IGNORED

$50 burning a hole in my pocket

Note: This thread is 5406 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's only usable when ordering online from Golfsmith, so lessons are out of the question.

So anyway, I'm buying balls. Not ProV1s, nor One Tours, more like Bridgestone Treosofts, or Juices, or dare I say, TopFlite Gamers. So I'm looking for some ideas of a longer ball that still has some softness to it. Or even the other way around, a soft ball with some distance.

In the carry bag:
'07 Burner 10.5 Driver (S Flex)
Hyper X 5 Wood
J33CB 4-PW Irons (S Flex)
Vokey 54-10 Spin Milled Watson 08 60 Lob Wedge G5i Blade

NXT Extreme?
Driver: Cobra Speed Pro S X/10.5*
3W: TaylorMade Rescue
Irons: Adams Ovation 3 (4-LW)
Putter: Ping Zing 2i
Ball: Noodle + Long & SoftGlove: FootJoy SofJoyShoes: FootJoy GreenJoyShort term goals:Break 92 for 18 holesShoot 5 pars or better in one round.

My dad already has those, I can use his, I don't like them as much.

In the carry bag:
Hyper X 5 Wood

I'm always getting 2 dozen, 1 of one kind, and 1 of another, so I'll be using two of these ideas.

In the carry bag:
Hyper X 5 Wood

I like the Nike Power Distance Softs..feel nice around the green and give you good distance as well.

In my Warbird XXT Bag

Driver: Big Bertha Diablo 10* Draw
Hybrid: Big Bertha Diablo 3H 21*
Irons: 2007 S9, 4-PW, GWWedges: coming soonPutter: no-name, but gets the job doneBall: Big Bertha Diablo

Do any of the Bridgestone e-series qualify for your criteria?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

go with any of the bridgestone E+ series balls. also the topflite gamers are a nice cheap 3 piece ball.

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

I was actually asking you guys for ideas haha. I'm thinking maybe e6+ and TopFlite Gamers. Do those sound like two good options?

In the carry bag:
Hyper X 5 Wood

Callaway HX Hot?

These go forever...great distance, not soft around the greens though.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I've gotta be honest, the distance isn't as important as the softness, I'd rather hit 250 with a soft ball then hit 280 with a distance ball. I've used the Power Distance Softs, I liked them, but they didn't seem too "soft", they stuck a little, but not as much as I expected from a ball labeled soft.

In the carry bag:
Hyper X 5 Wood

go ahead and get you some of the pro V1's or tour i, they will hit farther than all of those anyways, and they will give you the spin you need.

I was actually asking you guys for ideas haha. I'm thinking maybe e6+ and TopFlite Gamers. Do those sound like two good options?

In your shoes, that's what I would do right now.

I've gotta be honest, the distance isn't as important as the softness, I'd rather hit 250 with a soft ball then hit 280 with a distance ball.

You and me both. Although, right now, if I were offered 250 off the tee, at my current accuracy rate, I wouldn't care what ball it is

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yesterday I carried 280 off the tee with a found ProV1x, I don't want to spend $50 on just one dozen though. I'm still bad enough that I lose a ball occasionally.

In the carry bag:
Hyper X 5 Wood

You might consider the TP Red from Taylormade. Don't know if Golfsmith still has the 2 for $55 deal, but if they do it is a very good ball.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

If you like the Pro V, go with the Bridgestone e5+

My Bag

Grom
r7 Limited 10.5
Hybrid 3 Baffler BB 2004 Irons 4-PW, GW, SW Vokey 60 wedge White HotProV1x

Is the e5+ similar to the ProVs?

In the carry bag:
Hyper X 5 Wood

Is the e5+ similar to the ProVs?

No, not at all. The e5+ is soft but would not compare to a Pro V in any way.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Note: This thread is 5406 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!