IGNORED

What do you wear under climate shirts?

Note: This thread is 5444 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So...I wear white cotton short sleeve t shirts under polo type shirts.

I have a few of these climate shirts that advertise that they wick away perspiration. But of course my white cotton t shirt gets damp with perspiration under those shirts. But I am so used to wearing t shirts that these slinky type material climate shirts feel strange by themselves.

So what is the deal? Is the correct thing to do to wear these climate shirts alone, or is there another type shirt to wear under them? Is that what the under armour shirts are about?

Help me out.

Thanks,

Tim

907D2 driver and 906D4 3 wood
Idea Pro Gold 3 4 5 hybrids
Apex Plus 6 7 8 9 E irons
900 52 gap 56 sand 60 lob wedges
Rossa Suzuka Putter

body-fit white t-shirt under my performance polo

In my TerraFirma X Bag
360 Ti 10.5° Driver
FT-i Squareway 15.0° 3w
04 Big Bertha 19.0° 5w
04 Big Bertha 4-9, PW, GW +1/2" Irons Vokey Spin-Milled 56°10° SW C02 Milled 35" Putter Contour Shoes and SofJoy GlovesA mix of NXT and Laddie Xtreme balls

I just wear them by themselves. Keeps me the coolest this way and feels great on the course.

Driver: 975D 9.5
3 Wood: 975F 14.5
2 Hybrid: 909H 19
Irons: 3-PW VR Split Cavity
Wedges: VR 52/10 & 56/10Putter: White Hot Tour #1Ball: ONE Platinum/Tour

If you want to be fancy, get an Under Armor Heat Gear sleeveless shirt.

Wearing cotton underneath a synthetic wicking polo completely defeats the purpose of the synthetic polo. You're actually better off wearing a cotton polo over that cotton shirt because the cotton outer layer will breathe better and get less static buildup than a synthetic polo.

Or just wear the synthetic polo against the skin.

My ideal combo is a close-fitting sleeveless synthetic undershirt under a cotton outer shirt. Best of both worlds - wicking/damp comfort against the skin and breathability and looks on the outside.

C9 VFT Ti
C9 5w
P2 Hybrid 3
P2 Deep Cavity 4-PW
SGS 52, 56 Putter

I just wear them by themselves. Keeps me the coolest this way and feels great on the course.

Agreed. They advertise that they wick away moisture, and they do, but it helps if they're in direct contact with your sweaty torso

Wearing a performance type shirt (dri-fit, climacool, etc.) only works if there is nothing underneath. Why would you spend the extra money for a shirt that will keep you dry, only to wear something underneath that will absorb sweat? Doesn't make much sense. I would think that if you golf in Georgia, in the summer, you would want to have the fewest allowable clothes on. Ditch the tee shirt and get used to the different feel. You will find you are much better off. When you start sweating on the course you won't even know the difference, except that you will be dry. I wear tee shirts under everything at work, but when its time to play golf I take them off.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

gotta go commando with those shirts -

I have about 5 of them and have worn them exclusively this year playing golf - except for once when I got behind on laundry and wore a cotton polo with a t-shirt underneath.

It was disgusting! I am officially spoiled by these new fabric shirts. Sweating in cotton just feels like I jumped in a salt water pool by the end of the round in these humid summers here in TN. The car ride home was the worst. My shirt got cold and clammy. As I said before, I'm spoiled now.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-9 10* Stock Stiff Fujikura
3Wood - X 3W Stock Stiff Callaway Graphite Shaft
Hybrids - X Hybrids 21*, 24*, 27* uniflex steel shaft
Irons - X-22 irons 6-PW uniflex steel shaftWedges - X Forged Chrome Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60*Putter - White Hot XG #9Ball - Tour ix or TP...

Wearing a performance type shirt (dri-fit, climacool, etc.) only works if there is nothing underneath. Why would you spend the extra money for a shirt that will keep you dry, only to wear something underneath that will absorb sweat?

Not necessarily. A loost-fitting polo will allow sweat to pool up on your skin or drip down your back and stomach, which can really suck.

There's a lot to be said for wearing a tight-fitting [synthetic] undershirt under a polo when it's very hot. It will make you very slightly warmer, but the advantage you gain from having the sweat wicked, dispersed, and evaporated (as opposed to sitting on the skin) can actually keep you cooler, not to mention significantly more comfortable.

C9 VFT Ti
C9 5w
P2 Hybrid 3
P2 Deep Cavity 4-PW
SGS 52, 56 Putter

Fantastic replies. I was a little sheepish about asking, but I think I found out that we all think about this stuff.

So were to shop for the close fitting new technology wicking undershirts.

Rossa Suzuka Putter

You might want to try the polo by itself before you go spend money on undershirts.

But if you want some, any large sporting goods store will work. Academy, Dick's, The Sports Authority, etc, will all have them. Look in the regular fitness clothing area, not the golf area.

This is the sort of think you want:

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...ductId=3168678

C9 VFT Ti
C9 5w
P2 Hybrid 3
P2 Deep Cavity 4-PW
SGS 52, 56 Putter

Not necessarily. A loost-fitting polo will allow sweat to pool up on your skin or drip down your back and stomach, which can really suck.

I guess every person is different in the way the sweat. There are also different peoples definitions of very hot. I was just stating my opinion and what I do. Personally, I never wear anything under a dri-fit. The sweat gets in the shirt, and off the body. As soon as you make the drive to the next shot the shirt is dry and so am I. To each his own I guess. When it is 90 degrees and 60% humidity in July and August the last thing I want to do is add another layer and be even very slightly warmer.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

It depends on the weather. Generally this time of the season, I just wear a wicking-material shirt, with no undershirt. I feel that undershirts, after I start sweating, stick to my skin and make my swing uncomfortable.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I agree with all here. EXCEPT I wear a LOOSE fit dri-fit type sleevless shirt under the Dri-Fit polo. I am more comfortable this way being a human wookie and all.

In The Bag
SQ 5000 10.5

SQ Sumo 3 wood
MP-32 3-PWGolden Bear Gap Wedge SV Sand Wedge MP T Lob WedgeYes Golf Callie Putter

wearing a cotton t-shirt defeats the purpose of buying a climate shirt

Slowly building my set.

In my Vaporlite Bag:

Driver: SQ DYMO STR-8 FIT 10.5°Woods: R9 Fairway #3 15°Hybrid: Rescue Hybrid #3 19°Irons: R7 3-PWWedges: 588 DSG Gunmetal 56° Spin Milled 260.08Putter: Black Series Tour #2

I agree with those who said wear NOTHING AT ALL, under the performance polo that is.

I started using these shirts a few years ago in Michigan/Ohio, and now that I live in North Carolina they are an absolute necessity. I have about eight of them and I would not wear anything else on a hot day. I can walk in 90+ with these on because they keep me so much cooler than cotton did.

I also wear a white undershirt with just about everything else, even t-shirts much of the time, but when golfing I want to be as comfortable as humanly possible, especially on those days when I end up golfing in the afternoon. I really wouldn't even consider wearing sleeveless underarmour as there is no reason to do so.

Now, if only I could find something to keep my feet a little cooler!

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Fantastic replies. I was a little sheepish about asking, but I think I found out that we all think about this stuff.

wal-mart.

Starter brand, both tight and loose fitting wicking t-shirts for $10.

In my Vaporlite Bag
Driver: Hireko PowerPlay Q2 10.5*
3 Wood: SS 3.5 14*
20* Hybrid: 3dx
Irons: 804 OS 4-PWWedges: 52* Vintage Forged 54* Vokey Spin-Milled 58* Vokey Raw Putter: Crossbax 2.0Ball: Gamer or D2 Feel

Excellent posts. Thanks.

Rossa Suzuka Putter

Target also has wicking-type undershirts under the C9 line. I have a bunch of them and they stack up next to the much pricier Under Armour stuff I have. They usually have a bunch of colors and sizes. I couldn't find any sleeveless ones at Target so I bought some short sleeve shirts and hit them with the kitchen shearers.
Driver: Cleveland Hi-Bore Tour 9.5°, Fujikura Fit-On Red-Stiff
Fairway: Cleveland Hi-Bore 15°, Grafalloy ProLaunch Red-Stiff
Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Dual TP 3H, Diamana Blue Board-Stiff
Irons: MacGregor MT 3-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Stiff
Wedges: MacGregor MT Pro 52-6° & 58-10°Putter:...

Note: This thread is 5444 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!