IGNORED

Is there a player you avoid watching?

SubPar
Note: This thread is 5384 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There are some players I have just stopped watching when they swing the club. I have found they paint an image in my mind I really don't want in there.

Some represent a variety of odd moves, weird posture or timing I don't want floating around in my head. Furyk, Perry, Milkha Singh and Allenby are among those I avoid watching.

Among those I like to watch is Ogilvy. He leaves a good image of balance, simplicity and tempo.

Subpar

Tiger...not a fan.
905R 10.5* - Speeder (S) ::: 909F2 15.5* - VooDoo (S) ::: 909H 19* - VooDoo (S) ::: Vokey Spin Milled 52.08, 56.11 & 60.07
MX-25 4-P - Dynamic Gold (S300)
Studio Style Newport 2 - 33/350
Pro V1Tour V2

Nope. Watch them all. Proves that you don't have to swing the exact same way to be successful.

It is true there are many different kinds of swings that are successful, but I am trying to imprint an image of the kind of swing I want to emulate. Perry's head bobbing up and down or Allenby's round shoulder slouch or Furik's "octopus falling out of a tree" form is not something you would teach anyone to do. I used to watch all of them closely, but I have recently found it troubling to do so.

Subpar

I like to watch videos of Charles Barkley playing golf..and strive to emulate his perfect swing.
The sticks:
Driver: r5 10.5° Stiff N
3 wood: 980f 15°
Irons: RAC OS 4-9
Wedges: 48° & 56°, SV 60°Putter: TracyBall: NXT Tour

There are some players I have just stopped watching when they swing the club. I have found they paint an image in my mind I really don't want in there.

Why don't you like Allenby? I agree his swing probably isn't considered today as "picture perfect" but I don't think it's bad by any means.

If I'm paired with someone who's struggling, I won't watch them.

As far as the PGA - I like to watch them all.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

It is true there are many different kinds of swings that are successful, but I am trying to imprint an image of the kind of swing I want to emulate. Perry's head bobbing up and down or Allenby's round shoulder slouch or Furik's "octopus falling out of a tree" form is not something you would teach anyone to do. I used to watch all of them closely, but I have recently found it troubling to do so.

Maybe I'm missing out but i don't really watch golf on TV and even consider it affecting my swing. I just enjoy watching them knock the tar out of the ball and get it in the hole

If I'm paired with someone who's struggling, I won't watch them.

I do the same thing. I watch their shots but rarely watch someone's swing.

As far as the PGA Tour, I don't know if there is anyone I wouldn't watch. Maybe Garcia due to the fact that he looks like he has this super flat swing plane. One I do watch (and will again when the PGA returns to MN in Aug) is Ernie Els. That smooth power is awesome. After watching him for close to an hour on the range a few years back I still can't figure out how he gets that much power. I know the "inside baseball" reasons but to see how consistant it is just boggles the mind.

I like watching them all. Give me the ugliest one on tour, please.

How don't you like Sergio's move? I think he is the pure ball striker on tour. If he had tiger's mind.....

Brian

I like watching them all. Give me the ugliest one on tour, please.

I don't dispute Sergio's ball striking skills. Your right, he has to be in the top 5 on tour. I'm commenting on how flat his swing looks. When I start struggling with my ball striking usually it has to do with flattening out. So that's what I meant about Garcia.

I don't dispute Sergio's ball striking skills. Your right, he has to be in the top 5 on tour. I'm commenting on how flat his swing looks. When I start struggling with my ball striking usually it has to do with flattening out. So that's what I meant about Garcia.

Understood. I am a big fan of his move, not his attitude.

Brian

I don't dispute Sergio's ball striking skills. Your right, he has to be in the top 5 on tour.

I hear that a lot but I the stats usually tell another story.

As of right now Sergio is 70th on tour in GIR's, 32nd in proximity to the hole and 159th in driving accuracy. Someone I would consider a great ball striker is Steve Sticker.

Furyk, Perry, Allenby and Milka Singh - 4 strikers of the golf ball. I'd watch them all day!

If you look at them at impact they're all pretty damn near perfect.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

Not really because of mechanics or anything, but one person I cannot stand to watch is JB Holmes. Mainly because of his putting. My God his caddie has to line him up until the last second? You're a PGA pro dude! If you can't line yourself up by now.....jeez. Just drives me nuts more than anything.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

I hate watching guys like Brian Gay, Lucas Glover, guys who seem to act robotic on the course, never show emotion, etc.

I like to watch, even though I never root for him, Tiger. At least he's exciting to watch, really displays his emotion, good or bad. I like WATCHING that on T.V.

I also like to watch Sergio on T.V. as well since he's my favorite golfer. I also enjoying watching Duval because I like to see if he can get back to where he once was.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I'm confused how watching a PGA pro swing will effect your swing?

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

Note: This thread is 5384 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!