IGNORED

whats like a scotty cameron

Note: This thread is 5481 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

"What's like a Scotty?"

That so? Oh since his style is basically the same as Ping Anser? EVERYONE modeled a putter in their lineup after the Ping Anser style.

...just another Scotty hater?

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That so? Oh since his style is basically the same as Ping Anser? EVERYONE modeled a putter in their lineup after the Ping Anser style.

Sorry Yogi, but the truth hurts. I actually own one of his most original designs and find it to be one of the best putters I've owned. I have owned several others. He's a cloner, period and the only thing that attracts guys like you over others is that price tag and the "look at me" factor.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Sorry Yogi, but the truth hurts. I actually own one of his most original designs and find it to be one of the best putters I've owned. I have owned several others. He's a cloner, period and the only thing that attracts guys like you over others is that price tag and the "look at me" factor.

Ok what are the following putter designs "cloned" after? Kombi series Futura series SSL 2.6 SSL 2.7 SSL Fastback SSL Squareback Circa 62 No. 6 Circa 62 No. 7 Red X series Detour series Del Mar models Santa Fe models Why would I want to buy something just because of the price tag? That's idiotic. It's the QUALITY. The DESIGN. The PERFORMANCE. The PROVEN TOUR USE. The VALUE. If I wanted a "look at me factor", I'd dye my hair bright red and wear a tank top on the course. Don't be ignorant with your comments and assumptions.

---"Be the ball"---

Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

Like I was reading yesterday... they don't call him Scotty Camera for nothing.

BUT I do agree that every other company that makes putters has copied, in some form, the Anser or Newport/Newport 2 style. So it's not just Scotty Cameron.

That's probably been done because it's an incredibly popular design and it sells. The look of the putter is important but I care a lot more about how it feels and above all, how it performs. For me, my Scotty performs and feels far better than any other putter I've ever had.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

The look of the putter is important but I care a lot more about how it feels and above all, how it performs. For me, my Scotty performs and feels far better than any other putter I've ever had.

My sentiments exactly.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Don't believe all the hype about Scotty Cameron putters. These are great putters, but there are many great putters out there. My dad has a Bettinardi that is better than the SC Newport in my opinion. I have a Rife Anitigua that to me is a much better putter (and half the price). Folks that spend $300 on a putter will tell you it is the best thing since sliced bread to defend their purchase. That is just psych 101. Also in our society, we have that, "If it cost more, it is better", mindset. Which is pure BS. Do yourself a favor and roll a few putts with a Rife Antigua or Aussie. Back to psych 101 here as I endulge myself, but I can't help it. This is the best putter I have ever used and I am telling anyone that will listen. They are both very similar (nearly identical) to each other and modeled after the Anser (like the SC Newport 2). I have a SC Newport 2 that resides in the closet. It is just a putter man. My suggestion, get a Rife Antigua or Aussie and spend that extra $150 on some putting lessons. Your game will improve faster that way in my opinion. Just something to consider.

Ok what are the following putter designs "cloned" after?

to be fair, the following are NOT Scotty Cameron ORIGINAL designs:

Del Mar Series: Copied the Wilson TPA Series Studio Select 2.6: Copies the SeeMore line Red Alignment Dot and All Studio Select 2.7: Its just an Anser style with a different hosel (shaft) Sante Fe: Another Anser style copy The Futura, Red X, and Detours are the only ones I would consider ORIGINAL designs. all the others are just modified after other designs with a few changes added here and there.

Don't believe all the hype about Scotty Cameron putters. These are great putters, but there are many great putters out there. My dad has a Bettinardi that is better than the SC Newport in my opinion. I have a Rife Anitigua that to me is a much better putter (and half the price). Folks that spend $300 on a putter will tell you it is the best thing since sliced bread to defend their purchase. That is just psych 101. Also in our society, we have that, "If it cost more, it is better", mindset. Which is pure BS. Do yourself a favor and roll a few putts with a Rife Antigua or Aussie. Back to psych 101 here as I endulge myself, but I can't help it. This is the best putter I have ever used and I am telling anyone that will listen. They are both very similar (nearly identical) to each other and modeled after the Anser (like the SC Newport 2). I have a SC Newport 2 that resides in the closet. It is just a putter man. My suggestion, get a Rife Antigua or Aussie and spend that extra $150 on some putting lessons. Your game will improve faster that way in my opinion. Just something to consider.

Want to get rid of that SC Newport 2? I'll give to typical market value for any run-of-the-mill putter.

---"Be the ball"---

to be fair, the following are NOT Scotty Cameron ORIGINAL designs:

True. After all, every car made copies Henry Ford's design, right?

The truth is EVERYONE models their putters after some original design. Why call Scotty Cameron a copy-cat when ALL manufacturers have similar designs. What about irons, drivers, and wedges? People like Scotty Cameron, or they try to make fun of those who game his putters and give absolutely ignorant reasons why.

---"Be the ball"---

Want to get rid of that SC Newport 2? I'll give to typical market value for any run-of-the-mill putter.

I will be keeping it. Getting ready to send it in to Scotty Cameron custom shop for a pro platinum finish and a custom paint job. The main reason I quit using it was the elastomer around the teryllium insert had a slight buckle and the black finish wore off in certain spots predisposing it to rust. I grew tired of wiping it with an oil rag all the time. She will be awesome with the pro platinum finish and new teryllium insert. Plan on giving it to a family member as a gift.

My suggestion, get a Rife Antigua or Aussie and spend that extra $150 on some putting lessons. Your game will improve faster that way in my opinion. Just something to consider.

He has an 11 handicap. I think his putting would be solid.

---"Be the ball"---

True. After all, every car made copies Henry Ford's design, right?

i agree. and to be honest, i would rather putt with a Scotty Cameron Newport rather than a Ping Anser. but i cant putt with Anser style putters to save my life (too much offset for my eye)

He has an 11 handicap. I think his putting would be solid.

Back to psych 101. Perhaps this is transference. What I am really saying is I need $150 worth of putting lessons. Ha ha ha..

Looks pretty similar in design to the CRAZ-e

-Landon

Looks pretty similar in design to the CRAZ-e

Get your wording correct then. Being similar is NOT being a copy-cat. Similar is being "like" something. EVERY manufacturer creates similar putters. How about you attack Bettinardi and 350 Milled too?

Oh wait...this is just typical Scotty Cameron bashing that everyone knows about. The Kombi might look "similar" but it's not a copy. It's a higher quality and more customizeable options. Better styling. Better retention of value.

---"Be the ball"---

The Kombi might look "similar" but it's not a copy. It's a higher quality and more customizeable options. Better styling. Better retention of value.

That's exactly why I bought a Scotty Circa 62 No.6 instead of a Ping Karsten Series B60. The materials and craftsmanship are just better.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

That's exactly why I bought a Scotty Circa 62 No.6 instead of a Ping Karsten Series B60. The materials and craftsmanship are just better.

Amen!!

---"Be the ball"---

Evidently you didn't read one of my previous posts. Just tired of Scotty honkers talking like he's god when he's not doing anything special, but charging out the ass for what other people have been doing before him. This ain't worth arguing over, opinions and a$$h0les, you know?

-Landon

Note: This thread is 5481 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!