IGNORED

Walmart Golf Balls

Note: This thread is 5455 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am looking to switch back to Callaway balls this year and was at walmart the other day and I noticed that they carry Callaway balls. However I noticed they dont have the normal names of the callaway balls. they had names like CX3. I was just wondering if hese balls are of the same quality as the normal big berthas, hx hots and other callaway balls or does callaway just package up there junk balls sell them at a cheaper price at walmart. Thanks for the input ahead of time.

It could be that they are real similar to one of the brands you mentioned but packaged under a different name. I don't know the whole line of Callaway balls but it could also be just some obscure line that no one else carries. Wal-Mart likes to have 'exclusive' items so they could have worked out a deal with Callaway so they are the only retailer to carry the CX3. Could be any of those three options, or even something else.

On a personal note, I looked at the ball selection at my local Wal-Mart this past week and they had the Callaway Big Bertha's, Warbirds, HX Hot, and Tour i. I don't remember seeing a CX3, but then again I didn't look that hard. If you want a certain Callaway brand ask a manager at the store. If it is in the warehouse, they would probably bring it in for you.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

You get what you paid for.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

If you are in the market for some new balls that won't break the bank, give the Precept Laddie X a try. Long off the tee and soft on the irons. Great ball. They are $19.99 for TWO dozen on Amazon. I think Edwin Watts or The Golf Warehouse have them for the same price on their website. Awesome balls for $10/dozen.

http://www.amazon.com/Precept-Laddie...3602285&sr;=8-1

I believe that I read on another site, that the CX3 are repackaged top-flight strata's.

Driver:  the search continues
Fairway Wood:  Ping G25 3W Tour stiff
Hybrid:  Snake Eyes Q4U 19*, 23*
Irons:  Ping G25 5-UW w/CFS X-flex  (on order)
Wedges:  685BX black 56*      Putter:  Wilson Staff 8882 

I bought ten boxes of warbirds at walmart for 10$ a box!!! Great deal for great balls.

No, they arent ProV1's or Taylor Made TP reds, but im not a 4 handicap either. They do everything I need them to do, and seem fairly long off the tee. They dont spin and stop on the green as well as i'd like. But thats more me than the ball.

I still have a sleeve less from my first box, after about 7 rounds with them, so I think I have balls for most of the summer. Plus I have ProV1's, TP Reds, and Nike Ones, to see if they make a difference on the holes im usually strong on.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

They sell the Hot Bites and Tours at my local walmarts. Also Titleist NXTs and DTs, but no Pro Vs. You're getting the same product, its just that walmart doesn't carry as much of the premium stuff. I may be lucky to have one that carries decent caliber balls, though.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Walmart also does that with Titleist. They carry HP Tour, HP Distance, etc. Never seen those anywhere else. They used to carry Precept U Tri Tour (which is a GREAT ball, IMO) but recently stopped. I bought about 10 boxes when they were on clearance.

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

The special Walmart brand balls are made by 12 year old girls in Chinese sweatshops.

In the Bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher Ultralight XL 270

FW: Taylor Made 300 17 degree 
3-PW: Mizuno MX-23

AW: Mizuno TP-T11 52/07 (Bent to 50)
SW: Mizuno TP-T11 56/10

LW: Mizuno TP-T11 60/05

Putter: Original Ping Zing

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour

My walmart is the same way. I'm not sure which Callaway compares with which.

I can say this....I tried a free sleeve of HX Hot Plus balls on my last two rounds.

I really liked the play of this ball. I picked up a dozen of them...two weeks ago.....dying to play 'em next chance I get to tee it up....having to take a couple weeks off the game due to work and family schedules.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

They used to carry Precept U Tri Tour (which is a GREAT ball, IMO) but recently stopped. I bought about 10 boxes when they were on clearance.

Same here. I was at Wal-Mart today and saw they had U-Tri Tours marked down to $11 a dozen.

I bought 2 boxes.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Note: This thread is 5455 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!