IGNORED

Good news on my home course!!!!!!!!!!

Note: This thread is 5610 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, after a year of worrying about my course closing and it running all the way up to the deadline, a group out of Florida is going to take over the course. They have officially signed the contracts and it is supposed to come out in the papers next week! It was scheduled to close this week but now it will remain open. This is great news for me because the course is beautiful and right down the road from my house.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

good news, i wonder how much it cost to run a golf course as far as labor and everything is concerned every week.

im sure the "head pro" guy gets a good bit i may be wrong but you often times wonder if some of these greens fees are a bit much on some courses.

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

good news, i wonder how much it cost to run a golf course as far as labor and everything is concerned every week.

I think the greens fees here are too high. The head pro makes around 50-60k probably. I think the budget over the past few years has been 300k/year.

Bryan A

where in Tennessee is this course?

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

People forget Golf Course (other than munis) are businesses. Businesses are in business to make money. They lay out or borrow big bucks for the land, designer, builders, materials, equipment, and maintenance of course, buildings and equipment. They need to make a good return or you would be playing in cow pastures or mowing the course yourself before you played.

People forget Golf Course (other than munis) are businesses. Businesses are in business to make money. They lay out or borrow big bucks for the land, designer, builders, materials, equipment, and maintenance of course, buildings and equipment. They need to make a good return or you would be playing in cow pastures or mowing the course yourself before you played.

You also have to have a good management system that knows how to run the course. There are many things they could have done to make money and lower the rates. It was total bad management on their part. They hired everyone and their brother on the maintenance crew. We would see them just riding around all of the time doing nothing. Stuff like that is where the lost their money.

Bryan A

You also have to have a good management system that knows how to run the course. There are many things they could have done to make money and lower the rates. It was total bad management on their part. They hired everyone and their brother on the maintenance crew. We would see them just riding around all of the time doing nothing. Stuff like that is where the lost their money.

where in TN is this?

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

where in TN is this?

Sorry man...It is in Henderson, TN. It's a small town in Western TN. It used to be a course on the Bear Trace Golf Trail designed by Jack Nicklaus but the name will now change. At one time it was named one of the top 10 courses you can play by Golf Magazine.

Bryan A

Great news.

What management company? I might be able to give you some insight as to some of their other courses down here.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Great news.

I'm not sure on this just yet. I will try and find out as soon as I can. That would be great!! I am curious to see the management differences.

Bryan A

I do know that it is an Orlando based group...just not sure on a specific name yet.

Bryan A

Here is what I know so far, the guy's name is Ed Bignon of Golf Development Services Inc., of Orlando, Fla. I did some research and this is what I found:

Based in Orlando, Fla., Golf Development Services, Inc. is headed by Ed Bignon, president. Bignon was the Director of Golf for the Kentucky State Department of Parks system. After leaving the Kentucky system, he met legendary golfer Arnold Palmer in 1978, and in 1984 they formed the Arnold Palmer Golf Management Company, completing 22 projects within six years.

Bignon formed GDSI in 1991, and shortly thereafter he became president of Sam Snead Enterprises, Inc. In addition to these ventures, Bignon is also a broadcaster for PGA Tour Radio, of which GDSI is responsible for all its national golf advertising.

According to information provided by the company, GDSI not only takes on management of existing courses and facilities, but also is involved with planning and construction of new courses. They provide comprehensive, hands-on management and consultation for public, municipal, daily fee, semi-private, private, and resort facilities.

Among the courses developed and/or managed under Bignon’s direction are some of the most well-known facilities in the world including Bay Hill Club and Lodge in Orlando, Fla.

Other courses developed by GDSI include Turtle Bay Country Club on the north shore of the Island of Oahu, Hawaii; and Pinehurst Plantation, Pinehurst, N.C.; as well as Sanctuary Cove in Queensland, Australia; and Cape Kidnappers in Hawks’s Bay, New Zealand.

I hope he turns this course into the course that it should be. I would really like to see some tournaments out here!!

Bryan A

Note: This thread is 5610 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!