IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas

Note: This thread is 2324 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I can hit a short par 4 green with a driver, :beer: . I can't hit a green with a wedge from 50 yards, :no: .

I am thinking I will be spending A LOT of time on distance wedges and pitching from now on. #GlaringWeakness :cry:

That and my putting from 5 feet and in. Missed about 4 of those the other evening. Might have been not putting in 4 days and going from 10-11 STIMP to maybe at best a 9 STIMP. I as over-reading the greens big time. Then it got in my head.

I am feeling good with my long game right now.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've been experimenting with rolling (for lack of a better word) my right shoulder and upper arm on the downswing to generate more speed to my right forearm, wrist and club head.

It worked so well yesterday that I hit through a dogleg about 40 past my average driver distance. It's a bitch to control, but my hopes are that it will help with direction as well as distance if/when I dial it in. On average, I'm likely getting an extra 10 yards but haven't measured anything with GPS yet.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2324 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo after clicking this link. For Mevo+, click this link or the image above.
    • Two pros playing, and it was safer to be in the fairway they were playing rather than a parallel fairway.
    • A GEARS-that costs as much as a well outfitted SUV-is hardly something the average people can buy. Dude-I am with EriK - your responses have been highly disappointing. Manufacturers have missed things before. They are not always chasing what is best but what they can sell. This makes sense to me and I see what your friend is saying @iacas. I think the GCQuad will shoe dynamic lie angle-right? Yes-appears so: What We Measure | Foresight Sports Precision, Not Guesswork How We Measure Foresight Sports launch monitors use a combination of infrared object tracking and high-speed...
    • I don’t believe he ever said that.  He can defend himself, but I’m pretty sure he was simply saying improvements might be made with further research in this area as technology advances. Please don’t resort to hyperbole in the absence of valid points.
    • Hmmm. Actually it would be more accurate to say the FBI has been using DNA for years, but now average people can buy the same tools and use them to solve crimes at home. Not saying don't use GEARS for any number of swing investigations. It will provide information to the average golfer they otherwise would never have access to. But the idea that all the shaft and club OEMs have completely missed the mark on the idea of lie angle is far fetched.
    • How badly did Bryson play to lose 5&3 in a 12-hole match? He lost five of nine holes.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. A Gap Wedge
      A Gap Wedge
      (18 years old)
    2. Asmanning95
      Asmanning95
      (26 years old)
    3. Brettbern
      Brettbern
      (41 years old)
    4. ethan-333
      ethan-333
      (28 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...