IGNORED

Pro Swing Similarities

wannabe
Note: This thread is 5481 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Saw other threads about imitating pros to build a new swing from the ground up, but this is different.

Have you ever been working your own swing and thought to yourself, "hey, I think my swing is kinda like _______."

Today on the range, I felt like my swing was just like Zach Johnson's. Maybe it is or maybe it isn't, but it gave me a great mental picture and swing thought. Puts it all together.

I even started imitating his "ground the club, make a line in the turf" waggle before swinging, and it gave me a great trigger for starting the swing. Fun! I think (hope) this is gonna be real helpful on the course, that is if my playing partners don't notice it and rib me. :P

Anybody else noticed this/do similar with their swings?

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i personally had never thought of my swing as being like anyone's (though for a good while i'd tried to model mine after sam snead's), but i went to a local pro about half a year ago who said he thought my swing bore a lot of similarities to stuart appleby's.

Had a guy on the driving range the other day say I had a Chi Chi swing . . . I am guessing that is a bad thing?

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

i think that the majority of todays pros have such similar looking swings (with a few exceptions of course) that its a little boring. i miss the old days when everyones swing looked different (Chi Chi, Arnie, Trevino)

• Administrator
i think that the majority of todays pros have such similar looking swings (with a few exceptions of course) that its a little boring. i miss the old days when everyones swing looked different (Chi Chi, Arnie, Trevino)

Ditto. That used to be the one reason (just about) that I'd watch the Senior PGA Tour (as it was called). Now that it's mostly a bunch of same-type-swingers like the PGA Tour, I don't watch it anymore.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5481 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!