IGNORED

what is a good cheap scotty cameron?

Note: This thread is 5262 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

what is a good scotty cameron putter that isnt too expensive.. like around 150-200$
oh and what is the best vokey wedge?
thanks

What I Play:
Titleist 910 D3 9.5* Diamana 'ahina X-stiff  | Titleist 909f2 13.5* x-stiff | Taylormade Rescue 19* steel shaft stiff |
Titleist ZB 3-PW S300 | Titleist BV SM 52-08 58-12  | 34" Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | Penta TP

what is a good scotty cameron putter that isnt too expensive.. like around 150-200$

Answer to your first question, they're all expensive.

At that price point, you'll probably have to go the used route. eBay and the cameron collector are your best best (golfwrx might be a possibility as well). Once in a while, one will show up in the Marketplace on this site but they go pretty fast. Be careful with eBay as there are quite a few fakes floating around. Second question, best Vokey wedge is the one that best suits your game and eyes (various finishes).

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No offense, but why would you want to buy any Cameron or Vokey just because someone else says it's good? Not every club is right for every golfer. There may be one specific Cameron model that works best for you. If you buy some other model because someone else says it's good and you can get it cheap, you're wasting your money IMO. You need to decide which model YOU like and then try to find a good deal for it.
Just my 2¢

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

No offense, but why would you want to buy any Cameron or Vokey just because someone else says it's good? ¢

Good point. I have a Scotty (in my closet). They are just putters man. Don't believe the hype. Just putters. Nice ones of course, but there are many "nice" putters. I recently got a Rife Antigua and it is hands down the best putter I have ever seen. Try one out and see what you think. 40% of Champions Tour players can't be wrong. So many putters made today. Get out and try as many as you can until you find the one that is right for you. It may very well not be a Scotty.

cheap Scotty Cameron is an oxymoron...

Exactly. The only time when "cheap" and "Scotty Cameron" belong in the same sentence is when the sentence is something like, "Scotty Cameron putters are not cheap."

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

agree ebay the putteman circa 62 got mine today great feel better then my detour and way better then any odyssey or tm putter in my opinion but some people cant stand them

agree ebay the putteman circa 62 got mine today great feel better then my detour and way better then any odyssey or tm putter in my opinion but some people cant stand them

The only gripe I have about them is that they have a a "o" for an alignment aid which isn't much. Main reason why I went with the cheaper Anser 2.

« Keith »

agree the O for the alignment aid takes awhile to get used to. It makes the put almost all feel I still might rather have the traditional line but as far as feel and distance control it's perfect

You can pick up a used Studio Design for pretty cheap these days.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

:taylormade: R9 9.5d with Fujikura Motore 65 Stiff
ss-07 13deg 3 wood Graphite Design Purple Ice 85-S
Md-17 1i/4w UST V2 Tour Hybrid X
A3 Pro 20 Tour Prototype Mitsubishi Javln X
MP 57 4,5,6 Project X 6.5 MP 67 7,8,9 Project X 6.5 Vokey 200 series 48d Project X satin 6.5/ Vokey 09SMTC 54.11...

• 9 months later...
i have 2 im trying to get rid of, im getting my studio design 1.5 back from golf works so it would be back to the condition of 10/10 with a new orange grip and im throwing in a translucent orange paint fill. I also have a pro platinum mid sur that has nicks, picked it up from golf galaxy used for 70, and i was able to remove most nicks, the S.D. probably looking for 175-200 and the P.P. 100, i can do any paint fills in any if interested, any colors your heart desired.

Good point. I have a Scotty (in my closet). They are just putters man. Don't believe the hype. Just putters. Nice ones of course, but there are many "nice" putters. I recently got a Rife Antigua and it is hands down the best putter I have ever seen. Try one out and see what you think. 40% of Champions Tour players can't be wrong. So many putters made today. Get out and try as many as you can until you find the one that is right for you. It may very well not be a Scotty.

I like the Antigua - well, at least the first time when it was called the Scotty Cameron Newport Mil-Spec

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

I would strongly caution folks interested in a good deal on a Scotty to really beware of the fakes, as some have cautioned about already.

I've seen fakes being sold via the internet on multiple sites. When a new "Scotty" is going for $180, it doesn't take a genious to know that it's not legit.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

I like the Antigua - well, at least the first time when it was called the Scotty Cameron Newport Mil-Spec

Funny, I preferred when it was the Ping Anser.

Driver: Hi Bore XLS Monster 9.5º Fujikura Gold Fit-On Stiff

3 wood: Hi Bore XLS 15º Fujikura Gold Fit-On Stiff

Irons: i10 3 - PW Dynamic Gold S300Wedges: Vokey 200 Series - 50º, 54º, 58ºPutter: Abaco 33"Ball: AD333

The pro platinums and studio design models come reasonably cheap these days.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Note: This thread is 5262 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!