IGNORED

So, your brother is away for a week, and has his new irons delivered to your door..

ApocG10
Note: This thread is 5459 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Would you use your brothers new clubs before he did?

• Use em. Blood is thicker than Irons.
    • Would never use someone elses stuff.
    • I want to, but I know my brother can kick my ass.
    • Just want to see the results...

i would be pissed those are his beautys for the next 5 years or so, and if i were him i would savor the first shot with each of them

What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

I only played nine holes with them. The beauty of all this, My dad and I called my brother from the golf course to let him know we liked the new clubs. He laughed, called me a ****er, and told me to clean them when im done.

I guess I can understand the sentiment here, but my brother and I are far closer than most brothers out there. We really are best friends, and nothing is sacred with us. And our dad is pretty much our other brother. Were a very close family, like I said, my brother is welcome to anything of mine except my fiance and my handguns. (he doesnt have a handgun license, and he couldn't handle my girl anyway, lol )

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

I wouldnt use them. For one its a matter of respect. Unless he gave you the OK to try them out, its not cool to use them.
I know that if it were me and someone used my brand new clubs without my permissions, Id be pretty mad about it.
The other factor to consider is what if you hit a rock with them or somehow ding the clubface of his new irons? I know if it were me and I did that, Id feel pretty bad about it.
For so many reasons, its a really, really bad idea to use your brother's new irons.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I only played nine holes with them. The beauty of all this, My dad and I called my brother from the golf course to let him know we liked the new clubs. He laughed, called me a ****er, and told me to clean them when im done.

i think you did the right thing. glad you didnt listen to all of the naysayers

The other factor to consider is what if you hit a rock with them or somehow ding the clubface of his new irons? I know if it were me and I did that, Id feel pretty bad about it.

What if I hit a rock with them?

I go to the pro shop, order an identical club, and say, 'hey, Jeff, I messed up your 8 iron, you'll have a new one in a week' Oh, and I shot a 44 over 9 holes, quite a good game for me, so the golf gods were not that angry with me. The clubs are fine. I prefer my g10's, but probably because im used to them. Like I said, he didnt care, and I imagine we'll play together this weekend at least once.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

I'm sure you won't mind when he says "I only spent 4 minutes with your fiance (wife), then I sent her home" and then you say..."Well at least you should have let her use the shower....****er!"

No problem, right? Using brand new clubs that were not your's and you had to peel the plastic off to play em....dude that's sick.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

That would be a typical response from a first born child... They feel entitled.

Are you the first born ??
I already know my answer, i've got a tee time at 2pm :) If it was a friend, I wouldnt touch them, but its my little brother, I think its only fair that I try them first! lol.

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First born, yes.

Entitled, No.... 5 years of university and running 2 businesses, i'd say its fair for me to say I worked for everything im 'entitled' to.

I guess my brother and I arent delusional enough to let something so trivial make us angry. And if I hadnt used em, our father would have. He used mine instead.

I started this thread for fun, I really couldn't believe something so simple is taken so seriously. You guys care 1000x more than my brother does, and their HIS IRONS.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

LOL

Dude, sounds like everyone wanted to kick your ass . . . my best friend and I do shit like that all the time. He scratched my truck so I would quit worrying about the first scratch. I drug his first set of clubs out of his truck and was whacking away when he went inside for a drink. He came out, shook his head, and said I tainted them with bad mojo.

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

And our dad is pretty much our other brother.

What a ridiculous thing to say. A father is supposed to be a FATHER. Even though YOU don't care about what others say, the fact that you were prepared to use these clubs speaks volumes about you. I am not surprised that you think it's funny that other people think you did the wrong thing. Problem is, the problem lies with you. What an A grade jerk.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

What a ridiculous thing to say. A father is supposed to be a FATHER.

No, our father was supposed to act like a father when we were growing up and needed guidance. Now the three of us (I have a sister) are grown, own our own homes, and are looking towards starting our own families. My father will always be my father first and foremost, but nowadays were friends, equals.

I suppose my brother is a Grade A jerk for taking my motorcycle without my 'permission' when im away? Or my dad, when I come home and my truck dissapeared for a week with his camper, and his car is sitting in my yard? Some of us realize material things are just that, Material things. We know that whats important is being there for each other when it matters. I drove his truck before him too, but that was because I picked it up and brought it to where he works for him. Anyway, I dont understand why you guys are mad, when even my brother isn't.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Anyway, I dont understand why you guys are mad, when even my brother isn't.

Because you made a decision for someone else and expect people reading this forum to be amused by your selfishness and immaturity. I have no problem with a joke, but why post your plan on the forum when you actually knew that it was a slack thing that you were going to do? Just because you're bound to find some others who think it's funny doesn't make it OK. They are his clubs, not yours. The fact that he doesn't mind isn't the point. He should have had the chance to have his say.

There are worse things in the world - but you can't say you don't understand why people find your actions offensive. You are the one who made the OP.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I totally understand. My little brother and I are pretty close. We have 5 sisters, so we have to fend for ourselves. Golf is our thing. I would have proably used his also, but it would depend on if it really mattered to him. I don't think you are jerk like everyone is accusing. Every family is different.

But the real question is what type of Titleist clubs were they AP2s AP1s or someting else?

In My Bag:
Driver: 907D2 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 13*
5 Wood: 906F2 18*
Irons: : MP-32: 3-PWWedges: : Vokey 54.10 and 60.4Putter: Circa 62 Charcoal Mist Model #6

AP1's stiff steel shafts, beautiful clubs.

I guess I see the sentiment. And like i said in my first post, if it was just a close friend, I never would have touched them, but were brothers, and I guarantee, 100%, he'd have done the same thing.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

• Administrator
You don't touch someone else's clubs, certainly not when they're new. And you likely knew that before you posted.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

id at least ask him first lol

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

Note: This thread is 5459 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!