IGNORED

Best Game Improvement Irons for cheap

Note:Β This thread is 5391 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

TaylorMade RAC OS2 Irons, I believe they were orginally offered in 2005, they are really excellent clubs, nice feel, good forgivness. They are getting harder to find new, but if you can locate a set you can usually get them for a sweet price.

Great clubs if you're looking to just get the ball up in the air and dead straight regardless of how bad of contact you make with it

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

How about the Wilson Ci7? Wilson Staff Ci7 irons earned top honors from GOLF Magazine's prestigious ClubTest 2008 winning "Best for Look," "Best for Feel" and a five-star rating.

I currently play Wilson Ci7 and the original Wilson Fat Shafts before that.

Ebay has new Ci7 iron sets going for any where from $225 to $285 when I looked in the completed listings sales just now

In my BagBoy Griplok bag
Driver: Diablo 9 degree stiff graphite
3 Wood: Diablo 15 degree stiff graphite
Hybrid: Hb5 3 stiff graphite
Irons:Β FG Tour V2Β stiff steelΒ  S W: Harmonized 55 degree

Putter: Odyssey Teron

Ball: E6

GPS: UPro

How about the Wilson Ci7? Wilson Staff Ci7 irons earned top honors from GOLF Magazine's prestigious ClubTest 2008 winning "Best for Look," "Best for Feel" and a five-star rating.

if i were going to buy a new set of irons that is what i would get: The Wilson Staff Ci7's. AWESOME looking irons

I had the OS2's and they can be worked a little. Great clubs and I would recommend them to anyone getting started.

Great clubs if you're looking to just get the ball up in the air and dead straight regardless of how bad of contact you make with it

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...
I'm resurrecting this thread because it's got some topics in it that are exactly what I'm looking to get answered. I'm new to the game and looking to pick up a set of irons, probably GI or SGI, for about $200-$300. Going on the Bay with the recommendations in this thread, I'm finding that the Wilson CI7's are going for about $250 brand new whereas the OS2's are going for about that used.

I'd like to stay under $300 for a set of irons and preferably closer to $200 but would be willing to go to $300 for a good used set that is a good deal. Between the two I mentioned, which would be a better deal for a GI set of irons? What else is in my price range for used GI/SGI clubs in that price range?

Sorry I can't comment on the Wison Irons, the thing that sets the OS2's apart from a lot of other cast GI irons is their feel. There isn't that harsh imapct feel you can get with a lot of cast irons. Well I'm not going to say it's as sweet as the feel of a forged iron, it is marketably better than most cast club heads. That is the primary reason they are still extremely popular 4 years after their initial release.

Driver: Callaway FT-9 I-MIX -Aldila VooDoo XVS7
Wood: Callaway FT Tour #3 - Fujikura Fit-On E370 X-Flex
Hybrid: TM Rescue Mid #3 - Project X Flighted 6.5
Irons: Mizuno MP52 (3-PW) - Project X Flighted 6.5
Wedges: Muria 54* & 60* - Rifle SpinnerPutter: Scotty Cameron Red X2Ball: Pro V1

Wilson staff Di9's are about $269 on ebay. Golf digest silver rating for 2009. Also Ben Hogan BH-5 iron's go for about $150-160. A friend has those and really likes them.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

lol I have a set of TM rac os2's in steel stiff if anyone is interested. They are very good game improvment clubs. And they will not send shockwaves up the shaft to break your hands off...

9.5ΒΊ TaylorMade R9 TP VooDoo XNV6 | TaylorMade R9 TP 13ΒΊ 3W & 19ΒΊ 5W Both with Fujikura Motore F1 85 | Mizuno MP-57 DG X-100 (3-PW) | Titleist Vokey 52ΒΊ, 56ΒΊ, 60ΒΊ | 34'' Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 | The Cardinal Club [73.9/135]

Callaway x-14's.. oldies but goodies

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

Anyone fan's of the Ping G10's or I3 OS? Are these both GI or are only the G10's? I see them going used on the Bay for decent prices.

I also see the Mizuno MX-950 going for decent used prices on Ebay, and this set comes with two hybrids which seems an advantage over the others mentioned.

Anyone fan's of the Ping G10's or I3 OS? Are these both GI or are only the G10's? I see them going used on the Bay for decent prices.

the g10's will be more forgiving. Mizuno is a well known company and the 950's are well regarded. The most important thing is to go out and hit a bunch of clubs.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

I bought a set of '06 Big Bertha's 3-PW from 3ballsgolf for $220. They're obviously used but rated at Very Good Condition. I've read some good reviews about these clubs and that they're Ultra Game Improvement (I think that comes from Maltby's Playability Factor) so I'm hoping I can get several years out of them and get my handicap way down.

How do the Mx25's rate next to the Cobra SS oversized?? Pretty similar or not?

Im very interested in the 25's!

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:
Β 

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

Looking on ebay, they are about 400 bucks for the mx 200's??

To the OP, ive got some King Cobra SS irons, and they are really nice, you can get those pretty cheap too I imagine.

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:
Β 

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

Note:Β This thread is 5391 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!