IGNORED

Terrible thread response

Norm3333
Note: This thread is 5460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recently, I finished reading a response to a thread here at thesandtrap that caused me to think, "What the f%#$ is this guy thinking?"

Anyone have any examples of really stupid responses that caused you to ask, "What the f%#$ is this guy thinking?"

Driver: Nike Covert Driver

Irons: Mizuno JPX-825 Pro 5-GW 

Cleveland Mashie 1, 2, 3, & 4 hybrids

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4 Black Nickel 54* & 58*

Putter: Wack-e with super stroke grip

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X

Care to add some context? Posting an opinion you disagree with is not the same as a WTF response.
Then again... some threads should be derailed. YMMV.

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Recently, I finished reading a response to a thread here at thesandtrap that caused me to think, "What the f%#$ is this guy thinking?"

Heres a thread that Id say has to be one of the dumbest all-time threads here on TST:

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24162

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Heres a thread that Id say has to be one of the dumbest all-time threads here on TST:

lol

there are a few out there. The threads i hate is where people dont help out and just give crap answers or tell people to just do a search

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

Well, in the case of telling someone to do a search, when the same topic comes up over and over and over; its kind of silly for someone to ask the same old question when they could just do a search and get their answer much more quickly.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Care to add some context? Posting an opinion you disagree with is not the same as a WTF response.

On one hand, posting XKCD is always awesome. On the other hand, since this is BB code, you couldn't post the ALT text with it

Yeah, but someone on that thread had his own opinion on the matter, and so I wanted to see what he thought, and someone on that thread, and ... and ... and five hours later!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

care to add some context? Posting an opinion you disagree with is not the same as a wtf response.

seriously wtf are you thinking!?!?!?!

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

In a more serious vein, yes, I have read posts, internet pages, and even Golf Digest articles that seemed to me to be completely the opposite of what I want to do with my swing. But there are many ways to get to impact, and as long as your impact position has the elements so well described by Hogan -- then you will hit it pretty well. (not claiming I can get to that position every time, but that is always what I want to do.) Some of the things I've read would not allow me to ever get there.

RC

Well, in the case of telling someone to do a search, when the same topic comes up over and over and over; its kind of silly for someone to ask the same old question when they could just do a search and get their answer much more quickly.

I only have 20 something posts on the forum and have done this twice. Posted a thread then did a search and found out I am an idiot. Then tried to delete my thread out of embarrassment but cannot figure out how or if I can. Sorry in advance for all past and/or future unresearched threads.
Driver: R9 460
3 Wood: Big Bertha Diablo 3D
Hybrid: Rapture 24
Irons: X-22's 4-AW
Wedges: X Forged 58/10Putter: Black Series Tour Design #2 (Righty)Balls: Pro V1x Penta TP

On here it would have to be the threads where someone wants an opinion on equipment and everyone chimes in saying 'mine is the best'

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

I only have 20 something posts on the forum and have done this twice. Posted a thread then did a search and found out I am an idiot. Then tried to delete my thread out of embarrassment but cannot figure out how or if I can.

While I'm all in favor of doing some research before posting a thread, I do think it's amusing the degree to which some people try to slap down people who don't do so. It's not like a few extra threads cost anything non-negligible. I figure, if you want to post a "please search" next time, you owe a real answer (either an original one or a link to a specific relevant search result) along with the n00b educational message. After all, the only thing worse than a bunch of redundant question threads is a bunch of redundant question threads that all end with "learn how to search, n00b!"

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

• Administrator
I figure, if you want to post a "please search" next time, you owe a real answer (either an original one or a link to a specific relevant search result) along with the n00b educational message.

Right, let's shift the responsibility and workload to the responsible people. Keep doing that and the people that didn't do a basic search never will. They'll just wait for someone to post the thread and then they'll click on over.

No thanks.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

With that being said, being helpful (and giving them their information, or a link) is a better way of not running off new people who aren't as Internet savvy. Everyone was a nOOb at some point.
What's In My Stand Bag...
Driver: R9 TP 9.5*
3W: R9 15*
Hybrid: Rescue Dual TP 2H 16*
Irons 3-P: MP-62Wedges: Vokey 52* & 58*Putter: 34" Newport StudioBall: Pro V1x

With that being said, being helpful (and giving them their information, or a link) is a better way of not running off new people who aren't as Internet savvy. Everyone was a nOOb at some point.

Excellent point.

What really gets me is that when someone does post a thread that can be researched are the people who go out of their way to reply to it with a "I can't believe this is being discussed again." Why did they even bother to take the time to reply. Why not just ignore the thread? One of the advantages of belonging to a forum like is to be able to ask seemingly stupid questions that you would not ask someone in person. I have learned so much about golf and firearms by belonging to forums. While most people are intent on being helpful there are many people who use forums to prove how smart they are and be obnoxious to others.

Glock 17

Exactly! Most of the time, it's easier to search than it is to take the time to post a thread, wait for replies, and come back. I don't buy the argument that giving an answer will somehow encourage that laziness -- I think it's ignorance more than anything. If you don't want to take the time to get involved, then ignore the thread. The rude/exasperated and unhelpful responses just discourage n00bs.

Also, a thread without an answer or link to an answer is far worse than a redundant thread -- it pollutes future searches with unhelpful results.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

On here it would have to be the threads where someone wants an opinion on equipment and everyone chimes in saying 'mine is the best'

That may well be if they have not tried out any other clubs apart from theirs.

What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Note: This thread is 5460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!