IGNORED

Pool chipping green

-Mini-
Note: This thread is 3684 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Today I got a late start to the day but wanted to practice chipping, so I went out back and chipped around the yard... At the end I started hitting them into the pool. Now I thought I wonder if I could set up a floating green and get floating golf balls and hit out to it.

I did some looking around and got these golf balls:

http://www.amazon.com/Floating-SoftC...5782571&sr;=8-2

and this floating green:

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Chip-Islan...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

Now I was wondering if anyone here has tried something similar to this? If you have did it succeed or was it not worth all of the effort? What products did you use?

Thanks,
Mini

In The Bag:
Driver: r7 460 (9.5)
Fairway Woods: r7 CGB Max (3,5)
Hybrid:r7 CGB Max
Irons:AP2Wedges:Vokey Spin Milled Tour Chrome (52/8, 56/14, 60/4)Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Balls:Pro V1x 2009

Dad bought 12 dozen floaters off ebay or something and we hit them off his dock (when I visit). it's great. HUGE driving drange and we just go scoop them up with the waverunner. takes all of 5 minutes or so. Kinda fun to rip drives down the lake.

As far as a floating green to aim towards. No clue how that would work. the floating golf balls are pretty cool though

I had one of the floating green games.

Fun pool/party game......especially after some adult beverages, but absolutely no benefit whatsoever for real golf. Plastic whiffle balls with velcro glued to them.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I practice my flop shot by hitting into the pool from various distances. Then when it gets real hot I put on some goggles and retrieve the balls.

MacTec 460 Draw Driver
V-Foil M565 Irons
MT 3 Wood
GigaGolf 52deg gap wedge
Wilson 55deg sand wedge MT Don White 60deg Lob wedgeknockoff 2-ball putter

Yeah thats why I was gonna use the floaters instead of the velcro

Dad bought 12 dozen floaters off ebay or something and we hit them off his dock (when I visit). it's great. HUGE driving drange and we just go scoop them up with the waverunner. takes all of 5 minutes or so. Kinda fun to rip drives down the lake.

Alright as long well I'll try it out I guess, now that you say they actually float. I was worried they might not live up to the name

In The Bag:
Driver: r7 460 (9.5)
Fairway Woods: r7 CGB Max (3,5)
Hybrid:r7 CGB Max
Irons:AP2Wedges:Vokey Spin Milled Tour Chrome (52/8, 56/14, 60/4)Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Balls:Pro V1x 2009

Awesome.

When I was a kid, our family cabin had a lake and the lake HAPPENED to have a shallow sand-bar running from our property, out to an island. The island was exactly 260 yards out and about the size of a green. Every year, we would gather golf balls, looking in the woods and lakes at courses, with the intent of having a few buckets worth of balls to hit at the island. After hitting them, we would get out the snorkel and go dive for golf balls in the lake (had clear water, fortunately). Man was that fun. I have to say that we didn't hit the "green" very often, but it sure was fun when we did. And diving in 4-10 feet of water for balls is a blast anyway.

Driver: 905S 8* - Graffaloy Blue 65S Shaft (tipped 1" Short)
Fairway: 960F (15*, 19*)
Irons: T-Zoid Pro 4-PW w/ True Temper Steel
Wedges: MP-R Black 52*, 56*
Lob: 60* CG-10 (nice and rusty)Putter: OZ Putter (with oversized Winn Blue Grip)Ball:: One Tour

I totally agree, we put a pool in 10 years ago and this was one of my first Fathers day gifts, complete waste. You might as well practice chipping with a walnut!!!!

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I would do that but mom would kill me if I put a golf ball through the side of the pool. So, I went out and bought two inflatable kiddie pools for about $20 and I filled one with water and started chipping into it. I'm going to use the other one as a portable sand trap to hit from it into the other pool and also just to practise my shots from sand traps.

Driver: Hyper X Tour 10.5* Graffalloy Prolaunch Blue Stiff Shaft
Hybrid: Acer Select 5000 16* Ping Cushin Stiff Shaft
Irons: NDS 3-PW (missing #7, replaced with clone) True Temper Uniflex SpeedStep Shaft
Wedges: Acer XK Tour 56*10 Precision Stiff Shaft, Revolution 60*10 True Temper Wedgeflex

not sure about the floating green.

I bought a 10 dollar swimming pool from walmart and i practice chipping into it in my back yard. It's about 5 feet in diameter.

I'd set up rings in the pool and chip into those. Gives you multiple targets and you'll be able to see how many you land inside the little area.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

I'd set up rings in the pool and chip into those. Gives you multiple targets and you'll be able to see how many you land inside the little area.

I love this idea! Buy the floating rings and chip regular balls into them.

You can have your kids (or friends) dive for them later. Fun!

Driver: 905S 8* - Graffaloy Blue 65S Shaft (tipped 1" Short)
Fairway: 960F (15*, 19*)
Irons: T-Zoid Pro 4-PW w/ True Temper Steel
Wedges: MP-R Black 52*, 56*
Lob: 60* CG-10 (nice and rusty)Putter: OZ Putter (with oversized Winn Blue Grip)Ball:: One Tour

I'm pretty sure the guys in Entourage had one, can't remember which series though. Looked like fun.

What's in my Eagles & Birdies Bag:
taylormade.gif R9 SuperTri Stiff 10.5˚
mizuno.gif MX-700 15˚ 3W Stiff
mizuno.gif MX-700 20˚ & 23˚ Hybrid Stiff
mizuno.gif MP 52 4-PW Nippon 950 Stiffmizuno.gif MP - T 10 52˚/07˚ & 58˚/10˚ping.gif Redwood Anser 34"titleist.gif Pro V1x FJD   

I don't believe they had a pool chipping green on Entourage, however they did hit balls onto their neighbors roofs. They also had an indoor driving range or whatever that thing was.
Giants - Cardinals - Rangers

NFL - MLB - NHL

• 4 years later...
I'm not sure about the green, but the mat looks flimsy. It might be worth while to get a high quality mat someplace else, or to find a higher quality set. Does anybody know where?

Old thread, but what the heck... I use the floater golf balls ( can't tell the difference between hitting them and a regular ball) and a couple of different sized hula hoops if anybody knows what those are!

Note: This thread is 3684 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!