IGNORED

Who's got the best looking swing?

walfice
Note: This thread is 5431 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I like the simple/repeatable moves. Anthony Kim, Stuart Appleby, Boo Weekley. I also like Geoff Ogilvy's; it looks pretty effortless and repeatable, too.

Also I will add Aaron Baddeley to my list. I have mixed feelings about stack and tilt, but it is downright impressive how he holds the positions so perfectly and doesn't move his head or body at all .
Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke Donald's is pretty fluid looking.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

As has been reported earlier, this topic has been discussed in the past. Tom Purtzer was noted as having a truly great swing. I think among his peers, he was the choice for best swings.

Today, watching a little of the Senior PGA Championship, there he was... warming up on the practice range. Did not get to see a really good view of his swing, but they showed a close up of his head and shoulders, and the fluid tempo and perfect swing sure looked to still be there. Younger golfers who have not seen Purtzer swing might check out the final round of the Senior PGA Championship on the Golf Channel tomorrow (Sunday). You will see an old guy who still has a most beautiful swing. And he is still very long off the tee. You might rethink who has the best swing.

RC

As has been reported earlier, this topic has been discussed in the past. Tom Purtzer was noted as having a truly great swing. I think among his peers, he was the choice for best swings.

You are right. This subject has been discussed before. As I wrote, when the players on the PGA Tour voted for the best swings over 10 years ago, the top three were Tom Purtzer, Steve Elkington, and Payne Stewart. All possessed great rhythm, timing, and balance. Tom and the ELK can still be watched, as you said. Sadly, we can watch Payne only on old tapes, including the one he did on "Golf Etiquette", which I do own, and watch from time to time. You are giving young players good advice to watch Purtzer tomorrow on TV. He can still play this great game, and he is long off the tee (a quality he shares with Freddie Couples, aka "Boom Boom").

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Purtzer is hard to characterize... I guess perfect "economy of motion" comes pretty close. Elk is the same way. You see him swing and wonder how could a ball be struck so well with no hint where the power and precision is coming from. I've had the opportunity to practice beside Steve, and it was not the full shots that made the biggest impression. It was his short game practice, hitting little pitches and chips. You can see great players hitting shots at any PGA tournament and they are amazing. But when Elkington would hit his little 30 and 40 yard pitch shots, he was so perfectly in tempo and accuracy that it was actually like a true form of art. I would love to hit just one pitch in my life as solidly as his routine shot. He never seemed to accelerate, he never had any hint of effort -- from tight lies, bare lies, normal lies, rough lies... nothing mattered, they were all the same -- a surgeon's precision. He is one of the few to cause other golfers to stop and just watch in amazement. The years have come and gone and he is not quite the same today, but in his prime, all of you would have been impressed. I think Seve was the same way in his prime, mesmerizing. Sorry guys, it is hard to explain.

RC

Trevor Immelman
Ernie Els
Adam Scott
Anthony Kim
Tiger Woods

That's all I can think of at the moment, Trevor's, Adam's and Ernie's being my fav's.

In my Stand Bag
Driver- 905T 9.5* w/ Aldila NV Stiff
3-Wood- 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Irons 3-PW- 704 CB w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges- CG10 52* Vokey 56* Oil Can Spin Milled Vokey 60* Oil Can Spin MilledPutter- Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Ball- Prov1 (Or any nice soft...

I think Freddy's got the prettiest swing, but have always thought Nick Price had the best swing. Still do. A little quick for me, but suits his personality. There's no wasted motion, it's effecient and repeatable. I love watching that guy hit balls!

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Adam Scott has a very nice swing, very appealign to the eye, but WOW the guy is the biggest choke artist. With a swing liek that, you should win atleast some tournaments. Goes to show you the swing is not everthing, look at Jim Furyk. I bet when Jim was a junior, alot of coaches would laugh when they first saw his swing.

In my White Hoofer Vantage Bag:

Driver : R7 Draw
Woods : 3 hybrid
Irons : MP-60Wedge : 54 deg 58 degPutter : RED X 35' (in love)Ball : TP BlackBest Round: 80Closest to Hole-In-One: 0.5''

In order:

Anthony Kim
Trevor Immelman
Adam Scott

I still dont understand how AK hits the ball so far while only being 5'9" 160 lbs, amazing

Nike SQ 460 9.5 Stiff
Nike SQ 3 Wood 15* Stiff
Titleist 585H 19* DG S300
Mizuno MP33 3-PW DG S300
Bob Vokey 54.10* & 60.04*Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

In order:

and choking down on the club!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Weir without the Stack and Tilt had an awesome swing. Im glad he dropped it.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

i like the looks of the big guys' swings - Els, Vijay. Long, Smooth, flowing.

However, Sam Snead is my all-time favorite.

<<== Definitely not this guy.

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anthony Kim - one of my favorite players to watch, but his swing?
Not what I'd call 'aesthetically pleasing to the eye' - first off he has that little quarter-takeback before each swing and second, it's a very aggressive/rushed-looking swing and thirdly, it's not a swing that he's going to be able to employ year after year.

Rory McIlroy is as close to either Ernie Els or Adam Scott when it comes to 'swing perfection'....
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Jim Thorpe haha just joking

FT-5 Tour 9.5 Driver Fujikura E360 X-Stiff
14 Degree Fairway Wood Fujikura Platform
Fusion 21 Degree Hybrid Aldila NV Stiff
X-20 Irons (Uniflex Nippon Shafts)
X Tour Vintage Wedges 54 and 58 Degree Studio Design Stainless Newport 35" Diablo Golf Ball"I must learn there is a difference between...

Rory McIlroy
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Ryo Ishikawa actually has an awesome swing!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Note: This thread is 5431 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!