IGNORED

"Instinct Putting" by Eric Alpenfels

iacas
Note: This thread is 5277 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been working on this a while — and have had good results with long putts — but I feel kinda weird when playing with old-school putting guys.

I strayed away from it last round, with dismal results. Glad to hear there's a book to work on specific skills, that I can use to help develop it more.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

Found a nice "fringe" benefit today. Ha ha..

I was doing some long distance putts from the fringe. A small practice green so I wanted the longest putt. It was about 50 feet. I used a conventional putting approach (looking at the ball), and my distance control was drastically improved. I had used the "IP" style the last three times on the practice putting green. Now I switch back to the normal method, and I have improved my distance control significantly. I tried this after reading in the book that many use "IP" as a practice technique to improve distance control, but they continue using their orthodox putting styles. It works. So whether you switch over entirely to IP or just use it as a training aid to develop distance control, it is definitely worth a try.

I've tried it, just screwing around on the practice green......

Impossible, I think?

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

• 4 months later...
I'm a new golfer and, since I don't have a lot of history I'm very open to exploring IP. I've started the drills but don't understand the "Spot Me" drill, which involves hitting at several tees placed behind a hole from various distances, slightly spreading the tees at greater distances to make a bigger target. This is supposed to give practice hitting to a target, but I don't understand what the hole has to do with it. What is the object of the drill.

Robert

• 3 weeks later...
Just over at Amazon and see the "Instinct Putting" book is $6.81!! For the price of a magazine? Sweet. I have not played as much as I like this summer, but between the Rife Antigua and this book, I am now putting well at least. Better than I ever have before by a large margin. I now expect to 2 putt on most all greens and I am making some 6-10 footers that I rarely made in the past. Six months ago I would 3 putt 3-4 times per round. That is progress any way you cut it. Easily have dropped 3-4 strokes per round and I have played less golf in the last 4 months than ever. Working out of state lately, spent most of Sept in Alaska and vacations elsewhere. Now it is time to work on the rest of the game. Hey, I can shoot one mean game of putt putt if nothing else. Ha ha...

http://www.amazon.com/Instinct-Putti...8284547&sr;=8-1

Note: This thread is 5277 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!