IGNORED

What I Enjoy about Golf

leftcoastsrt04
Note: This thread is 5415 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Couple of things I enjoy about golf. Please add your own.

1. Cleaning my clubs: There are few things in life that I truly enjoy cleaning, one are my guns and the other are my clubs.

2. Losing a good ball: Only to find an even better ball in my search.
Driver: R9 460
3 Wood: Big Bertha Diablo 3D
Hybrid: Rapture 24
Irons: X-22's 4-AW
Wedges: X Forged 58/10Putter: Black Series Tour Design #2 (Righty)Balls: Pro V1x Penta TP

I enjoy just getting out and unwinding from a days work.

boxcar

Great Divider cart bag
Orlimar Fury II QB 10.5* driver
Wilson Fatshaft 3 metal 15*
Wilson Fatshaft 5 metal 18*
Wilson Fatshaft 7 metal 21*Fastrax 5 26* HybridPing G2 6-PWPing 52*,56* & 60* i series wedgesPing G2i Craz-e 33" hozel putterSrixon Z-urs ball

I think everyone will have this one...

Love that feeling of the perfect shot just carrying off into the distance. Makes you feel like a super human, especially if you've grown up playing other sports where huge distances are measured in feet and not yards.

A little more specific, but probably also shared by many others, walking down the first tee extremely early (6:30 am) with dew covering everything and the mowers keeping one hole ahead of you. Everything is bright green and there is the feeling that its going to get really hot that day, but not for a few more hours.

My first golf outings ever were with my father and uncle at this early time during vacations in Minnesota lake country. Getting up to play was tough, and still felt groggy right up to the point that I hit that first tee shot and started the round. The quickest tranistion from feeling grumpy and tired to just complete anticipation of the next great 4 hours of my life.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-9 10* Stock Stiff Fujikura
3Wood - X 3W Stock Stiff Callaway Graphite Shaft
Hybrids - X Hybrids 21*, 24*, 27* uniflex steel shaft
Irons - X-22 irons 6-PW uniflex steel shaftWedges - X Forged Chrome Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60*Putter - White Hot XG #9Ball - Tour ix or TP...

Teaching my grandchildren to play...and seeing them progress!

John Hanley
Sugar Land, TX
Driver: Pinemeadow ZR-1 460cc 10.5 degree; senior flex graphite shaft;
6-PW: ProStaff Oversize; graphite (about 13 years old);
Adams Tight Lies fairway woods.

Cleveland CG14 56° sand wedge

Zebra 395gm Mallet putter

I love the summer air early in the morning knowing you are the only person on the Golf Course.

Awesome feeling.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I enjoy watching my ball go down the middle of the fairway.
It does not happen much but thats what makes it even more enjoyable.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

There is nothing better than watching your 7 iron shot land just a few feet from the hole on an island par 3.

I also love the etiquette and precision that is involved with the game.

And for sure, I love the remoteness that goes hand in hand. When I am on the course, nothing matters but the hole I am playing. It's like all my worries are on hold until I get back.

Getting better........

What's in my Cart bag:

983k 10.5* driver, Reg flex graphite 904f 15* fairway wood, Reg flex Graphite Cobra SSI Irons 3-PWTA900 52* wedgeTA588 56* wedgeSeemore FGP2 custom putter w/ a Winn urban camo gripGolf Pride Tour Wrap gripsHome Courses:Horseshoe Bay: Ramrock, ...

Couple of things I enjoy about golf. Please add your own.

I agree. I love all my golf maintenance whether it is regripping, polishing, or cleaning.

It's nice to see people still like guns too, instead of listening to the left wing propaganda that is put out about guns.

Getting better........

What's in my Cart bag:

983k 10.5* driver, Reg flex graphite 904f 15* fairway wood, Reg flex Graphite Cobra SSI Irons 3-PWTA900 52* wedgeTA588 56* wedgeSeemore FGP2 custom putter w/ a Winn urban camo gripGolf Pride Tour Wrap gripsHome Courses:Horseshoe Bay: Ramrock, ...

Leaving the cell phone in the car!

In my stand bag:
9* G10 driver
904F 15* 3 wood
3-PW MP-52 irons
Burner Rescue 19* HybridSpalding 60* lob wedge Tiffany 34"Leupold GX-I rangefinderTitleist Pro V1 ball

1) playing golf with my 14 year old son & my 8 year old daughter
2) Playing golf with my buddies
3) making a birdie putt after practicing putting a couple of hours the last few days in preparation for the round
4) improving and scoring low
5) being out doors and playing a golf course
6) shooting under par
7) playing 18 holes focused without any boogies
8) working on the short game and getting up and down 100% of the time to save par, making birdies and eagles

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Playing with my brother and my friends. It's a couple of hours that we don't worry about all of the stresses in life and just get to have good, clean fun.

But that pured 5 iron to eight feet sure runs a close second......

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Where to start? I mean really, what's not to like....

I like the feel of golf things. I like the feel of a new glove, a regripped club, soft fairway grass cushioning my walk, sweet spot hits, fluffy sand shots, and especially making the ball go where I aimed. Golf is indeed a game of feel and there is so much nice to feel.

I love the ride to the course. I look around at everyone else on the road and I smile to myself that no matter where they are heading at that moment, I've got them all beat. I'm going golfing. I smile at them and they wonder what I'm so happy about so early in the morning. If only they knew. Eat your hearts out.

I like the anticipation of that first swing. We golfers delude ourselves into thinking that today is the day we put it all together. We've ironed out the kinks that sabotaged our last round and we can't wait to test our new swing keys. The drives will be straight, the irons flush, and the putts true. And we will continue to believe this until reality smacks us right smack in the face sometimes as soon as the first tee shot that snap hooks out of bounds or leaks way right into the woods. But again, who cares? The next hole will be different. Its just a momentary set back until we hit that career shot that will bring us back again and again.

I just love the sport in its entirety. The history, the traditions etc.

Nothing feels better than a chip in or 10' + putt dropping. I enjoy the weather, even if its raining I enjoy playing (my best score was in the rain) I love the sound of a perfect iron shot.

Getting up at 5:30 on the course by 6 the weather is nice no one is out greens are nice and soft. mmm coffee

I also love having a nice cigar, and a good beer but no course around here have any good beer. I think there should be a Guiness vending machine every 2 holes, by law.

golf/fishing/hunting are really my away time from everything. No phone, no laptop, no worries.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

I enjoy slightly overcast days on the course when no one else is out there other than my playing partner(s). I love hitting approach shots to elevated greens, then walking up and getting the surprise of the ball being in tap in range. I love hitting well executed pitch shots that hit exactly where I am aiming and the anticipation of watching them try to get in the hole. I love the feel of a perfectly struck long iron that hits the green and bites on the spot or rolls out about a foot. I love making any non-straight long putt (I love making ANY putt but those look so cool). I love shooting in the 70's (can't wait for the 60's)

Golf is a vechicle i use in order to compete, its pure sport to me. I dont really get into the whole gentile culture of golf. And just like any sport, you play and practice in order to get better, so that you can compete on higher levels. I enjoy the practice and trial and error of trying to get better just as much as I like to play.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Here's the short list.

1. The smell of fresh cut grass.
2. The comraderie of friends.
3. The sound the ball makes when it rattles in the bottom of the cup.
4. A long iron knocked stiff.
5. Putting for eagle.
6. Rituals.
7. Collecting at the end of the round instead of paying.

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Sooooo many things I could list here...and I'll will list a few of them, but for me, it comes down to what drew me to the sport in the first place.

Number 1 (and by a longshot): Executing the shot exactly how you drew it up in your head. That perfect cut shot around the tree that finds the green. The 100-yard punch under the tree limbs that rolls up to 5 feet. Hitting a chip shot to a down-sloping green where you hit into a hill to kill the momentum and letting it trickle down the hill to tap in.

There is nothing better than executing it how you envisioned.

I love that everyone pulls for you most of the time. If they are good people, I don't care if you have $100 on the hole...you make a great shot, you'll hear them say "congrats", or "good shot" or whatever. It's as if everyone realizes that while we are playing together maybe as competitors, we're all trying to tame this course.

The suspense of when your ball is tracking the pin in the air and you're muttering "be right, c'mon baby, be right", and the elation that comes afterwards when it is.

I love that Golf is not age-biased. I can go play golf with my buddies and have a blast and compete with each other or I can go with my grandfather the next day and have the same fun and compete against him the same way. It isn't like I can get gramps out to play a pick-up game of basketball.

I'm an extremely competitive person and golf is a constant challenge. I strive to be better and I've got no end in sight.
Driver: 10.5 Adams Speedline 9032LS with VooDoo XNV6 X-stiff
Fairway Woods: G15 4wood with Serrano 75 X-stiff
Irons: Ping i15 3-PW w/ AWT Shafts
Wedges: Spin Milled Oil Can Vokey 50deg/54deg/58deg
Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza SpiderBall: Taylormade PentaBest Score 2010 Season: 75Home...

1. Any progress milestone (this past weekend I got my first par on an 18 hole course)

2. Trying something new and unusual, and having it work out just fine.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5415 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!