IGNORED

Joining the Men's Club

Maverick
Note: This thread is 6503 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've decided to take the plunge and join our golf course men's club next week. One of the reasons I didn't before was I felt my game was just not there yet. I had a chance to see the various indexes of other members and I'd have to say that I could definitely hold my own.

Also I have a better chance of getting on for those earlier tee times and they play a men's club only tournament at the end of the month.

Anyone else in one?

I joined mine while I was first starting to play because I felt a little competition would force me to practice more/better which it has. Mine does not have enough members for flights so the top 6 gross and net winners for each event all receive pro shop credit. So it's competitive for everyone theoretically.

We play two tournaments a month and during the peak season it's nice to have a guaranted tee time. Once a month the club has a BBQ to feed us and also for out major events.

Overall I'm pretty happy that I joined and it's also been a good social atmospere and have meet many playing partners out of it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Anyone else in one?

I'm in one. We play Tuesdays. Nine holes: first three holes, second three, third three, total holes (for four points). I've never lost to anyone to whom I've given 4 strokes or less (on nine holes). I once gave a guy 10 strokes (he subbed for the #1 player on his team, and he was the #4) and he - a 22 handicapper - shot 38.

GROSS. So yeah, I've lost a few to those bums.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm in the Men's club at my course and it's pretty cool. We play 9 holes on Wednesday nights, each Wednesday there is a different game for the week, it's all based on handicaps and although there are some sandbaggers it's a pretty good time. This is the 4th year I've been in the club, it's only 4 years old itself so we've grown dramatically over the past few years, it's been pretty neat to see.
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

Note: This thread is 6503 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!