IGNORED

I'm the streakiest golfer

Williamevanl
Note: This thread is 3608 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

yes, i used to have this problem a lot. and this is precisely where the mental aspect enters the game. make your mind stronger, and your game will become more consistent.

This is the part I need to work on.

Last year I was -2 after the front nine.  Then I promptly lost my concentration and ended up shooting +8 on the back nine with 4 straight pars to start followed by quadruple bogey on the 14th hole!

UGH!

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Streaky?  I don't know.  How 'bout this for the first three holes last week:  Par, NINE, birdie.  Here was the 9:  Drove ball into trouble off tee.  Pitched out to a perfect spot with a 7 iron.  90 yards to green hit a total hosel rocket right of green, across the cart path and into deep rough.  From there is was a fatty into the bunker with wet, packed sand and DEEP.  Pin was in middle of an hourglass shaped green.  Tried to get cute and left it in the deep rough just outside bunker that was really uphill.  Chipped on from there and 3-putted for a NINE.

It happens.  I don't call it streaky.  Just a bad hole sandwiched in between to really GOOD holes.  Last time I saw the 9 hole, I made par.  The 9 was also the only hole over bogey for the round even though I 3-putted 4 greens.  3-putting greens for me is something I'd call 'streaky.'  Don't do that very often.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played in a tournament a couple weeks ago.

#1 - Birdie

#2 - Birdie

#3 - Double

#4 - Double

#5 - Double

#6 - Par

#7 - Par

#8 - Par

#9 - Par

For a 39... Par 35

Then I shot 45 on the back...

Note: This thread is 3608 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!