, and it feels GREAT!

This game is soo addictive

Congrats, and sorry the OP for the mini hijack, but I related and needed to share(toot my own horn)

:)

Driver: TM r9 Driver Motore F1 65 Stiff
Woods: TM r5 Dual 3 Fairway Wood Stiff, TM Mid Rescue 3H Regular
Irons: TM r7 Irons 4-AW Regular
Wedges: Cleveland DSG 588 56/14, Callaway X Series Jaws 58/8
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5484 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!