IGNORED

Srixon Z-Star...

Note: This thread is 5484 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I actually just saw these on sale somewhere for $36 a dozen, and the link brought me to Golfballs.com.

They have the Z-Star and Z-Star X for $39.95 but they have a 10% off coupon (aprilsale) through the end of April, which brings them down to $35.96 a dozen. You still have to pay shipping, but it is only $6. Unlike all of of the major brands (Nike, Titleist, TaylorMade, Callaway) the coupon actually works for Srixon balls.

Just thought I would throw this out there as I saw this thread going.

WITB
Driver: Ping G425 - Aldila Rogue White
3 Wood: Nike SQ Dymo 
Hybrid: TaylorMade SLDR
Irons: Ping i525 Retro Spec
Wedges: Cleveland 588 (52,56,60)
Putter: Never Compromise Gamble Limited Custom

Balls: Titleist ProV1

I just went through a very exhaustive ball test and didn't test the Z-Star or Z-Star X. I'm going to rectify that over the next few weeks and give both of them a fair shake. Based on what I'm reading here, they at least deserve a chance to earn a spot in my bag.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

I saw the Z-URC's on sale yesterday at Golf Galaxy for $24.99, I may have to pick a dozen or two at that cost.

Yup!!! I didn't buy these, because I think they will get replaced by the Z-Star(x).

Instead I purchased the tri-speed! This is a ball that I can control. I have ony been playing for about 5 months, and I noticed a huge diffrence between the tri-speed, and my Titliest DT Roll ...HUGE Difference!!!! And for the record also against my Slazenger Extreme Distance. As for spin, the tri-speed has low spin off the driver, about mid spin (compared to ProV1) off the irons. I had a mean slice that a few adjustments in my setup, and this ball I can keep it on the fairmway much more consistent. I can drive a pretty good distance, but I was breaking roof tiles (and probably car windows) from my slicing and hooking. I made the switch, and reduced that spin considerably..My first round with the tri-speed, I went 14 holes with the same ball! WOW!!!!! Iron play improved tremendously. I was sold when i hit my PW from 110 out and hit the green and rolled backwards....that had never happened to me before...it's pretty consistent now. Wed play...well what can I say....I have SW & LW that are spin milled....when the ball hits the ground it bites! I have learned to control it a little even getting it to roll in the intended direction (granted not ver consistent, as I am just learning to play). I decided to give Srizon a try bcs I heard or read somewhere that the reason Titliest is the #1 ball, is bcs people tend to play what the pro's a re playing. And the pros are playing Titliest, bcs they sponsor anyone...at any level. If I was sponsored by Titliest and didn't have to pay for these balls, I would certainly use them too!!!! Vijay's switch (supposedly for less money) made the switch (to play a better ball ) As I mentioned on the review, I'm just happy to see a frenzy about a new ball, bcs this translates to competition, which translates to better products!
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

These have gotten me interested. I'm still looking for a ball that performs and feels like the old HX-tour 56.

In my stand bag:
909D3 with 10.5 degrees of loft and a 45 inch Fujikura Rombax 6Z08, x-flex
909F3 15* with a stock Diamana Blue
FT 18* with an Aldila NV
X-forged ('07), 3-PW with Project X 6.0 CG12, 53/11, and 58* with DSG Red X2, 33"All with Lamkin Crossline Full Cord. (except the putter of...

These have gotten me interested. I'm still looking for a ball that performs and feels like the old HX-tour 56.

HX-tour 56 is a great ball

Well, after leagues last night i've come to the conclusion that i'm done with prov's until they can outmatch this ball. I've played our league course since i was 7 and on the back nine have never shot less than 40. Last night i shot 2 under. This ball is unbelievable. at the very least i know this is subjective but after playing v's for so long maybe i've become numb to spin, but this ball really opens my eyes. For those who like to, or would like to put the ball where they want it, when they want it and as close to the pin as they want it, they should give this ball a chance. If not for their confidence, at least their handicap

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Note: This thread is 5484 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!