IGNORED

TM Tour Burner vs. Tour Burner TP

Note: This thread is 5378 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello everyone,

Tonight I hit a TM Tour Burner 10.5 driver at the range. It had the silver face so I'm assuming it was TP. The shaft said S flex and then 75. Does the 75 denote the weight of the shaft? Can anyone tell me which shaft this is?

I've been doing some browsing online and the only shaft I can find on that driver is the Diamana White 65. I'm assuming the shaft I was hitting tonight would have said 65 instead of 75 if it was the Diamana. Is that correct?

What is the difference between the tour burner and tour burner TP?

Thanks for looking and any help!

Bag: Corza Stand Bag
Driver: Launcher 460 Comp 9.5
Woods: Burner 3/5
Irons: TA7 Tour 4-PW
Wedges: 588 Tour Action 51*/57*Putter: Two bar blade center shaft

Well i know the 65 and the 75 represent how heavy the shafts are. 65 grams and 75 grams.
Bag- Orig. 14 Stadium Tour
Driver- R7 limited 9.5*
3 Wood- R7
5 Wood-Viper Tour
Irons- X18/X22 ToursWedges- 52*/ 56* SandPutter- Hamilton f2 series BladeBall- Pro V1Glove-

Most drivers have a silver face or did you mean a silver shaft? The Tour Burner TP comes with a high end shaft instead of the normal TM RE*AX shaft. The Tour Burner TP also sits more open than the non-TP version. If you fight a slice then the non-TP version would be best for you.

« Keith »

Most drivers have a silver face or did you mean a silver shaft? The Tour Burner TP comes with a high end shaft instead of the normal TM RE*AX shaft. The Tour Burner TP also sits more open than the non-TP version. If you fight a slice then the non-TP version would be best for you.

I think the regular tour burner has a black face and the TP version has a silver face. The shaft was the regular black tri color TM shaft. I do fight a slice sometimes but with the TP version I was hitting last night my ball was flying straight with a good launch angle. What I'd really like to know is A) what shaft was on that club and B) how different the non TP version would perform for me.

I think the regular tour burner has a black face and the TP version has a silver face. The shaft was the regular black tri color TM shaft. I do fight a slice sometimes but with the TP version I was hitting last night my ball was flying straight with a good launch angle. What I'd really like to know is A) what shaft was on that club and B) how different the non TP version would perform for me.

Picture of the non-TP version of the Tour Burner.

Maybe you were looking at the Rombax 75g shaft. At this point, you seem quite confused and your best bet would be to go back to the golf range where you hit it and find the exact specs.

« Keith »

Picture of the non-TP version of the Tour Burner.

I'm even more confused after seeing the picture you posted. I'll definitely go back and check it out but when I was there the person at the pro shop didn't know anything.

These are the pictures that I have seen online. Notice the differences in the two clubs circled in red. Also these pictures show the non TP version with a black face and the TP version with a silver face. Regular: TP:

I'll make it easy for you. The driver head is the exact same on the Tour Burner and the TP version. The only difference is if you look above at the posted pictures.... look at the picture that has the view like you would see when you take your stance. The Tour Burner as a little flame art decal used to judge the center..... theTP version has a "TP" logoed instead of that little flame.

Aside from that, the TP is abotu 2* open face and the Tour burner is aobut 2* closed.

Further, the Tour Burner only comes in one shaft option in different flexes. The TP version comes in 3 (or maybe 4... but pretty sure its 3) shaft options of premium shafts. And the shafts all look the same as well! They are made for Taylormade versions with the same cosmetics. If you look on the back of the shaft near the grip it tells you the brand diamana, fujukura,... etc. and the model whiteboard, rombax, reax superfast.... etc. And the number that indicates weight... like 65, 75, 85... or whatnot.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

I went back last night and it was a regular burner head with a fujikura rombax 75 shaft installed. The pro shop offered to sell it to me for 100 but I think I can get it for less. The head has some marks on it..does anyone think this would be a good deal?

yeah its a good deal actually i am in canada so what's that like 150 canadian maybe not such a great deal

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

I also hit the R9 last night and really liked that one as well. Now I am conflicted...

Pictures are bad quality but this is the driver I was hitting. Figured out that it was a regular tour burner head on a TP Fujikura Rombax 75 shaft.

Now I'm trying to decide between purchasing this driver for really cheap, getting a new tour burner with this shaft, or th R9.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I have owned both. There is a slight difference in the heads, the TP is .335 hosel ID and the retail is .350. I owned a TP and it has in letters for an alignment TP in red and yellow. Mine sat dead square. That is a real Rombax painted in TMTP graphics and looks like it has a fast-fit system hosel for demos, it's probably worth $100 itself or close to it. I have now a regular TB and it sits pretty square in the 9.5*, they close more the higher the loft. Also whoever said the regular comes in 1 shaft and different weights is wrong I have one with a REAL Diamana Blue Board in it and it came straight from the factory that way.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Note: This thread is 5378 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!