IGNORED

Golfing too much?

Note: This thread is 5437 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How much is too much golf? Is there ever too much golf? I think I might have come close today.

Had a tee time this morning at 9:30 am. Stayed at the course (2 rounds of golf and on the range in between) until 6:30 pm. Ah 9 and a half hours of golf. I have a sunburn like nobody's business.

Oh good news. I got a totally different swing yesterday. My teacher had me narrow my stance, step 4 inches back, bend my knees more, reach out toward the ball a bit more, and turn in the hips more because my head moves up and down too much. I shot a 79. With 36 putts. That says my iron game was great ;)

I love golf. But I think I'm going to take a break for a little while haha.

Any of you play golf for an extensive amount of time? I wanna see how many crazy people are out there like me.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Not sure what too much golf is. I play 2-3 times a week, weather depending. Golf lessons on Thursday afternoon, driving range with the girls golf team 1-2 days a week. Before the girls show up for practice, and sometimes after, I usually hit a bucket of balls.

I guess I am doing golf stuff 5-6 times a week. Is that too much?

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

Well no. I play golf every day. Like at least 1 hour of either golfing on the course or hitting buckets of balls on the range. But I'm talking about too much in one day ;)

Taylormade RAC 58º

Im in 10th grade and I golf everday atleast 18 holes with a large bucket of balls.
Sometimes i need to take a 2-3 day break though because you definatly dont want to overplay and get sick of golf. thats what my swing coach says anyways.

My Bag:

Driver: TITLEIST 907 D2 10.5 degree
Wood: COBRA F-Speed 15 degree
Hybrid: TAYLORMADE burner 19 degreeIrons: TITLEIST 4-GW AP2 6.0 rifle shaftsWedges: TITLEIST Oil Can 56 degreeTITLEIST Spin Milled 60 degreePutter: TITLEIST Scotty Cameron JAT prototype

Oh you sound a lot like me. I'm going into 10th grade right now.

Taylormade RAC 58º

*checks bank account*

uh oh...

Yes. Yes you can play too much golf

In the Ogio stand bag

909 D2 w/ VooDoo S
15.5* 906F4 w/ Aldila VS Proto 80S
3DX DC 3 HybridFP 4-GW56* and 60* Vokey SM wedgeSophia putter

I play about 4-6 days per week weather permitting. I also like to get in about and hour on the range and an hour on the putting green a day or two a week. Longest day for me on the course is probably 7 hours.

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 9*
3 Wood: cleveland.gif Launcher 13* 5 Wood: cleveland.gif Launcher 19*
Irons: cleveland.gif CG1 Black Pearl 3-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gif CG12 Black Pearl 52 & 58 Degree     Putter: cameron.gif California Coronado
http://twitter.com/BFlynn23

*checks bank account*

Ha. I heard that one. My parents just started to make me pay for my own golf stuff because I had a summer job last summer, and I didn't realize how much it sucks to play golf (wallet-wise). My wallet gets thinner but my iron shots just keep getting fatter....

Taylormade RAC 58º

I play about 4-6 days per week weather permitting. I also like to get in about and hour on the range and an hour on the putting green a day or two a week. Longest day for me on the course is probably 7 hours.

Your up there.

Taylormade RAC 58º

I played six days per week last Summer. Sometimes 27 or 36 holes a day. lol.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I played six days per week last Summer. Sometimes 27 or 36 holes a day. lol.

Yea It wasn't a good idea to stay out there for 9 hours today. I have a crazy sunburn. Plus, I just took my temperature and its 99.7º F. Damn you viruses.

Taylormade RAC 58º

How much is too much golf? Is there ever too much golf? I think I might have come close today.

in the week i practice after i get home from work about 4 till 6:30 eat dinner then practice more play at least 18 a day on weekend then practice for about another 5 hours.

in the week i practice after i get home from work about 4 till 6:30 eat dinner then practice more play at least 18 a day on weekend then practice for about another 5 hours.

Oo impressive. your handicap shows

Taylormade RAC 58º

i am 8th grade i play 3 times a week during school and at least 5 large buckets a week in the summer i will play 18 or 36 every day

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

Jeez, you guys are out there a lot.
I thought my 2 days a week for the last 4 years, and about 2 hours of range time per week was a lot.

But you can only get so much time in with my schedule and distance from the course. And no license...
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

When we were 15 or 16 years old it was not uncommon for my best friend and I to go out and play 30 holes of golf. We would get there right at 2 pm and pay a twilight rate (about $12 at the time) and play until past sunset. I remember looking for my ball with a flashlight. When we were done there wouldn't be a single car left in the parking lot. Oh, and we walked the whole way. THAT makes for a long day of golf.

Now I'm a college grad with a career, but that is not a bad thing so far. In January I moved down here to Alabama for my job, living about 2 minutes from a golf course. I bought a membership that gets me unlimited greens fees for $700/year. Since I don't have much going on down here besides work (no family, not much of a social circle yet), I basically get to play everyday. I'm not going out for 30 holes at a time anymore, but I usually play at least 9 everyday. Is it too much? Sometimes I wonder when I'm getting really frustrated. But my costs are fixed due to the membership, I'm out getting fresh air and exercise, and I'm occasionally meeting new people. So no, I don't think it's too much.

When it starts getting in the way of other things you should be doing (either due to time or money), then it's too much.

Tim

• Administrator
The summer before my senior year I averaged over 27 holes of golf for every day of summer - that includes days when it rained all day or days my course had a tournament and was closed. I'd get dropped off at sunrise, picked up at sunset, and if I wasn't playing I was hitting balls or putting for quarters or Cokes.

Everyone has their limits. Get to know yours. Don't burn out.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5437 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!