IGNORED

Political Question

TheNatural
Note: This thread is 5464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which side do you lean to?

• Democrat
    • GOP
    • Independent

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted for the GOP but I do not mean this GOP. There really isn't much difference right now. But the left and our administration scare me to death and seem to be opposed to American prosperty and real solutions.

Brian

I don't think this poll has enough options.

I went for "Independent" even though that's not accurate. I'm a member of a political party, but it's not either of the two listed.

C9 VFT Ti
C9 5w
P2 Hybrid 3
P2 Deep Cavity 4-PW
SGS 52, 56 Putter

Ive been an independant since ive been able to vote. I voted for Obama in november and thats the only time ive ever not voted third party. Now that independants are more numorous these days, voters like me have more options. None of them ever win, but its my choice.

But if you are from jersey..vote chris daggett in novemeber..lol.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I've always been a pretty conservative person politically, but am finding as I get older that I do have some opinions that are more liberal. I still consider my self republic, but honestly I hate party politics. I would just like people to vote for what is in the best interest for the greatest number of people. I honestly believe that when most people get into politics this is exactly what they plan to do - not that everyone agrees with their idea, but at least they 'want' to do what they believe is the best interest - but the pressure of the parties, special interest groups and their own greed (for money and/or power) lead all politicians to become crooks.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

Not so much NY. At the very least, the Libertarian and Green parties are fairly large nationwide. The Libs have over 200 people in elected office.

I would like an option for "other" :)

C9 VFT Ti
C9 5w
P2 Hybrid 3
P2 Deep Cavity 4-PW
SGS 52, 56 Putter

I don't think this poll has enough options.

I agree. At the very least it need a "None of the Above" option.

I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I'm registered GOP, but I voted for - and am reasonably comfortable with - Obama, given the circumstances. I've never voted GOP in a presidential election (I was too young in 2000, but would have voted for Bush then. I sat out 2004 and voted for Obama in 2008), and the extreme social conservatives in the party scare me far more than Obama's alleged economic priorities. In fact, I voted for Obama in November primarily because I view him as the more fiscally conservative of the two.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm registered GOP, but I voted for - and am reasonably comfortable with - Obama, given the circumstances. I've never voted GOP in a presidential election (I was too young in 2000, but would have voted for Bush then. I sat out 2004 and voted for Obama in 2008), and the extreme social conservatives in the party scare me far more than Obama's alleged economic priorities. In fact, I voted for Obama in November primarily because I view him as the more fiscally conservative of the two.

Hmmm.....Do you still feel that way. Not saying McCain is any better, but there is nothing fiscally responsible about Obama.

Brian

I am not a registered voter as I am only 17, but I am pretty well informed when it comes to politics (one of my few interests outside of sports) and the issues around the country. I have always tended to lean left when it comes to politics, but I wouldn't completely rule out voting or supporting an independent or GOP candidate if I liked what the brought to the table.

I would have voted for Barack Obama, no doubt about it. I agree with him on pretty much every issue that is raised. Even though I was young, in 2004 I agreed with Kerry on most issues oppose to Bush, but Kerry wasn't my favorite politician.

I read Barack Obama's Audacity of Hope. Thought it was a pretty good book, and began to really like his politics and personality early last Summer.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I disagree with Obama on many, many issues. I did not vote for him (I voted for Paul). But I'm very happy he won and think he is a very good President.

I think the single most important quality in a leader is good judgment , not agreement with my political views. And Obama is a very intelligent guy who has consistently displayed good judgment.

C9 VFT Ti
C9 5w
P2 Hybrid 3
P2 Deep Cavity 4-PW
SGS 52, 56 Putter

I disagree with Obama on many, many issues. I did not vote for him (I voted for Paul). But I'm very happy he won and think he is a very good President.

I think that's probably how many many Americans feel about Obama. It seems the more people I talk to they seem to disagree with his policies or him on issues but they find him to be very personable and a likeable leader. Similar to Reagan I assume.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

I think that's probably how many many Americans feel about Obama. It seems the more people I talk to they seem to disagree with his policies or him on issues but they find him to be very personable and a likeable leader. Similar to Reagan I assume.

I wouldnt go so far as to say that.. this will be my only post here, as im only 17, but i never would have voted obama..both him and his vice are fairly anti gun (at least the vice is) they put down America in alot of their speeches, He doesnt cover his heart when the pledge is spoken. From my perspective, i have never seen kids at school wearing shirts with the face of say reagen on them, but tons (and not to be "politically incorrect here" but most of them were teachers and black people.) this was also the only inaguration that we were forced to watch ata school, (of course the big joke was when he came on tv one kid in my class said, "oh boy, ive never seen someone get shot before" he got thrown out pretty quick lol

I would vote right if i could, as im not so sure i want to be in the Marines with him as pres :/ (alot of the recruiters tell me that as well haha"

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

Obama does often put his hand over his heart when he says the pledge. And he doesn't put down America - he's honest about its faults and the things it has done wrong in the past. You can't make things better if you don't admit fault.

C9 VFT Ti
C9 5w
P2 Hybrid 3
P2 Deep Cavity 4-PW
SGS 52, 56 Putter

A. I can see how you can disagree with his Gun/Weapon views. I agree with him on that policy, but I can respect your view on that for sure.
B. He's honest an upfront in his speeches about America. Thats why he "puts us down" or seems that way.
C. I wore an "Obama 08" shirt to school on the day of the election. And I'm white. But, yeah, I know what you mean. All black people seem to love him because of his race - not policies.
D. What's wrong with being in the Marines at the time of Obama as President as oppose to Bush or anyone else? That I don't understand at all.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

So far to the right Rush Limbaugh needs a telescope to find me.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

just a curiosty, what % of people here and their political side, no fighting please

Hmmm.....Do you still feel that way. Not saying McCain is any better, but there is nothing fiscally responsible about Obama.

In keeping with OP's request, I'll leave it at "yes, I still feel that way."

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!