IGNORED

My Swing and driver Distances

Note: This thread is 5457 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Also as far as your distances go, they aren't really accurate at all.

I gotta say for the 1000th time that until you are on flat ground, with no wind, and a laser, you do not know how far you truly hit the ball.

For example at my home course we have a par 5 that is 495 yards with steep dogleg right. I mean like a 90-110 degree angle shift.

I can go straight over the trees and damn near reach the green. According to the score card that is a 495 yard drive because the hole is 495 yards long.........

According to common sense I cut the angle and made it a 275 yard drive.

The simple fact is that those yardage markers go straight down the fairway. They follow it left and they follow it right. Straight down the middle.

If you have a hole that you hit straight down a flat fairway with no wind or other aids, then you have an accurate drive.

If you cut the slightest corner you can add 10, 30, 50, 100 yards or more to your drive.

Nice swings and you definitely have some talent and I have no doubt you can smoke a ball. But that doesn't mean any of those went 310.

Certified G.O.L.F. Machine Addict

Ok well I'm in school now but who cares lol. Thank you all for your good reports, and you too RocketSauce.

1- I do not have that much roll on my ball. My distances using a gps on a course that I played just a little while ago were averaging 270 yards.

2- Thanks for the positive comments on my swing.

3- I'll try and get a gps, but as for now I've shot the distances with a bushnell laser range finder and they are no more than 5 yards off at a time. Even if they are 10 yards off, its still about 270-300 yards.

4- I did this mostly for the swings. My third ball did go right ;) but it came back. That was the ball that I first went to in the cart that went right: in front of the tree. As for the distances, I did that for you RocketSauce ;)

5- I'm going to try and get the gps for you guys and then come back with my distances. But, as I've heard, who really cares how far I hit the ball? Thank you all for your posts, and you RocketSauce for your good sportsmanship.

~RHPM

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

yeah man, you seem like a really nice kid. its refreshing actually cuz some of the younger kids on forums these days are friggin PUNKS. and im sure you can hit the ball 300 yards on occassion. hell, ive hit a couple that far so far this year, and im sure you do it more than i do. especially with those hard fairways and rock hard balls you use. im just saying its HARD to AVERAGE 290 yards, but i know some can and do. and i know you retracted your initial statement and now say you probably average 270, and i find that MUCH more believable. ESPECIALLY after seeing those fairways at your course.
thank you for being cool about this. its refreshing for a change. just get out there and PRACTICE YOUR SHORT GAME MAN! you need to start making some eagles! lol. if you can reach the par 5's in 2 strokes, you need to start dropping a few of those!

Ha that is true. The punks and the eagles. Yea well I don't think my putting is that bad- I average about 28-32 putts per round but I know it could definitely be better.

Taylormade RAC 58º

Ha that is true. The punks and the eagles. Yea well I don't think my putting is that bad- I average about 28-32 putts per round but I know it could definitely be better.

hell, id take 28 putts per round any day. ive averaged 32.4 putts per round this year so far.

I just want to add that you handled all of this stuff very well. I am surprised that it didn't turn into a internet "Mine is bigger" contest. I am a member on many forums and I very rarely see anyone admit they were wrong and retract their statement. Good video and keep hitting them long!!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thank you sir. I don't really like to get in fights with people. Its pointless really. And I will not keep hitting them long.

I will keep hitting them longer.

~RHPM

Taylormade RAC 58º

Thank you sir. I don't really like to get in fights with people. Its pointless really. And I will not keep hitting them long.

For now

By the time you get to my age....the distance will drop

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

yea, but not too much I hope

Taylormade RAC 58º

For now

by the time he is our age (Im 40), i bet the driver improvements will be much better than they already are and he'll probably be hitting them even longer! maybe they'll bring back the .860 COR rule or something, haha

I'd reply....But I'm too young to know what you are talking about

Taylormade RAC 58º

I'm glad you posted this. Now if we could just get a 20 handicapper to do the same thing. It doesn't surprise me at all though. A lot of younger guys especially ones that don't care where they end up will swing HARD at the ball.

I have seen a decent amount of people now from getting paired up that I think some people really only like the driving aspect of golf and are only out there to see how hard they can hit there driver 14 times. They will hit 300 yard shot that finds the fairway, duff 6 shots and pick up their ball before they get on the green. I've seen it.

Note: This thread is 5457 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!