IGNORED

how much do you pay for a lesson

aca247
Note: This thread is 5399 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well I've been playing for about 6 months and have not taken a lesson. I know everyone preaches, including the golf channel, to do so. Is is really worth it? Has anyone had great results or an Epiphany after having a few lessons? I mean there are so many videos and tips out there... I mean everyone finds their own rhythm and the game is so dynamic, can a lesson really make a difference?

-Pat

- Pat

41 yrs. old, 3rd year playing and learning!
In my beginner bag:
--------------------------Driver/3W/3H - Nike Sumo SQ4H - TaylorMade Rescue5 iron - PW 2008 Callaway BB w/iBridsLW/SW/GW - 2010 Cleveland CG15Putter - 2008 Taylormade Rossa Monte Carlo 7---------------------------

Seems like the going rate around here is $35/ 1/2 hour-45min. for 1 on 1 instruction

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction." Ty Webb, Golf Philosopher

$50 for a 1 hour lesson seems to be the norm in my area, but you can get some packaged deals were you buy 5 get 1 free kind of thing.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

85/hour. You usually get what you pay for

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I used to pay about 80 bucks an hour with my pro. But we've been together for so long his lessons only take about 10 mintues now, and usually only deal with setup, posture and takeaway. He doenst charge me, anymore. He is more of a swing coach for me at this point than a teacher.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I used to pay about 80 bucks an hour with my pro. But we've been together for so long his lessons only take about 10 mintues now, and usually only deal with setup, posture and takeaway. He doenst charge me, anymore. He is more of a swing coach for me at this point than a teacher.

That is the good thing about taking the time to pick a really good teacher in the beginning and then sticking with them for the duration.

Bryan A

That is the good thing about taking the time to pick a really good teacher in the beginning and then sticking with them for the duration.

I agree. He has been instructing me since the day i picked up a club. He is also sponsored by titleist so i get sweet deals on their equipment.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I agree. He has been instructing me since the day i picked up a club. He is also sponsored by titleist so i get sweet deals on their equipment.

Really??

I have been thinking about going to Titleist

Bryan A

I'm not sure which one to take, but here's what I have in my area:

Golf Galaxy: $50 / 30 minute session with V-1 Swing Analysis or $150 for 3 sessions. Indoors at their facility so no range to see ball flight.

Local Par 3 course: $45 / 30 minute session or $120 for 3 sessions. On the range but no swing software.

Range where my father used to work: $45 / 30 minute session, or 125 / 3 sessions, 200 / 5 sessions, 380 / 10 sessions, or a 2 hour on the course playing lesson for 150 which includes green and cart fee. It's on the range and video. I guess this one is a no brainer.

In my Acuity bag:

Driver: HiBore XL
Woods: Acuity 3 Wood and 3I-hybrid
Irons: Acuity oversized cavity backs 4 - PWWedges: Tourney Silver Scot 192Putter: Acuity half-malletBall: XL 5000 Super Straight

Where I grew up in Central PA we had a lot of local pros who would teach kids for the price of range balls. After that my high school coach and college coach were both teaching pros. Since then I will have the club pro help me when I get the yips putting. I think I've learned enough that I'm able to adjust my own swing now.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

how much do you pay do a lesson thats an hour long

Nothing. I work as a starter and the head pro doesn't charge to give a lesson to employees as long as we let him pick the time for the lesson.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Note: This thread is 5399 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!