• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gilwood

Drivers: Cleveland Launcher, Callaway Ft-i or Adams Speedline

6 posts in this topic

I recently went to Golf Galaxy and got a ball fitting done. My club speed averaged about 95 mph, My launch angle was low at 13 degrees, and my ball spin was high at 3,365 rpm. I was suggested to use a stiff shaft, 10.5 degree (to increase launch angle) and any "modern" driver (to reduce spin). When I asked what a good modern driver is, he suggested any Cleveland (like the Launcher), Callaway square head (Ft-i) or The Adams Speedline series. Anyone have any experience with these drivers? Is this good advice or just an attempt to make a sale?

Here's my shot report:

All three are great drivers. I hit all three and preferred the FT-i with a light shaft.

I would suggest trying regular and stiff shafts with your swing speed. The shaft will probably make more of a difference than the driver head and loft. Getting too stiff a shaft may negate the impact of new driver technology.

I'm around 100mph CHS and I use the Adams Speedline 10.5º with the Graffaloy Blue shaft and my ball speed is around 140mph. If your getting a new driver and price isn't an issue, try the 9032LS from Adams.

I really don't like the look of the callaway ft-i. Looks a bit spaceship-y to me. Has anyone tried both the cleveland launcher and the adams speedline? Which did you prefer?

Speedline. I love my fti, but I feel like the speedline is a bit better of a club. The speedline is what I would buy if I was in the market. I really don't care for the launcher much. Seems really "chunky" I guess. Too tall of a profile for me.

ive hit all three and i too LOVE my FT-i. i think the Speedline is a good club too, with the Launcher coming in 3rd place (for me). I just cant seem to find a better driver (again, for me) than my ft-i. i didnt even like the ft-iq as much as i like my ft-i. i used the Mizuno MX-700 for a few months also but my ft-i went back into my bag when i started missing fairways. my ft-i is just a fairway finding machine

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0