IGNORED

Big Break Prince Edward Island

kleinrider
Note: This thread is 5426 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Commenting on the editing...since it has come up.

It seems like there are a lot of spots where you see the competitor complete their shot and go back to stand next to the other players. Then the next player stands there waiting for his cue to take his turn. It looks very awkward. Why would they bother showing this and not replay of the last shot or even a shot of the next player taking practice swings?Shitty editing if you ask me.

Slim 11
Driver: Cobra F-Speed 10.5*
3 wood: Cobra F Speed
5 wood: Cobra F Speed
Irons: Cobra 3100H/I 3-PWSW: Pixl 56*Putter: Monza Rossa MalletBall: Slazenger Raw Feel

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from PEI and played the Rodd Mill River Course. It is a great course - much better live than on TV. You really miss a lot watching it on TV. Can't see the undulations and rolling fairways nearly as well.

I played with the head pro and superintendent (Mark and Blair) - great guys! They pointed out challenge locations and provided a lot of insights into the show from their perspectives watching it live.

I also played Crowbush and Dundarave - two amazing courses, but NOT for the faint of heart ;)

Looking forward to getting back into the show and interviews this week!

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

Golf Gal,

If the show was taped last fall, who are you interviewing? The competitors can't still be there can they?

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Golf Gal,

Hi Duffy:

Sorry for the confusion. I interview the contestants by phone after each show. Yes, it was taped last Sept. Last week I was able to play the course and talk to the staff at Rodd Mill River. That will be included in an article I'm writing for InsideGolf.ca This week, we're back to phone interviews with Brenda, Blair, Gerina, Derek and Brian for my blog. Plus, a bonus interview with BB X contestant, Mike. Cheers Gayle

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

This week's episode is Gerina's turn to exit stage left, which really sucks, because she certainly didn't play her way out of the competition. When the game's down to four players, though, the end result is that someone deserving is bound to be eliminated. Derek stuck a couple of fabulous wedge shots close to the pin in the final challenge, and kudos to him for stopping the bleeding and moving on.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the bizzag...

Driver--TaylorMade Burner 9.5*
3W--TaylorMade Burner 15*
Hybrid--TaylorMade Burner Rescue 19*Irons--Maltby KE4 Tour(4-PW)Wedges--Cleveland CG14(52,56,60)Putter--Wilson CI1Ball--Nike One Platinum

This week's episode is Gerina's turn to exit stage left, which really sucks, because she certainly didn't play her way out of the competition. When the game's down to four players, though, the end result is that someone deserving is bound to be eliminated. Derek stuck a couple of fabulous wedge shots close to the pin in the final challenge, and kudos to him for stopping the bleeding and moving on.

I agree - it was so sad to see her go. But I'm convinced that Gerina will someday be like Kristy McPherson and in contention on the LPGA.

I chatted with Brenda tonight who found watching the show hard. Mike from BB X had some interesting tips on Derek's drives. Will talk to Derek in the AM and hope to connect with Gerina and Blair later in the afternoon.

Golfgal
www.golfgal-blog.com

i'd take Brian over Brenda 100 times over :) but that's just me. Brian makes me laugh histarically.

and yah i felt very poorly for Gerina ... I feel like the same thing happend to her tha happened to Aaron. She had her chances to advance in both matches and just didnt find the shots today:x

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

I think everyone seriously underestimates Blair and Brenda. Blair managed to hit a 270 yard bomb on tonights show, and Brenda has been getting the job done ever since her early elimination scares. Derek has been absolute garbage off the tee and Gerina simply couldn't take advantage of her huge driving distance gap between her and her fellow competitors.

Prediction:

1st - Blair
2nd - Brenda (my favorite)
3rd - Derek

I was pretty pissed off to see Gerina get eliminated,but I predict Brenda is going home next and Blair will take out Derek IF he keeps making horrible tee shots.

Whats in the Monaco SL cart bag
Driver: R7 limited 9.5
Woods: R7 3 st & 5 st
Irons: MP-67 4-pw
Wedges: RAC satin 52*56*60*Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball:

Golf Gal....Thanks for clearing that up. I was starting to think I was dealing with mental fatigue here. I'm going to go out on a limb here and pick Brenda. Even after saying it would be the biggest upset since Ouimet over Vardon. She seems to be able to do what she has to do to win each and every time. Seriously overlooked in the ability category.
Question....I haven't seen it but... Do the girls play from forward tees? Not knocking the girls ability but Gerina was seriously long and the men couldn't seem to catch up to her drives.
GO BRENDA!!! you little bit of Ireland you. She makes me laugh.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Its quite obvious the females are playing from the forward tees which is why Derek was standing about 80 yards behind Blair while she tee'd off first with honors. Also, why Derek was "worried" about playing Gerina.

No offense to the ladies, but it wouldn't be much of a show if they had to play from the back tees, you would very likely be left with 3 men.

As for the show: I don't think the remaining contestants care much for Blair though I cannot figure out why. They made it seem like she was celebrating too much. Derek mentioned that a fist pump pissed him off, well best of luck playing on tour and playing with Tiger on Sunday! Brenda made a comment also, get over it! Brenda balling over Gerina going home was annoying as well. Its a competition! Someone has to lose.

As for the show: I don't think the remaining contestants care much for Blair though I cannot figure out why. They made it seem like she was celebrating too much. Derek mentioned that a fist pump pissed him off, well best of luck playing on tour and playing with Tiger on Sunday! Brenda made a comment also, get over it! Brenda balling over Gerina going home was annoying as well. Its a competition! Someone has to lose.

+1. I think Blair is a threat because she has some game and more aligned with the look of the new LPGA- young, attractive, marketable.

I seriously question the competetiveness of both Derek and Brenda. Sad to beat your friends? Pissed off by a fist pump? Once the flags go up, friends don't pay the bills. I'm just a weekend hacker and been playing with the same guys for over 10 years, but you can bet your ass I want to see them reaching in their pocket at the end of the day. And they have the same plan for me. I don't ever feel bad about it either. This whole thing is a little too warm & fuzzy for me. I'm pulling for Blair now only becasue I think she's the only one that "gets" it.

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

+1. I think Blair is a threat because she has some game and more aligned with the look of the new LPGA- young, attractive, marketable.

I agree. Brenda, Derek and others underestimated Blair from the beginning and they wrote her off because of her looks. How many times did Blair beat the pants off Gerina, yet we had to hear from the likes of Derek what a great player Gerina was every show.

Now they are scared because Blair turned out to be a fierce competitor. I saw stuff like this many times when I competed. Certain players incorrectly assess another player as inferior to them and just can't take it when that person continually outshines them in the clutch.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Note: This thread is 5426 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!