IGNORED

TF Gamer & Freak

Note: This thread is 5426 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

bought a box of each and played 36 holes with them last weekend.

The Gamer: is just that, a GAMER! this will be my ball of choice for a long time. It does scuff easy, especially after a good wedge shot, but i have very agressive wedges so thats normal no matter what ball i play. just different degrees of damage.

Spin and softness was exceptional for a ball with its pricepoint. feels great off the putter, spins and checks like you want it too.

Distance was longer than i expected. I typically play prov1x or b330 RX, and the gamer was not significantly shorter. in fact, i drove everything about the same. 265 to 285.

this ball just feels great off the irons as well.

The Freak: Probably the most amazing marketing job ive seen. It didnt blow my mind, didnt intimidate my partners on the tee box, or even have a mushroom cloud when it hit the ground. nothing special here. maybe the longest ball by 5 yards.

For a harder ball geared toward distance, i was surprised by how well it performed around the green. putted nicely too.

Just my $.02 on the two TF balls. i was dying to play them both after some recent hype. sure glad i put that Gamer to the test because that ball "fits" me very well.

peace!

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

Thank you so much for posting this! I have wondered if the Gamer was any good. I have seen them before and I really wanted to buy them but didn't want to waste my money... Thanks again for posting! I'm gonna pick up a box of them next time.

HookEmHorns

In my 14 Xtreme bag:

Driver Burner 10.5*3 Wood Rawlings 15*5 Wood Ignite 19*Irons S2 Max 4-GWPutter Rossa Corza Ghost 35" Next to be replaced: 3 wood. All Rawlings junk has got to go. haha

Interesting.. any comparison to the Noodle+ ? I currently play that ball and seem to like it very much.

never played that one. heard good things about it.

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

After a shortage of Gamers in my locality (seriously, I looked at four stores and couldn't find a box), I picked up a box of D2 feels at wal mart for $13.

The only real difference I've noticed from the gamer is a little more roll out on irons/wedges.

In my Vaporlite Bag
Driver: Hireko PowerPlay Q2 10.5*
3 Wood: SS 3.5 14*
20* Hybrid: 3dx
Irons: 804 OS 4-PWWedges: 52* Vintage Forged 54* Vokey Spin-Milled 58* Vokey Raw Putter: Crossbax 2.0Ball: Gamer or D2 Feel

After everyone talking about these I really need to try them.
I also wanted to try the FREAK but not sure yet.
I will give the Gamer a try and save my money from buying Pro V's

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Burner TP = $35 for 2 dozen
TP Red/Black = $45 for 2 dozen
NXT Tours = $50 for 2 dozen
Nike One = $120 for 6 dozen
Srixion = $45 for 3 dozen
Wilson Zip = $36 for 3 dozen

Some great deals on golf balls comparable to the TF Gamer.

I have yet to see any Top Flite specials during the recession so I'm guess the demand for their balls are still high or they just didn't produce that many.

« Keith »

I want to try these, but as it is, im overflowing with golf balls. Ive got 10 boxes of warbirds, 4 boxes of used but like new prov1's, 2 boxes of prov1x's, a box of tp red and a box of blacks.

Plus I have about 600 practice balls I use in the field we own behind our house. Im all golf balled out.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

I've been playing mostly the Gamer for the past 2 years but there is another little known, extremely inexpensive ball that performs very well... the Intech Limbo. They can be hard to find though (one of our local Canadian Tire stores carries them). $10 Canadian for 15 balls.
Driver :Adams Speedline 9032LS 10.5*
Woods:Wilson Staff FYbrid 3W
Hybrids:Wilson Staff FYbrid (wood/hybrid gap)
Hybrids:Ben Hogan Edge CFT 3H & 4H
Irons:King Cobra S9 5I-PWSand Wedge:Cleveland CG12-58*Putter:Ping Redwood AnserBall:Nike Karma/Topflite GamerFavourite Gizmo:Club Caddy

Ive had 2 different intech balls that I liked actually, and got em both at canadian tire. But they never restocked them so I couldnt get anymore. Seems they make good balls.

Hippo Golf made a ball that I really liked too, and was dirt cheap. I was pleasantly suprised.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Picked up a box of gamers today, gonna bust 'em out at 6:39 AM CST tomorrow, lol.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

I played the Gamer tonight for the first time...not really impressed with it. I thought it was "light" off the putter and one wedge shot chewed up the ball...I would rather pay $0.50 more per ball and keep playing Bridgestones.

My Bag

Grom
r7 Limited 10.5
Hybrid 3 Baffler BB 2004 Irons 4-PW, GW, SW Vokey 60 wedge White HotProV1x

I've been playing mostly the Gamer for the past 2 years but there is another little known, extremely inexpensive ball that performs very well... the Intech Limbo. They can be hard to find though (one of our local Canadian Tire stores carries them). $10 Canadian for 15 balls.

Found a Limbo during my round tonight. I will try to out during my next round.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Note: This thread is 5426 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!