IGNORED

Callaway X18 Vs X20?

Note: This thread is 5411 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just hit some Callaway X20 and they felt so nice, is their any big difference between the X18 and X20 or are they pretty similar. X18 are $100 cheaper. Thanks

Did you hit the x18? I hit all 3 today (18/20/22) and honestly there was a difference, but I loved the 18 the most. (it wasn't the $$).

Didn't pull the trigger yet but very much considering...

There's X18 and X18r. See this thread: http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23676
Cart Bag: AMP Xtreme
Driver: 460
3 Wood | 5 Wood: Diablo
Irons: (3-8) X18 | X Forged 9 & P
Wedges: X Forged 52 (12) | 58 (10) C-Grind Putter: Anser 4 i SeriesBall: Burner1978 - 93 - All Time Best - 84 or12 over in 1991.1994 - 2008 - Inactive2008 - Present - All Time Best 96 or 24...

They are very similar, i believe the 18's have a slightly narrower sole, the 20's have a little more cut out on the back, but i think it would be hard to tell the difference when swinging them.

:tmade: 09 Burner
:cobra: Speed LD F 3 wood
:cobra: Baffler 20 degree hybrid
:cobra: Baffler TWS 23 hy
:ping: G15 5-UW
:snake_eyes: 56 deg SW 
:snake_eyes: 60 - 12 wedge  
:scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2

Although this is my first season playing, I bought x18's and have been playing them for a few months, two -three times per month plus range time once or twice a week. I like them quite a bit. I played with a friend today and we decided to switch clubs (his x22's and my x18's) to see if we played differently. Honestly, I hit the ball the same, as did he. He has been playing 17 years versus my 1. And he's a 10 handicap versus my 40 or so.

In my Warbird bag:
Hyper X 10* (soon to be FT9 tour 9.5*!)
X Fairway 3 Wood
X Prototypes 3-PW
X Forged 54*.14 wedge X Forged 58*.10 wedge X Forged 64*.9 wedge Black Series #1 HX Hot balls

I recently bought the x18's steel irons and I absolutely love them. For a while, before I really started to play golf, I would go to the driving range with a friend who owned the x20's steel and I hit pretty well with them but when I tried out the x18's at Golfsmith, I hit even better with them. I went to the range and borrowed my friends x20's and my new x18's and didn't really notice a difference. If anything, I hit better with the x18's. Just my 2 cents.

my dad has the x20s and loves them.

Hit them on a monitor and see which ones feel and produce better for you

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

just bought x18r's today from golf galaxy... couldn't get the great feeling out of my head from yesterday. Can't wait get on the course... might have to squeeze 9 in this week after work.

I have the x18's and the x22 tour irons and the 18s definately have more forgiveness and feel great and a buddy of mine let me use the 20's and i shot the exact same score on almost every hole but I personally like the x18's better then the 20's.
Bag- Orig. 14 Stadium Tour
Driver- R7 limited 9.5*
3 Wood- R7
5 Wood-Viper Tour
Irons- X18/X22 ToursWedges- 52*/ 56* SandPutter- Hamilton f2 series BladeBall- Pro V1Glove-

Note: This thread is 5411 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!