IGNORED

hitting 9 degree driver pretty high

Note: This thread is 5544 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys
I have always hit my drivers pretty high, but recently bought the ftiq 9 degree driver. But sometimes i still hit it like i use to hit my 10.5 driver. Am i doing something wrong and do you think this height is causing me to lose distance?
thanks

Could be many things. It could be your swing, your shaft, your ball, where you play it in your stance, If you lean backwards trying to bomb it...

If everything feels okay, I would go with shaft. But that's somewhat of a guess from experience.

9.5º TaylorMade R9 TP VooDoo XNV6 | TaylorMade R9 TP 13º 3W & 19º 5W Both with Fujikura Motore F1 85 | Mizuno MP-57 DG X-100 (3-PW) | Titleist Vokey 52º, 56º, 60º | 34'' Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 | The Cardinal Club [73.9/135]

Likely to be 1 of 2 common faults...weak grip or mis-timed downswing. If your grip is too weak, you will open the clubface at impact - it will then go high and slice. If your not slicing the ball then it's likely your downswing....

Could be that your snapping your wrists too quickly on the downswing - often caused by whipping your right hand too much before impact. Most golfers try to force the club with their right hand to get distance, but this is a mistake. The clubhead gets in front of your hands and opens the clubface. Instead of your left arm and club shaft being in a straight line at impact - it looks more like "5 o'clock" position. You will lose a lot a distance with this.

Likely to be 1 of 2 common faults...weak grip or mis-timed downswing. If your grip is too weak, you will open the clubface at impact - it will then go high and slice. If your not slicing the ball then it's likely your downswing....

Wouldn't the proper tip be to just speed the body up to the wrists/hands???

Driver - Titleist 975 LFE Fujikura 70x
Old driver (broken and not using) - Ping G2, Aldila NV-65 Stiff flex
3 Wood - Cobra X-speed 13 degree, stiff
2 hyrbid - Nickent 3DX DC Ironwood 17 degree
4 hyrbid - Mizuno CLK Fli-Hi 23 degree4-6 irons - Taylormade Rac HT7 iron-PW - Mizuno Mx-25GW -...

ok thanks for the tips guys
Actually chip kind of hit the nail on the head here. I actually try to snap my right hand which usually closes the club face for me, b/c i tend to slice

Note: This thread is 5544 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!