IGNORED

Big Break Prince Edward Island

kleinrider
Note: This thread is 5426 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Alex who?

Sorry I meant Derek. Not sure where "Alex" came from :)

"Never follow a bad shot with a stupid shot"

In my
Rapture 9.0
Rapture 3w Tight Lies A3KZG CBII irons with Rifle shafts 52 & 56 wedges White Hot 2 ball ProV

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Iowa Hawkeye was glad to see brian go. Iowa Hawkeye thinks Brian got on Iowa Hawkeye's nerves.

This guy from Iowa agrees, Iowa hates Brian.

the chick from Ireland is tarded, she doesn't sound Irish, she sounds some sort or French canandian. "like oh mu gaud, thit twas a noice golf shot" That leads me to another thing, "golf shot" wtf? no one says that was a nice baseball throw, man he really sank that basketball shot. I prefer good stroke, nice shot, I hate you die.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

That leads me to another thing, "golf shot" wtf? no one says that was a nice baseball throw, man he really sank that basketball shot. I prefer good stroke, nice shot, I hate you die.

I just want all the other folks on the bench to scream "get in the hole" every time a contestant makes a swing

the chick from Ireland is tarded, she doesn't sound Irish, she sounds some sort or French canandian. "like oh mu gaud, thit twas a noice golf shot"

Every once in a while she gets really Irish for about 3 words in her interviews. It's kinda funny.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Yeah, Brenda gets that accent especially when she says "down". Oh and I hated Brian.
In my Bag:
Driver: G10 9°
3 Wood: Burner 15°
Hybrid: HiPPO h7 Tour 21°
Irons: X-22 (3, 5-PW)Wedges: 52° X-forged, 56° SW, 60° Victory Red LWPutter: 2-Ball SRTBall: Pro V1/V1x

I'm a french canadian.. and I don't sound like that...
at least I think I don't sound like that :)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't think Gerina is all that hot. I think she is cute, but she has a bit of a "crazy eyes" thing going on.

I'm with you on that one - not sure why everyone here is fawning all over her...

I hate to say it but I will miss Brian. He was damn good entertainment if nothing else. Everyone else save for Derek seems to be a little dry.

In The Bag
SQ 5000 10.5

SQ Sumo 3 wood
MP-32 3-PWGolden Bear Gap Wedge SV Sand Wedge MP T Lob WedgeYes Golf Callie Putter

Sorry I meant Derek. Not sure where "Alex" came from :)

Don't worry about it, I was just curious.

the chick from Ireland is tarded, she doesn't sound Irish, she sounds some sort or French canandian. "like oh mu gaud, thit twas a noice golf shot"

I've been to Ireland, believe me, she sounds Irish. Her accent is actually weaker than many Irish people I talked with.

I'm with you on that one - not sure why everyone here is fawning all over her...

I would say the same about Kim.

Gerina has that "one of the guys" attitude, that's what I like.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I must be in Brian-like denial, unwilling to give up on his presence. Solution: more Brian. Here's a video from KDKA in Pittsburgh, a 5 minute on-air interview with Brian in April, previewing Big Break. Drat, a polite and subdued version, no hint of the awesome Brianisms.

He obviously had lost quite a bit of weight when PEI was filmed. The arms are noticeably larger.

http://uk.truveo.com/Behind-The-Scen.../id/2335368934

I can't seem to link directly. But it's a simple process to watch the video. Search for "Skatell" on that link, at Video Library > Top Stories. The interview with Brian is the only result, titled, "Local Man Competes on Golf Reality Show."

I double taked when I saw Brian's hair, curled behind the baseball cap. I knew it reminded me of someone. Tony Little, before he ignored the scissors completely.

I will miss Brian. There were about 3-4 times each show where I was laughing out loud at something he said.

But I'm glad Aaron made it through the elimination. I've been pulling for him from the start.

It seems to me like these players are all good, but the man can't drive the ball at all. 40% of the tee shots seem to find the woods on holes which look about as open as you can get. And why Aaron was teeing off with driver over the trees on the second hole when he has a lead is beyond me...
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

Wow, I've been out of touch with the world the past couple of weeks but was able to catch BB in Hawaii. I loved watching Brians interviews, OUTRAGEOUS and wholly entertaining. My wife couldn't stand him but I hated to see him go if for no other reason than the entertainment value as I am also much much better than most of the touring pros myself (HEHEHE). I'll miss him on the show but we still have what's her name from Ireland who may be just as outrageous.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

I looked at the Blair vs. Gerina clip on the Sneak Peek again. It must be an immunity challenge, not elimination. None of the sneak peek clips this year have featured the elimination pairing. The commercials late in the week have hinted at the elimination matchup but not this time.

The title of tomorrow night's episode is interesting. It is, "Forewarned is Forearmed." The way I read that it should be good news for Derek. Gerina and Aaron apparently made no secret they are unnerved that Derek has been piling up all the Waste Management cash. This week's producer's blog says that theme is prominent in the next episode.

That phrase Forewarned is Forearmed means the person under attack has advantage over those scheming against him, so I think Derek advances.

The current Episode 6 producer's blog includes this summation: “getting cockier by the minute” Gerina. The commercial previews indicate that overconfidence foils someone this week. So I still lean toward Gerina going, although not as confidently as last week with Brian.

If it's not Derek or Gerina, then Big Break producers have stretched things this week, IMO. "One of the best will be eliminated," combined with overconfidence as a downfall, can only align with Derek or Gerina. Eugene is very good based on his record but hasn't been portrayed as one of the top favorites in this series, nor overconfident. Aaron can't be overconfident a week after double bogey on a par 5 in elimination. Blair has been surprisingly solid, and strangely praised many times in the producer's blog ("...her talent is still scary good. Watch out for Blair! LPGA here she comes"), but hardly deemed "one of the best." She was the second pick, after Nicole, in that breakfast gimmick two shows ago. Brenda has been hanging on, and never asserted as top tier.

Well Awsi, You have studies well grasshopper. As much as I think that he is the most deserving to win, I think that Aaron will probably be the next to go or possibly Eugene but I love Brenda's comments and they are nearly as good as Brian's were although not as bragadocious. (sorry for the mis-spell but I don't know how to spell it). I'm going to go out on the limb here and call the winner..........Derek will walk away with the 100K in a final against Gerina. What say you?

Duffy,

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Well Awsi, You have studies well grasshopper. As much as I think that he is the most deserving to win, I think that Aaron will probably be the next to go or possibly Eugene but I love Brenda's comments and they are nearly as good as Brian's were although not as bragadocious. (sorry for the mis-spell but I don't know how to spell it). I'm going to go out on the limb here and call the winner..........Derek will walk away with the 100K in a final against Gerina. What say you?

I like puzzles. If they insist on providing major hints ("One of the best will be eliminated") I'll try to decipher. Golfgal's interviews are an intriguing variable in that regard. But I have zero misconception that it will ever be as blatant as last week with Brian. I hated to see him depart. Nothing else made sense. Overall I'd just as soon have a blank slate and watch the episodes from scratch.

In terms of the ultimate winner, I guess I'll be surprised if it is Aaron or Eugene. They are not participating in Golfgal's interviews. Not that she has any advance info, let me emphasize that. But I think it's very likely that a winner would make himself available, seek the week to week exposure and input by contacting Gayle. On the other hand, it wouldn't be unusual if Aaron or Eugene are the runner up. That's the way it worked in Ka'anapali, when second place Sophie did not do the interviews, and Michigan, when Camila and Hugo were noticeably absent. In fact, that aspect led to me to doubt all along that Camila and Hugo would prevail, even though they were considered the favorites. I posted the doubt on many sites. Unlike Sophie, they were not based overseas. Camila and Hugo were Florida residents. Not participating in the interviews made very little sense. I think they were crushed at coming so close only to lose the all-or-nothing finale. I think Gerina goes this week so I'll ignore her chances for now, subject to recall if I'm wrong. Brenda probably isn't good enough to survive an 18 hole match play against better players. That would leave Derek and Blair. Obviously Derek appears the choice among those two but I can't ignore the curious amount of positive reviews that the Big Break producer blogs are affording Blair. They even praised her bunker game as outstanding, or something like that. It's also somewhat odd that Derek didn't pay much attention to the early episodes. That was a weekly theme in Gayle's interviews. I don't think he saw a full one until the 3rd or 4th. A $100,000 victor seemingly would want to absorb the full experience. But at this point I'm scrambling. Derek looks half asleep in every confessional anyway. I have a feeling he won't be impressed with himself until he cracks the PGA tour.

Hi Awsi,
You could of course be absolutely correct with your picks. Who really knows? I do wish that Derek would wake up though.

Duffy,

Brenda's double chin is annoying.

MacTec 460 Draw Driver
V-Foil M565 Irons
MT 3 Wood
GigaGolf 52deg gap wedge
Wilson 55deg sand wedge MT Don White 60deg Lob wedgeknockoff 2-ball putter

Note: This thread is 5426 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!