IGNORED

SI's Thrill List of Golf

RCF
Note: This thread is 5424 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I guess he means the most thrilling to watch, but I don't think there is anyone around who watched Young Tom Morris in 1870. Don't understand why Woods is listed twice.

by:Michael Bamberger>
INSIDE GOLF
Thrill List: Golf

Story Highlights
- Arnold Palmer surpassed the speed limit with his putting at Augusta National.
- The only thing more thrilling than Tiger Woods today? Tiger Woods an an amateur.
- Greg Norman's heartbreaking losses were as memorable as his spectacular wins.

These lists are not mere compilations of all-time bests in their respective sports but all-time bests at quickening the pulse and evoking a visceral response from those fortunate enough to have witnessed their artistry.

10. Seve Ballesteros
9. Walter Hagen
8. Young Tom Morris
7. Greg Norman
6. Tiger Woods (professional golfer)
5. Tiger Woods (amateur golfer)
4. Laura Davies
3. John Daly
2. Mickey Wright
1. Arnold Palmer

Full article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ist/index.html
Cart Bag: AMP Xtreme
Driver: 460
3 Wood | 5 Wood: Diablo
Irons: (3-8) X18 | X Forged 9 & P
Wedges: X Forged 52 (12) | 58 (10) C-Grind Putter: Anser 4 i SeriesBall: Burner1978 - 93 - All Time Best - 84 or12 over in 1991.1994 - 2008 - Inactive2008 - Present - All Time Best 96 or 24...

Woods is listed twice because of how exciting he was as an amateur, and as a pro.

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

Woods is listed twice because of how exciting he was as an amateur, and as a pro.

I understand that but he is still one person.
Wedges: X Forged 52 (12) | 58 (10) C-Grind Putter: Anser 4 i SeriesBall: Burner1978 - 93 - All Time Best - 84 or12 over in 1991.1994 - 2008 - Inactive2008 - Present - All Time Best 96 or 24...

I understand that but he is still one person.

As an amateur it was more exciting to watch him then he was a pro. What's so hard to understand about that?

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

Remember that for all the flak Tiger gets for not winning a major from behind, all three of his U.S. Amateur victories were of the comeback variety.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

As an amateur it was more exciting to watch him then he was a pro. What's so hard to understand about that?

Edit button isn't working for me? But, I was tired, I didn't mean to act like an ass.

A quote from Kris

Edit button isn't working for me? But, I was tired, I didn't mean to act like an ass.

I didn't think your comment was offensive and I was joking about Tiger being only one person.

Maybe the people that work at SI are the same people that work at the Golf Channel? After all, you could bet your life savings they'll say the word Tiger during the first minute of Golf Central and never lose.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5424 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!