IGNORED

Low Cappers, have you ever stopped playing with a High Capper because...

Phil-Mick#1
Note: This thread is 5394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't mind playing with anyone. I like when I play with good players but I really don't have many friends that are better than me and they are usually busy.

I agree about pace of play. The one thing that bothers me is when our group is slow and then you have to pick up the pace becuase of they totally blew up the hole. Then they are wondering why I don't hurry up on the greens over a 4 footer. I take 20 seconds before I putt and need that 20 seconds.

I would love to find a good game but they are hard. I am considering starting a more competive match play league with no handicaps. I know I would get my a*s handed to me but I think it would be lots of fun to try to win. My league is not very competitive and I have to give so many strokes.

Brian

If you could shoot between 80-84, then you wouldnt be a 22 Handicap.

Its kind of like watching a player who's going to break out any minute. Without playing with me its hard to explain. I dont slice, or even push. My putts per round are under 36. (somewhat due to chipping close after a 3rd shot) The issue is my Driver. If I drive well then 80-84 is no problem at all. When I drive well (ive done this in an 18 and a few 9's) I shoot 42 per side or 85 a round. The other side of a 42 might be a 54 due to driving. When I drive at a range, I hit a 290-310 yard missile, over and over and over. At a tee its duck hook, top, worm burner and maybe a missile here and there. GIR is horrid. My career round involved 4 290+ drives and 9 200-250 usable drives & 1 top/shank for an 85.(the shank ended as a 90ft par putt) The freaky thing is if I were to tee off with an 8i from every par 4 or 5 from whites, I would shoot 85-90 every round. I am fairly accurate with an 8i and can hit from a tee to about 175-200. A topped drive gets me maybe 100 yards or a hazard so maybe that explains it. I have no desire to abandon the driver since it has the potential to be a huge asset to my game

I agree. I'm not a "low" capper, but I've played with people from my office and when you constantly have to worry about them hitting a house or breaking a window it's never fun. I'd also hit a drive, then watch them slice it, chunk it, snap hook it, and thin it before i hit my next shot. I play my best with people of my same ability.

No. For me it all about the flow of the round, knowledge of where to be when others are hitting shots, whether they are ready to play when it is their turn, how people handle the ebb and flow of putting out when we are on the green, and knowing when to keep quiet and when it is fine to talk. Handicap does not always correlate to all of these types of things.

I'm obviously not a low capper, but play with some......Yeah, what he said - true about the long routine of some low cappers and how they yap non-stop or get real pissed when the duff a shot....its like, "let it go already, I'm trying to putt or drive the ball."

Agree with the other guy about speed of play and ettiquette, too. Lots of times more seasoned (not necessarily low cappers) have a better handle on this stuff.
In My Datrek Bag:

Driver: R9-460 9.5°
Woods: Burner 15°
Hybrids: Burner 3,4,5Irons: G10 Gap - 5 ironWedges: cg15: chrome, 56° 60°Putter: Studio Newport 2GPS Unit: Push Cart: 2.0

It can cut both ways though. As a high handicapper I'm very aware of the effect "overplaying" can have on others, especially a good player paired with me in a competition. I do all I can to be ready to play, and if playing a bad shot using my handicap to get back on the fairway, instead of trying to pull off impossible shots from the rough or trees.

It is very demoralising then, when a good player behaves as if you're not there, walking ahead to the tees, walking off greens, only looking after their own ball and quietly disapproving. Even worse if you are in a 3 ball with 2 good players who know each other.

Etiquette goes both and all ways

Driver - Mizuno MX700
3W - Mizuno MX700
3H - Mizuno MX700
4I - 60◦ - Mizuno MX200
Putter - Fazer Tour Touch IIIHandicap: - Lack of talent

It can cut both ways though. As a high handicapper I'm very aware of the effect "overplaying" can have on others, especially a good player paired with me in a competition. I do all I can to be ready to play, and if playing a bad shot using my handicap to get back on the fairway, instead of trying to pull off impossible shots from the rough or trees.

You really make some GREAT points. I have seen some low cappers that I play with kinda look down upon a guy if he's a really high cap. I have told them to try and remember what it was like when they started. I also have played with a guy at my club who is a 5 handicap and spends way too long on his pre-shot routine...annoying.

Note: This thread is 5394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!