IGNORED

New Member from NorCal

billm408
Note: This thread is 5462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi all- new to the forum and looking forward to wasting valuable work hours with you!

I used to play a lot of competetive golf and taught for almost 8 years, but now I'm just a weekend hack trying to get out more than once a month.
I have an unconditional love for the game and it's traditions and am really glad to have found this place.

Bill

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Welcome! Where do you play? I spread it around:

Chuck Corica (Alameda)
Lake Chabot
Tilden
Roddy Ranch
Lone Tree
Delta View
Boundary Oak
Diablo Hills
Blue Rock Springs
Franklin Canyon
Callipe Preserve

Less frequently at:
Monarch Bay
Metropolitain
Bridges
Hiddenbrooke
Indian Valley
Paradise Valley
Rancho Solano

Welcome to the forum!

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Thanks Fat Slice-

I'm in the South Bay and work down the street from Shoreline, so that's the usual afternoon or early am 9 option. I'm all over the place too- Cinnebar, the Ranch, Eagle Ridge, Salinas Fairways, Fort Ord, etc... I have no loyalties!

Weapons of choice:

Thanks Fat Slice-

I have a friend in Hillsborough and another in SJ so I sometimes play Eagle Ridge, Cinnabar (nice course!), Crystal Springs, and Poplar Creek.

Another friend lives in Concord but works in Monterey... His contract pays for a room at Embassy Suites, so I will head down and crash at his place, eat the free breakfast and play Laguna Seca, Rancho Canada, Poppy Hills, PG Muni, etc., then hit up the free cocktail hour! We usually play a round on the way up, sometimes at San Juan Oaks. What his contract looked like it would expire his gf was happy and I was in tears. It's back on now, so w00t!

let me know when you guys wanna get a little "sandtrap.com" round going!! there's a couple other locals on the forum too..

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

Great idea! I am a little harried now getting ready for my wedding/honeymoon in 2 weeks. I am sure when I return I'll be rarin' for golf.

Hey Guys,

I'm currently up in Davis, but my job is going to have me down in Palo Alto,

Count me in for a Sandtrap round!

In my Navy Hoofer:
Driver: Titleist 909D2 9.5* UST ProForce V2 X-stiff
3W: 904F 15* DG X100
Hybrid: X-Hybrid 3i Fujikura Banzai Stiff
Irons: MP-57 X200 3-PW

Wedges: Gauge Design Handmade 54* and 60*

Putter: SSB LKG Custom "Masters Edition"

Ball: Penta, Pro-v1x

Other: Pinseeker 1500 Tournament

If you come down this far, you should try Pacific Grove Muni. The back 9 is on the water and is lots of fun.

I used to play PG all the time... the poor man's PB. A good friend of mine used to be a caddy at Cypress and lived right near PG so we'd play there often. Then kinda moved over to Salinas Fairways after a while. Great bargain for only $30 on a weekend!

Let me know if anyone wants a Sandtrap outing.... I'm in!

Weapons of choice:

I am all for it! But I leave the area on the 22nd. I am headed to Phoenix for about a month then to Biloxi for about a year.

I love the PG Muni! I can't say I love the ice plant though....

Black Horse / Bayonet is great too. I totally love the military rate!!

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

im probably not good enough to play with you guys... but if anyone is interested to get together and play a round, count me in as well!!!

lovgoel - Do you still live in Davis? i graduated a few yrs ago but i still go up every other weekend or so. I am actually playing a round at wild horse this saturday. where do you normally play??
Driver: Callaway Octane Tour 9.5* w/ Oban Tour Prototype Stiff
3 Wood: Titleist 909F2 15.5* w/ Oban Revenge Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea A7 3H 4H
Iron: Mizuno MP-52 Project X 5.5 5-PW
Wedge: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52* 56* 60*Putter: Odyssey Black Series #1Bag: Callaway Warbird Stand Bag

trust me, at the rate my HC is skyrocketing, you'll do just fine. but anyways, I've never been much of a planner, so if someone else would like to get this started...I'm all for it!

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

Hey everyone.

Thought I would join in the NorCal chat. I'm originally from Davis, went to school down south, and am now back up in the South Bay.

Haven't gotten to explore the nearby courses too much since I just moved a few months ago, but I'm in love with Cinnabar. Also tried playing some of the cheaper options around San Jose, and played Shoreline and Eagle out in Gilroy.

Count me in for a Sand Trap round!

I have a friend in Hillsborough and another in SJ so I sometimes play Eagle Ridge, Cinnabar (nice course!), Crystal Springs, and Poplar Creek.

San Juan Oaks...man I played that course much sooner than i should have. That is one tough golf outing (at least for me) lol.

What will be in my bag by the end of the summer

[✓] Driver - Burner Draw 10.5°
[x] Woods - Sumo² 15°
[✓] Irons - S9 II 4-GW[x] Wedge - Sure-Out 56°[x] Putter - Ignite[✓] Balls - HVC Tour SF

Note: This thread is 5462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!