IGNORED

Golf in Los Angeles

P3R3
Note: This thread is 4936 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think the next place I want to play is Tierra Rejada GC in Moorpark next weekend. I know this is far in advance but just throwing that out there. If anyone has some better options let me know. I would be open to play rustic again as well.

i played tierra rejada couple weeks ago on a tuesday.. they have a great deal.. $50 all the golf you can play with cart.. we played 36 holes and had a blast.. greeat course.. one of the most scenic courses I have played in Los Angeles area.. Absolutely Loved it..

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i played tierra rejada couple weeks ago on a tuesday.. they have a great deal.. $50 all the golf you can play with cart..

When is this deal active, I dont see it on the website. Thanks

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

I was wondering if you guys could rattle off names of Local courses with Natural Turf driving ranges you know of. I would really like to spend more practice time on natural Turf. The closest one I know of to my Home is Woodley Lakes. I work out in Pasadena and like to go after work so anything in the pasadena area (lighted would be good)

In my Golf bag
Big Bertha Irons
60* wedge
Hi-Bore Hybrid 3
Burner 3wood XLS Hi-Bore 10.5 Driver Putter On the feet Burner Balls

I was wondering if you guys could rattle off names of Local courses with Natural Turf driving ranges you know of. I would really like to spend more practice time on natural Turf. The closest one I know of to my Home is Woodley Lakes. I work out in Pasadena and like to go after work so anything in the pasadena area (lighted would be good)

There's a 9 hole course in the Pasadena area - Alta Dena, I think - that has a turf driving range. Decent 9 hole track, too. One of only two courses where I made a birdie my first time playing the course.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There's a 9 hole course in the Pasadena area - Alta Dena, I think - that has a turf driving range. Decent 9 hole track, too. One of only two courses where I made a birdie my first time playing the course.

awesome. that is right near my office. I will prob hit it next week. im suprised a small course like that has a natural grass range

In my Golf bag
Big Bertha Irons
60* wedge
Hi-Bore Hybrid 3

When is this deal active, I dont see it on the website. Thanks

its only on tuesday..

call the pro shop.. i didnt believe it either, but sure enough.. and no one is ever there.. literally our 1st 18, which we tee'd at 6:4 am.. there was no one in front of us and no one behind is the entire round.. you can't believe how much more relaxing and fun a round of golf is under those conditions.. and the course was great.. we are going back tuesday i believe.. and on thursday we are getting our monthly round at LACC.. its a good week of golf next week..

Couldn't agree more with Ben...for LA golf, Ventura County is the place to go. Especially Rustic for value, just finished a round there today and although its not in as good of shape as it used to be, its still the best value in golf.

HiBore XLS 9.5*
Launcher 15*
Rescue 21*
X-20 Tour 4-PW
CG10 50*, CG12 56*, 60*Pixl L1.8 (8 years and running)

its only on tuesday..

You are so lucky to be able to play at LACC. Is it as good as people say it is?

MX500 9.5* S
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*

its only on tuesday..

LACC? You lucky, lucky bastard. Say hi to Hugh for me

HiBore XLS 9.5*
Launcher 15*
Rescue 21*
X-20 Tour 4-PW

awesome. that is right near my office. I will prob hit it next week. im suprised a small course like that has a natural grass range

The Altadena range is really nice. Unfortunately they reseeded the whole range so they've got the mats out at the moment. They said it'll be 2-3 more weeks before they're back on the turf.

There's also Eaton Canyon GC, another 9 hole course run by the same group that's not far away. They also normally have a turf driving range, don't know whether they're on mats at the moment or not. I like the Altadena range better, probably mostly because EC is uphill so it's a bit more discouraging...

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

LACC? You lucky, lucky bastard. Say hi to Hugh for me

Actually, Hugh was denied membership..lol.

but lionel ritchie, the pbly mansion and aaron spellings houses all surrrond the 12,13, 14.. i believe.. yeah its pretty immaculate.. they are doing major renovations on all the greenside bunkers.. the course is alot of fun.. its also very open my favorite hole is #6.. big dog leg right.. long long drivers could probably drive the green.. we play with one of the club pros. i actually score well there, we get to use the best caddie..haha

Actually, Hugh was denied membership..lol.

I figured you could shout at him and his ladyfriends while you passed the mansion

HiBore XLS 9.5*
Launcher 15*
Rescue 21*
X-20 Tour 4-PW

PLayed Olivas Links today, Loved it. The wind was heavy being near the coast so it made it pretty difficult. My only problem with that course is no BBQ?! was soo hungry. Not even a hot dog. But loved the course

In my Golf bag
Big Bertha Irons
60* wedge
Hi-Bore Hybrid 3

I've played Olivas Links once, night and day difference after the redesign. I like it a lot.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Going to play Sterling Hills GC this Saturday, any tips on this course?

MX500 9.5* S
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*

Sterling Hills is a pretty decent value for $65 internet special. Great clubhouse and practice facilities.

Also hole #6 might be the most daunting hole in Socal, what a nightmare.

MX500 9.5* S
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*

Sterling Hills is a pretty decent value for $65 internet special. Great clubhouse and practice facilities.

Looks nice. I have heard nothing but good about most of these ventura courses. I will be playing many more of them.

In my Golf bag
Big Bertha Irons
60* wedge
Hi-Bore Hybrid 3

Going to play Sterling Hills GC this Saturday, any tips on this course?

Whoops, didn't see this. I like Sterling Hills. Some solid holes on that course. Number 1 is a good test, that next long par 3, I think its the 2nd actually. There's another hard par 3 on the back, and couple great par 4s too. Yeah, I like that course. That par 5 18th is kinda goofy though.

I'd definitely rate it as a good value for the money. I've always said here, that Ventura County golf is great.

What's 6? I can't picture it.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 4936 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!