IGNORED

Cog Hill #4 (Dubsdread)...Anyone ever played?

Note: This thread is 5538 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Going up to Chicago next weekend for a wedding with my freind, was planning on playing Cog Hill #4 on friday afternoon......Was wondering if anyone had played the course and what i could expect as far as service and overall experience. Played the Raven Course at Sandestin in Florida earlier this month and so far thats been my greatest golf experiece, hoping Cog Hill rates right up there if not beyond it.....

thanks guys.......new guy here by the way.......

Hey Cheff--

Never played #4 but I was expecting to this month so here's what I found out when I called last week:

First, make sure to call ahead to confirm it's even open--I found out the weekend I initially wanted to play that #4 was bought out Friday through Saturday for a charity tourney.

Then they also told me that they only take tee times from full foursomes, and that the *members* get first priority for those times. However, since they only can reserve foursomes, singles can usually make it out at decent times to round those out.

Again, I've never played, but if you're just lookin into it hopefully this helps a bit...

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Flickr pics from hacking it up at Pebble, Bandon, Pinehurst, Whistling Straits, the Black, Kiawah & more...

I've played, the week after the western was there so the grandstands etc. were all up. I loved it. It isn't a great clubhouse, but the course is great. and was in great shape even after hosting a PGA event. It was 135 for the round and I had no problems with them. I did however, play on a weekday afternoon.

I lived in chicago for 2 years and played the cog hill courses (there are four) almost exclusively. And while the members do have priority tee times...they stop around 9:30 in the morning on the weekends.

The best way to play it is to volunteer for the Western, they get to play it the monday after for free.

well ive done called, guy told me to just call the day before were planning on playing, which is friday, and we will be able to get in.......were driving up from columbia mo, so the trip will take us 5 hours, and leaving at 7 am at the latest would put us in lemont at about noon, so were planning on playing around 2, which they had open.......my buddies sweatin the 135 bucks, but to play good golf, ill pay that anyday, especially a week after the likes of tiger, phil, vijay and j.d. was there.....pretty novel idea if you ask me

• 4 weeks later...
Course is pretty good leading up to the Western Open, but can be a bit more rough afterwards. Service is OK. I have played twice & got great service once, and very snooty (like they were doing me a favor by letting my group play) the next.

How did it go?

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry, havent been able to get on much. Cog Hill #4 was great, my scorecard wasnt, but the course and the whole experience was a blast. They still had a lot of the grandstands and tents and stuff set up while we was there, so that was pretty cool, although when we pulled in, the whole lot of 2006 Buick Lacernes is what cought my attention, guessing they was loaner cars for the players is what im assuming. me and my freind shawn ended up getting paired with a local guy, Tim, awsome dude, really knew the course and gave us hole by hole breakdowns and history on "this is where Tigers ball was in 2000"..........the best part of the day came on the cabin hole, the par 3, the hole i was watching Vijay and Tiger tee off from a week before, me and shawn hit our tee shots, tim hits his, then proceeds to ask if we minded if he got "high" .............were standing on the cabin hole while home dude proceeds to pack and puff a one hitter, lmao..........needless to say we spent the rest of the day going, "Um, Tim, your wedge"...........great trip and would love to play it again sometime to work on the ole score

• 10 months later...
played a few time. nice course, but i can name 10 better in chicago area. actually i like cog hill #2 better than dubsdread.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

• 1 year later...
Played Dubs many a time. Great course. They try and treat you like a country club there, but it is completely daily fee. No members, but there are regulars. The little clubhouse by #2 & #4 is small, but you get full access to the large clubhouse across the street, where #18 finishes. The Jemsek family is the daily fee golfers best friend. They are trying to get a US Open and last year redid the course with the Open DR., Rees Jones. Have not played it since the redo, but will as soon as we get good weather here.

Note: This thread is 5538 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!